P500 Cash Back on Restaurant Spend
Apply today for an American Express Cashback Credit Card.
Promotion Period: November 6, 2020 to January 1, 2021. Valid on weekends and select holidays only.
New and existing Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers of BDO-issued American Express® Cards (except American Express® Corporate Cards).
Earn P500 Cash Back for a minimum single-receipt spend of P3,000 at local restaurants. Valid for dine-in, take-out and delivery.
• A qualified Cardmember can earn up to a maximum Cash Back of P2,000 per month.
• The Cash Back shall be credited to the Basic Cardmember’s account on the following dates:
• Only the transactions made at BDO-acquired local restaurants accepting American Express Cards issued by BDO and transactions that will fall under Merchant Category Classifications “MCC” 5813, 5814 and 5812 will qualify for the Cash Back.
Any transactions used to register or redeem from other on-going BDO Credit Card Promotions, Overseas Transactions, Business-related transactions, Transactions from Casino or from merchants engaged in Gambling, Transactions from Food Delivery Apps such as GrabFood, LalaFood, Foodpanda and the like and BDO Internal Installment Programs such as Balance Transfer, EasyPay Cash Out, EasyPay Convert and Cash-It-Easy.
1. The promotion is open to all active Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers of following American Express® Cards issued by BDO.
• Platinum® Card
• American Express® Gold Card
• American Express® Green Card
• American Express® Platinum Credit Card
• Cathay Pacific American Express® Elite Credit Card
• American Express® Cashback Credit Card
• American Express® Gold Credit Card
• American Express® Credit Card
• Blue from American Express
• BDO Dual Gold American Express Card
• Cathay Pacific American Express® Credit Card
Excluded in the promotion are the following:
• American Express® Corporate Cards
2. The promotion/spend period is from November 6, 2020 to January 1, 2021. Valid on weekends and select holidays only.
3. To earn Cash Back:
Cardmember must spend a minimum single-receipt of P3,000 in local restaurants to earn a P500 Cash Back. Offer is valid for dine-in, take out and delivery transactions. The maximum Cash Back that can be earned per Qualified American Express Card per month within the promotion period are as follows (Basic and Supplementary Credit Card accounts are treated separately):
“Restaurant Spend” is defined as transactions made at BDO-acquired restaurants accepting American Express Cards issued by BDO, located in the Philippines only. BDO has the sole discretion to determine/qualify whether a transaction is classified as a local restaurant transaction.
BDO is dependent on the Merchant Category Classifications “MCC” assigned by its Acquiring bank on each merchant establishment to be able to identify qualified transactions. Only transactions that will fall under MCCs 5813, 5814 and 5812 will qualify for the Cash Back.
4. The following transactions are NOT QUALIFIED for the promotion:
5. The Basic Credit Card account is treated as separate from the Supplementary Credit Card account. Thus, the Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers are not allowed to combine their purchases to qualify for the promotion.
Crediting of Cash Back:
1. The American Express Card must be active and of good credit standing with no past due obligation during the promotion period and at the time of crediting of the Cash Back otherwise, the Cash Back earned shall be forfeited.
2. A Cardmember may earn up to a maximum of P2,000 worth of Cash Back per month. Once a Basic or Supplementary Cardmember reaches the maximum Cash Back, he/ she can no longer earn the Cash Back.
3. The Cash Back shall be credited to the Basic Cardmember’s account on the following dates:
4. An SMS notification will be sent to the Cardmember’s mobile number registered with BDO upon successful posting of the Cash Back. Cardmembers must ensure that their contact details registered with BDO is correct and updated. BDO will not be responsible for the non-receipt of the SMS notification due to incorrect or outdated contact details.
5. The Cash Back earned will reflect to the next Statement of Account with transaction description of “Amex Cash Back on Restaurant Spend”.
6. If no discrepancy is reported by the Cardmember within sixty (60) days after the Cash Back were credited or should have been credited, the Cash Back will be considered correct.
General Terms and Conditions:
1. The Cash Back earned in this promotion has no monetary value and are not convertible to cash. However, it is treated as a credit or payment for purchases or any outstanding balance on the Card.
2. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers of American Express and BDO. Transactions used to avail of any BDO Credit Card promotion (including, but not limited to American Express GC Treats Promotion, Credit Card Activation Programs, etc.) will no longer earn Cash Back for this promotion. Should there be other American Express or BDO promotions running simultaneously, a Cardmember is eligible to qualify to one (1) promotion/program only.
3. BDO reserves the right to reverse the Cash Back previously credited to the Cardmember if the qualifying purchase or transaction is cancelled at a later date, is found to be invalid or fraudulent, is found to be used in conjunction with other BDO and American Express promotions, or if there was an error in the crediting of the Cash Back.
4. In case of dispute, in respect of but not limited to the Cardmember’s eligibility, coverage of dates, transaction qualification, fulfillment, etc., BDO’s decision shall prevail. All questions or disputes regarding the Cardmember’s eligibility for the promotion shall be resolved by BDO with the concurrence of DTI.
5. The promotion is subject to the Terms and Conditions governing the issuance and use of the American Express Cards issued to the Cardmembers.
Per DTI Fair Trade Permit No. FTEB-108093, Series of 2020.