10% Rebate on Oct 10 Online Spend
Apply today for an American Express Cashback Credit Card.
Click here to Enroll
10% Rebate on Oct 10 Online Spend
Promo Period: October 10, 2020 (Saturday)
New and existing Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers of BDO-issued American Express® Cards (except The American Express® Cashback Credit Cards issued from August 1, 2020 onwards and the American Express® Corporate Cards)
Get 10% rebate on all ONLINE purchases for a minimum single-receipt purchase of P3,000
• A qualified Cardmember may get up to a maximum of P5,000 worth of rebate under this Promo
• The rebate will be posted to the Basic Cardmember's account on or before November 16, 2020
Exclusions: Online Transactions from Restaurants, Fast foods, Bars, Gasoline and Service Stations, Casinos, Stock Trading and etc. (refer to the Promotion Mechanics for the complete list)
How to Join:
To get the 10% rebate:
*Please note that the Card Security Code (4CSC) for BDO-issued American Express® Cards is found in front of the Card.
1. The Promotion is open to new and existing Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers of the following BDO-issued American Express® Cards whose accounts are active and current (e.g. no past due):
• The Platinum® Card
• The American Express® Gold Card
• The American Express® Green Card
• The American Express® Platinum Credit Card
• Cathay Pacific American Express® Elite Credit Card
• Cathay Pacific American Express® Credit Card
• The American Express® Cashback Credit Card*
• The American Express® Gold Credit Card
• The American Express® Credit Card
• Blue from American Express
• BDO Dual Gold American Express Card
*Excluded are The American Express® Cashback Credit Cards issued from August 1, 2020 onwards.
EXCLUDED in the promo are the following:
• The American Express® Corporate Cards
2. To participate in the promo:
a. The Cardmember must enroll to the promo from October 8 to 11, 2020 using the Promo ID sent by BDO via BDO Deals SMS/Viber. The Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers must enroll to the promo separately for their respective Cards, and ensure that accurate information is provided. Only Cardmembers who were able to enroll during the prescribed Enrollment Period will be qualified for the Rebate. Click here to enroll.
b. The Cardmember must use their eligible American Express Card/s issued by BDO and reach the minimum single-receipt spend requirement of P3,000 on local or overseas (straight or installment) online/internet or Mail Order/Telephone Order (MOTO) purchases during the promo/spend period: October 10, 2020. Qualified Cardmembers will earn the corresponding Rebate:
For Cardmembers of The American Express® Platinum Credit Card and Cathay Pacific American Express® Elite Credit Card with combined Peso and Dollar spend, total spend requirement computation will be based on Peso value. Dollar transactions will be converted to Peso on a fixed rate of Php50 = USD1. The resulting amount will then be added to the total qualified Peso transactions to determine promo entitlement.
BDO has the sole discretion to determine whether a transaction is classified as an online/internet or MOTO transaction. BDO is dependent on the Merchant Category Classifications assigned by the Acquiring Bank of each merchant establishment to be able to identify qualified online/internet or MOTO transactions.
3. Promo Exclusions: The following transactions are NOT qualified for the promotion:
• Transactions from Restaurants, Fast foods, Bars
• Transactions from gasoline/service stations, Utilities – Gas, Electric, Water, etc.
• Transactions from Casinos or from merchants engaged in betting or gambling, including lottery tickets, off-track betting and wagers at race tracks and the like
• Cash advances made via ATM or over the counter
• Any type of Bills Payment such as Auto Charge, Charge-on-Demand, utility or recurring bills, loan payments and the like
• Transactions from stock trading, foreign exchange trading, financial trading services, remittance and the like
• BDO Internal Installment Programs such as Balance Transfer, Balance Convert, EasyPay Cash, EasyPay Convert, Cash it Easy and the like
• Business-related transactions
• Any transaction used to register or redeem from other on-going BDO Credit Card Promos
4. Purchases must come from one (1) qualified American Express Card. The Basic Credit Card account is treated as separate from the Supplementary Credit Card account. Thus, a separate enrollment and spend (Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers are not allowed to combine their transactions) is required for both Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers in order to qualify for the Promo.
5. For installment purchases, the principal/full purchase amount shall be considered in the computation of spend.
6. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers of American Express and BDO. A Cardmember's online/internet or MOTO transactions that have been used to redeem the 10% Rebate will be automatically tagged as redeemed and may no longer be used to avail of other American Express or BDO promotion (including SM's 3-day Sale, Activation Offers, BDO Treats Promotion, American Express Promotion, etc.) and vice versa. Should there be other American Express or BDO promotions running simultaneously, a Cardmember is eligible to qualify in one (1) promotion/program only.
Crediting of the Rebate
1. The American Express Card/s must be active and of good credit standing with no past due obligation during the promo period and at the time of crediting of the Rebate, otherwise, the Rebate earned shall be forfeited.
2. A qualified Cardmember may get up to a maximum of P5,000 worth of Rebate under this Promo.
3. The Rebate accumulated by the Basic and/or Supplementary Cardmember/s are credited to the Basic Cardmember’s account and will be rounded down to two (2) decimal places.
4. The Rebate earned will appear on the Basic Cardmember’s Statement of Account (SOA) on or before November 16, 2020 with the transaction description “Oct 10 Rebate on Online Spend”.
5. An SMS notification will be sent (using the mobile number registered with BDO) to the Cardmember upon successful posting of the Rebate. Cardmembers must ensure that their contact details registered with BDO is correct and updated. BDO will not be responsible for non-receipt of CMs notification due to incorrect or outdated contact details.
General Terms and Conditions
1. Cardmembers may examine their Stament of Account (SOA) for any error/s related to the promotion (e.g. Rebate computation, non-awarding of Rebate, etc.). All questions and issues arising from the promotion will be accepted within sixty (60) calendar days from posting of the Rebate, or until January 15, 2021 after which the promotion is considered conclusive.
Note: For disputes/concerns regarding transactions made from online/MOTO merchants (e.g. Amazon.com, etc.), Cardmembers may be asked to provide a proof of purchase (e.g. confirmation email from merchant) as a supporting document.
2. The Rebate earned is non-transferable, non-refundable and not convertible to cash. It is treated as a credit or payment on any outstanding balance on the Cardmember's account.
3. BDO reserves the right to reverse the Rebate previously credited to the Cardmember if the qualifying purchase or transaction is cancelled/reversed at a later date, is found to be invalid or fraudulent, is found to be used in conjunction with other American Express and BDO promotions, or if there was an error in the crediting of Rebate with the concurrence of DTI.
4. In case of dispute pertaining to, but not limited to, the Cardmember's eligibility, coverage of dates, transaction qualification, fulfillment, etc., BDO's decision will prevail. All questions or disputes regarding the Cardmember's eligibility for the promotion or for any redemption shall be resolved by BDO with the concurrence of DTI.
5. In case of any question about any of the provisions of this promotion, the interpretation of BDO shall prevail with the concurrence of DTI.
6. The Terms and Conditions governing the issuance and use of American Express Cards will apply.
Per DTI Fair Trade Permit No. FTEB 106369, Series of 2020.