3% Cashback on Gasoline Station Spend
Click here to view the complete list of participating local gasoline stations in the Philippines for this promotion.
1. The Promotion is open to existing Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers of American Express® Cashback Credit Cards issued by BDO whose accounts are active and current (e.g. no past due). Newly issued American Express Cashback Credit Cards from October 16 to December 31, 2019 are excluded from this promotion. BDO Employee American Express Cashback Credit Cards are also excluded from this promotion.
2. To qualify, Cardmembers must use their eligible American Express Cashback Credit Card/s issued by BDO and reach the minimum single or accumulated local spend requirement as stated below at participating gasoline stations in the Philippines during the promo/spend period: October 16 to December 31, 2019. Qualified Cardmembers will earn the corresponding Bonus Cashback:
• All transactions must be made within the promotion/spend period to qualify.
• A qualified Cardmember may get up to a maximum of Php2,500 worth of Bonus Cashback under this promotion.
• BDO has the sole discretion to determine whether a transaction is classified as a gasoline station/service station transaction. BDO is dependent on the Merchant Category Classifications assigned by the Acquiring Bank of each merchant establishment to be able to identify qualified transactions/participating gasoline stations.
3. Earning and Crediting of the Bonus Cashback
a. The American Express Cashback Credit Card/s must be active and of good credit standing at the time of crediting of the Bonus Cashback, otherwise, the Bonus Cashback earned shall be forfeited.
b. A minimum of Php10,000 single or accumulated local spend (no minimum spend requirement per transaction/charge slip) from participating gasoline stations in the Philippines by the Basic or its Supplementary Cardmember/s within the promotion/spend period is required to qualify for the promotion.
c. The Bonus Cashback will apply up to a maximum of Php2,500 only. Once a Basic and/or Supplementary Cardmember reaches the maximum Bonus Cashback limit of Php2,500, his/her subsequent transactions will still earn the Regular 1% Cashback, but shall no longer earn the Bonus 2% Cashback.
The total Bonus Cashback accumulated by the qualified Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers will be rounded down to two (2) decimal places and will be credited to the Basic Cardmember's account.
d. The Bonus Cashback accumulated by the Basic and/or Supplementary Cardmembers are credited to the Basic Cardmember's account.
e. The Bonus Cashback earned will be credited to the Basic Cardmember's Statement of Account (SOA) on or before February 29, 2020 with the transaction description “Bonus Cashback Gasoline Spend”. An SMS notification (using the mobile number registered with BDO) will be sent to the Cardmember upon successful posting of the Bonus Cashback.
f. Cardmembers may examine their SOA for any error/s related to the promotion (e.g. Bonus Cashback computation, non-awarding of Bonus Cashback, etc.). All questions and issues arising from the promotion will be accepted within sixty (60) calendar days from posting of the Bonus Cashback, or until April 30, 2020 after which the promotion is considered conclusive.
4. Only qualified Cardmembers are allowed to redeem. The Basic Credit Card account is treated as separate from the Supplementary Credit Card account. Thus, both Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers are qualified to earn the Bonus Cashback. However, the Bonus Cashback accumulated by the Basic and/or Supplementary Cardmembers will be credited to the Basic Cardmember's account.
5. Only local straight transactions from participating gasoline stations in the Philippines within the promotion/spend period are qualified and will be eligible to earn the Bonus Cashback. Thus, Installment transactions are excluded from this promotion.
6. The following transactions are not qualified for the promotion:
a. Foreign/International transactions (e.g. transactions from gasoline stations/service stations located outside the Philippines, etc.)
b. Purchases from Utilities – Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG), Electric, Water, etc.
c. Purchase of Petroleum Products (Fuel Engine Oil, Coolants, Brake Fluid, Industrial Wax, Kerosene, Propane, Sulfur, and Lubricants used in various heavy machinery, etc.)
d. Coal Dealers
f. Installment transactions and Mail Order/Telephone Order (MOTO) transactions
g. Any type of Bills Payment such as Auto Charge, Charge-on-Demand, utility or recurring bills, loan payments and the like
h. Business related transactions
i. BDO Internal Installment Programs such as Balance Transfer, Balance Convert, EasyPay Cash, EasyPay Convert, Cash it Easy and the like
j. Any transaction used to register or redeem from other on-going American Express and/or BDO Credit Card Promos (including, but not limited to SM 3-day sale, SM Affiliates Rebate offers, BDO Treats Promotion, etc.)
7. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers of American Express and BDO. A Cardmember's local gasoline station transaction that has been used to redeem the Bonus Cashback will be automatically tagged as redeemed and may no longer be used to avail of other American Express or BDO Promos (e.g. SM 3-day sale, SM Affiliates Rebate offers, BDO Treats Promotion, etc). Should there be other Bonus Cashback, Rebates, Treats promotions, etc. running simultaneously, a Cardmember is eligible to qualify in one promotion/program only. If found to have double/multiple redemptions or if any or all of the qualifying local gasoline station transaction/s are cancelled/reversed or found to be invalid or fraudulent, or is found to be used in conjunction with other American Express and/or BDO promotions, or if there was an error in the crediting of the Bonus Cashback at a later date BDO reserves the right to reverse the Bonus Cashback previously credited to the Cardmember at BDO’s discretion or directly collect the cost from the Cardmember.
8. The Bonus Cashback is non-transferable, non-refundable and not convertible to cash. It is treated as a credit or payment on any outstanding balance on the Cardmember's account.
9. In case of dispute pertaining to, but not limited to, the Cardmember's eligibility, coverage of dates, transaction qualification, fulfillment, etc., BDO's decision will prevail. All questions or disputes regarding the Cardmember's eligibility for the promotion or for any redemption shall be resolved by BDO at its sole discretion.
10. In case of any question about any of the provisions of this promotion, the interpretation of BDO shall prevail.
11. The Terms and Conditions governing the issuance and use of American Express Cashback Credit Cards will apply.
Per DTI Fair Trade Permit No. FTEB 19270, Series of 2019.
American Express is a registered trademark of American Express.
These Cards are issued by BDO pursuant to a license from American Express.