Complimentary eGift Certificate
Apply today for an American Express Platinum Credit Card
1. The promotion is open to newly and first-time approved Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers of the following American Express Cards:
a. American Express Platinum Credit Card
b. Cathay Pacific Elite American Express Credit Card
whose cards have been issued and delivered by BDO within the promo period. The Cardmember should have no other BDO-issued American Express Card (whether existing or cancelled) to qualify for the promo.
2. Cardmembers with upgraded, downgraded , converted, replacement or renewal cards, whether bank or client-initiated, issued within the promo period are NOT eligible for the promotion. Platinum Credit Cards issued within the duration of specific BDO-initiated Card Upgrade Programs shall be eligible for the promotion.
3. The American Express Platinum Credit Card or Cathay Pacific Elite American Express Credit Card must be issued and delivered within the promotion period: July 24 to December 31, 2020. Spend period must be within 90 days from card issuance. Registration period must be within 60 days from end of spend period.
4. To qualify, Basic or Supplementary Cardmember must activate and use their Card at any establishment within the promo period.
For combined Peso and Dollar spend, the total spend requirement computation will be based on Peso value. Dollar transactions will be converted to Peso on a fixed rate of PHP50 = USD1. The resulting amount will then be added to the total qualified Peso transactions.
*eGCs to be sent in increments of Php1,000.
5. All local and international retail, installment, online and Mail Order Telephone Order (MOTO) transactions are qualified.
6. The following transactions are excluded from the promotion:
a. Local/International Cash Advances made via ATM or over-the-counter
b. Any type of Bills Payment (Auto Charge, Charge-on-Demand, Utility/Recurring Bills, Loan Payments, etc.)
c. Utilities - Electric, Water, etc.
d. Transactions from Casino or from merchants engaged in Gambling
e. Transactions from trading services/remittances
f. BDO Easy Pay Installment Programs such as Balance Transfer, EasyPay Cash and Cash-It-Easy
g. Business-related transactions
i. Transactios that were already used to redeem in another American Express and/or BDO Credit Card promotional offers including, but not limited to Membership Rewards Points/Asia Miles Multiplier, SM 3-Day Sale, BDO Treats Promotion, etc.
7. For installment purchases, the principal/full purchase amount shall be included in the computation of spend.
8. Purchases must come from one (1) qualified American Express Platinum Credit Card or Cathay Pacific Elite American Express Credit Card. The Basic Credit Card account is treated separately from the Supplementary Credit Card account. Thus, Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers are not allowed to combine their charge slips for redemption of the reward item. The Basic or Supplementary Cardmember must be able to provide separate information of the charge slip(s) that reflect their corresponding American Express Platinum Credit Card or Cathay Pacific Elite American Express Credit Card Numbers.
9. A Cardmember can only avail of one (1) reward item throughout the duration of the program, regardless if the spend is over and beyond the minimum spend requirement or if Cardmember has more than one (1) approved American Express Platinum Credit Card or Cathay Pacific Elite American Express Credit Card. In case the Cardmember is found by BDO to have made more than one (1) redemption, submitted incomplete or invalid requirements, redeemed using fraudulent schemes or cancels any or all of the qualifying purchases, BDO reserves the right to charge the cost of the reward item to the Basic or Supplementary Cardmember’s American Express Platinum Credit Card or Cathay Pacific Elite American Express Credit Card, or directly collect the cost from the Basic or Supplementary Cardmember.
10. Transactions submitted in the BDO American Express Online Registration Form that meet the required spend will automatically be tagged as redeemed and can no longer be used to redeem any reward/treat in any BDO Credit Card promotion.
11. The American Express Platinum Credit Card or Cathay Pacific Elite American Express Credit Card should be active and in good credit standing at the time of redemption. Otherwise, the reward item will be forfeited.
12. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with other ongoing promotions of American Express, BDO Credit Cards, and Merchant Partners (ex. SM 3-Day Sale, BDO Treats, etc.). The transactions registered in order to avail of any BDO Credit Card promotion can no longer be used to redeem in this promotion.
13. The reward items redeemed in this Promotion are subject to the following terms and conditions:
a. The items are tax-free, non-refundable, not available nor convertible to cash purchase, not available for re-sale, and cannot be returned or exchanged.
b. The redeemed items are subject to the applicable warranties of merchant partners.
c. If the price of the item to be purchased using the eGCs is lower than the redeemed amount, the remaining amount can no longer be used to redeem any item and cannot be converted to cash or voucher for future use.
d. If the price of the item to be purchased is higher than the amount of the redeemed eGCs, the excess amount shall be shouldered by the Cardmember using his/her qualified American Express Card. In the event of a declined transaction, the Cardmember may use another American Express Card or any other BDO Credit Card. Payment of the excess amount using cash or card/s not issued by BDO is strictly prohibited.
14. BDO has the right to qualify transaction from Cardmember’s existing purchases in the event that the required spend is found insufficient upon online registration, to be entitled to redeem. If no transaction would qualify, Cardmember needs to repeat registration process within prescribed period to include complete transaction details once required minimum spend has been reached.
15. In case of dispute pertaining to, but not limited to the Cardmember’s eligibility, coverage of dates, transactions qualification, fulfillment, etc., BDO’s decision will prevail. All questions or disputes regarding the Cardmember’s eligibility for the promotion or for any redemption shall be resolved by BDO with the concurrence of DTI.
16. Terms and Conditions governing the issuance and use of American Express Card issued by BDO apply.
1. Enroll and completely fill out the Web Registration form with the following information:
a. Promo ID (sent through your mobile number via BDO Deals SMS)
b. Transaction Details
c. Agreement to the Terms of Acceptance
2. Cardmember must completely fill out and submit the fully accomplished Online Registration form. The online Registration form must be submitted within the redemption period. Cardmember will receive an auto-reply response upon submission of the Online Registration form.
3. Once eGC voucher has been forwarded, cancellation of redemption is not allowed.
4. A qualified Cardmember may redeem a part of or the whole amount of the eGC for one (1) or more of the following partner merchants: a.) SSI; b.) Rustan’s Department Store; and c.) SM Gift Pass.
5. For incomplete and incorrect transaction details, a SMS notification will be sent to the Cardmember to inform him/her regarding the status of validation. Upon receipt of the SMS notification, Cardmember must re-submit the Online Registration form within the prescribed period.
*Note: For proper transaction validation, Cardmember to ensure input of correct Promo ID sent by BDO via SMS; otherwise registration will not be processed.
6. The eGC code will be forwarded to Cardmember’s cellphone number registered under his/her American Express Card via BDO eGC SMS.
7. To redeem the eGC with the preferred merchant partner, Cardmember must :
a. Present his/her American Express Card at the participating merchant outlet.
b. Present and submit one (1) valid Photo ID - can be any of the following: SSS/BIR/PRC ID, Company ID, Senior Citizen’s ID or Passport (name must match with the American Express Card presented)
c. Present the electronic or print out copy of the eGC Code found in the email for processing and validation
d. Present additional identification documents at point of redemption should the partner merchant requests for such.
8. The Promotion Code is for one-time use and outright redemption only within the stated redemption period. Any unused promotion code after the redemption will be forfeited after sixty (60) days from receipt.
9. The eGC may only be used to redeem item from partner merchant’s regular priced items and therefore not valid during mall wide sale and/or store sale events unless explicitly stated by partner merchant.
Furthermore, the recognized Suggested Retail Price (SRP) will be in exception of any class discount or any other markdown in effect during the store promotion.
Note: BDO will not be responsible for non-receipt of notification due to incorrect contact details. Thus Cardmembers must ensure that the contact details, provided in the BDO Web Registration form, are accurate. For any inquiries, please call the Customer Service Hotline 8631-8000.
Per DTI Fair Trade Permit No. FTEB 102499, Series of 2020.