More Rewards American Express Card
Travel and Earn 5X More
To avail of this promotion, register at bit.ly/5XTravel
1. Promotion is open to all new and existing Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers of American Express® Cards issued by BDO (except The American Express® Cashback Credit Card and American Express® Corporate Cards)
• American Express Charge Cards
> The Platinum Card®
> The American Express® Gold Card
> The American Express® Green Card
• American Express Credit Cards
> The American Express® Platinum Credit Card
> The American Express® Gold Credit Card
> The American Express® Credit Card
> Blue from American Express
> BDO Dual Gold American Express® Card
• The Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Cards
> The Cathay Pacific American Express® Credit Card
> The Cathay Pacific American Express® Elite Credit Card
2. Promotion period is from May 31 – August 15, 2018.
3. Local, international, and online purchases posted under airline (i.e., business class airlines, passenger airlines, and low cost carrier), lodging (i.e., hotels and resorts) and travel-related (i.e., cruise lines, car rental, and travel agencies) categories shall qualify for this promotion.
BDO has the sole discretion to determine whether a transaction is classified as airline, lodging and/or travel-related. BDO is dependent on the Merchant Category Classifications assigned by its Acquiring Bank on each merchant establishment to be able to identify qualified transactions.
4. The following transactions are NOT qualified for the promotion: Recurring Payment System, cash advances made via ATM or over-the-counter, Bills Payment such as Auto Charge or Charge on Demand, and BDO Internal Installment Programs such as Balance Transfer, Balance Convert, ExpressPay Convert, Easy Pay Cash or Cash-it-Easy.
5. To participate, the Basic Cardmember must successfully register via BDO web registration within May 31 – August 19, 2018. Successful registration of the Basic Cardmember also corresponds to the eligibility of the Supplementary Cardmember/s.
To register, visit bit.ly/5XTravel and fill out the required fields. Registrations with incomplete or invalid details will not be processed.
6. Cardmembers* who use their American Express Cards on travel-related spend during the promotion period will earn the corresponding Membership Rewards® Points or Asia Miles below.
7. Earning and crediting of Bonus Membership Rewards Points or Asia Miles:
a. A minimum of Php300,000 total accumulated travel-related spend by the Basic and its Supplementary cardmember/s within the promotion period is required to qualify for the promotion. Minimum single-receipt of Php3,000 is required.
For Cardmembers enrolled in Dual Currency Feature, PHP and USD transactions will be combined. For USD transactions, an exchange rate of $1 = ₱52 will be used. Minimum spend and maximum Membership Rewards Points or Asia Miles is based on total accumulated spend in both currencies.
b. A cardmember can earn up to a maximum of 50,000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points or Asia Miles only for this promotion.
c. The Bonus Membership Rewards Points or Asia Miles accumulated by the Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers are credited to the Basic Cardmember’s account.
d. The Bonus Membership Rewards Points or Asia Miles shall be credited to the Basic Cardmember’s account sixty (60) days after the registration period. The Cardmember shall report any discrepancy within sixty (60) days after the crediting period. Discrepancy reports made beyond sixty (60) days will not be accommodated.
e. The American Express Card must be active and of good credit standing at the time of crediting of the Membership Rewards Points or Asia Miles, otherwise, the Bonus Points or Miles earned shall be forfeited.
f. The Bonus Membership Rewards Points or Asia Miles earned in this promotion have no monetary value and are not convertible to cash.
g. The 5X Membership Rewards Points or Asia Miles on Travel Spend Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with other ongoing promotional offers of American Express and BDO. Should there be multiple Membership Rewards Points or Asia Miles / Treats promotions running simultaneously, a Cardmember is eligible to earn the Bonus Membership Rewards Points or Asia Miles / Treats in one promotion/program only.
8. BDO reserves the right to reverse the Bonus Membership Rewards Points or Asia Miles previously credited to the Cardmember if the qualifying purchase or transaction is cancelled on a later date, is found to be invalid or fraudulent, is found to be used in conjunction with other BDO and American Express promotions, or if there was an error in the crediting of the Bonus Membership Rewards Points or Asia Miles.
9. In case of dispute, in respect of but not limited to the Cardmember’s eligibility, coverage of dates, transaction qualification, fulfillment, etc., BDO’s decision shall prevail. All questions or disputes regarding the Cardmember’s eligibility for the promotion shall be resolved by BDO.
10. The promotion is subject to the General Terms and Conditions governing: a) the issuance and use of American Express Card issued to the Cardmember; b) the Membership Rewards Program; c) the Asia MilesTM Program.
Per DTI-FTEB Permit No. 9483 series of 2018.