P500 Cashback on Restaurant Spend
Apply today for an American Express Cashback Credit Card.
Promotion Period: January 15 to February 28, 2021
New and existing Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers of BDO-issued American Express Cards (except American Express Corporate Cards).
Earn P500 Cashback for a minimum single-receipt spend of P2,000 at local restaurants. Valid for dine-in, take-out and delivery.
• A qualified Cardmember can earn up to a maximum of P3,000 cashback at the end of the promo period.
• The cashback shall be credited to Basic Cardmember’s account on or before March 31, 2021.
• Only transactions made from BDO-acquired local restaurants accepting American Express Cards issued by BDO and transactions that will fall under the Merchant Category Classifications “MCC” 5812, 5813 and 5814 will qualify for cashback.
• Transactions from Food Delivery Apps such as GrabFood, LalaFood, Foodpanda, etc.
• Any transactions used to register or redeem from other on-going BDO Credit Card Promotions, Overseas Transactions, Business-related transactions, Transactions from Casino or from merchants engaged in Gambling and BDO Internal Installment Program such as Balance Transfer, EasyPay Cash Out, EasyPay Convert and Cash-It-Easy.
1. The promotion is open to all active Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers of American Express® Cards issued by BDO, excluding American Express Corporate Cards.
2. The promotion/spend period is from January 15 to February 28, 2021.
3. To earn Cashback:
• Cardmember must spend a minimum single-receipt of P2,000 in local restaurants to earn P500 cashback. Offer is valid for dine-in, take-out and delivery transactions. A maximum cashback of P3,000 can be earned per Qualified American Express Card within the promotion period (Basic and Supplementary Credit Card accounts are treated separately):
“Restaurant Spend” is defined as transactions made at BDO-acquired restaurants accepting American Express Cards issued by BDO, located in the Philippines only. BDO has sole discretion to determine/qualify whether a transaction is classified as a local restaurant transaction.
BDO is dependent on the Merchant Category Classifications “MCC” assigned by its Acquiring bank on each merchant establishments to be able to identify qualified transactions. Only transactions that will fall under MCCs 5812, 5813 and 5814 will qualify for the Cashback.
4. The following transactions are NOT QUALIFIED for the promotion:
5. The Basic Credit Card Account is treated as separate from the Supplementary Credit Card Account. Thus, the Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers are not allowed to combine their purchases to qualify for the promotion.
Crediting of Cashback:
1. The American Express Card must be active and of good credit standing with no past due obligation during the promotion period and at the time of crediting of the cashback otherwise, the cashback earned shall be forfeited.
2. A Cardmember may earn up to a maximum of P3,000 worth of Cashback per Card at the end of the promotion period. Once a Basic or Supplementary Cardmember reaches the maximum Cashback, he/she can no longer earn the Cashback.
3. The Cashback shall be credited to the Basic Cardmember’s account on or before March 31, 2021.
4. An SMS notification will be sent to the Cardmember’s mobile number registered with BDO upon successful posting of the Cashback. Cardmembers must ensure that their contact details registered with BDO is correct and updated. BDO will not be responsible for the non-receipt of the SMS notification due to incorrect or outdated contact details.
5. The Cashback earned will reflect to the next Statement of Account with transaction description of “Amex Cashback on Restaurant Spend”.
6. If no discrepancy is reported by the Cardmember within sixty (60) days after the Cashback were credited or should have been credited, the Cashback will be considered correct.
General Terms and Conditions:
1. The Cashback earned in this promotion has no monetary value and are not transferrable, non-refundable and not convertible to cash. However, it is treated as a credit or payment for purchases or any outstanding balance on the Card.
2. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with other on-going promotion of BDO and American Express. Transactions used to avail of any BDO Credit Card Promotion (including but not limited to BDO Spend Anywhere Cashback Promotion, Credit Card Activation Programs, SM 3-Day Sale, SM Affiliated Rebate Offers, etc.) will no longer earn Cashback for this promotion. Should there be other American Express or BDO promotions running simultaneously, a Cardmember is eligible to qualify to one (1) promotion/program only.
3. BDO reserves the right to reverse the Cashback previously credited to the Cardmember if the qualifying purchase or transaction is cancelled at a later date, is found to be invalid, is found to be used in conjunction with other BDO and American Express promotions or if there was an error in the crediting of the Cashback.
4. In case of dispute pertaining to, but not limited to, the Cardmember’s eligibility, coverage of dates, transaction qualification, fulfillment, etc., BDO’s decision will prevail. All questions or disputes regarding the Cardmember’s eligibility for the promotion shall be resolved by BDO with the concurrence of DTI.
5. The promotion is subject to the Terms and Conditions governing the issuance and use of American Express Cards issued to the Cardmembers.
DTI Fair Trade Permit No. FTEB-111787, Series of 2021.