Click here for the complete list of redemption outlets.
- The Promotion is open to all newly and first time approved Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers of American Express® Platinum Credit Card and Cathay Pacific American Express® Elite Credit Card issued by BDO within the Card Issuance Period (the “Cardmember”).
- Cardmembers with upgraded, downgraded, converted, replacement or renewal cards, whether bank or client initiated, issued within the card issuance period are NOT eligible to avail of the promotion.
- The American Express Platinum Credit Card and Cathay Pacific American Express Elite Credit Card must be issued within the promotion period from January 16 to April 15, 2017. Spend period must be within 90 days from card issuance date or until July 15, 2017 whichever comes first. Redemption of the Complimentary Item is from February 8 to September 15, 2017.
- To qualify, Basic and Supplementary Cardmember must activate and use their Card at any establishment within 90 days from card issuance or until July 15, 2017 whichever comes first. Each Cardmember should reach the minimum single or accumulated local or overseas spend requirement of P200,000 to redeem. For accumulated receipts, chargeslip should be minimum of P10,000 or USD200. For other currencies, BDO will set a fixed rate throughout the duration of the program.
- Qualified American Express Platinum Credit Card and Cathay Pacific American Express Elite Credit Cardmembers who meet the spend requirement will be entitled to redeem one (1) FREE Samsonite or American Tourister Luggage:
*A Cardmember also has the option to redeem any bag / luggage from High Sierra and Lipault worth P 10,000, if available in the redemption outlet
- All local retail, installment and international purchases are qualified. Transactions generated from casinos, gas stations, and/or business transactions from merchants specifically engaged in wholesale (ex: Warehouse Clubs) and distribution (Ex: Food supplement dealers, multi-level marketing) will not be honored.
- Transactions without chargeslips such as but not limited to internet or online transactions, Mail Order Telephone Order (MOTO), recurring payment system (ex: utility bills), cash advance made via ATM or over the counter, charge on demand, balance transfer, balance convert, ExpressPay convert, ExpressPay Cash or Cash It Easy are excluded from the Promotion.
- For installment purchases, the principal/full purchase amount shall be included in the computation of spend.
- To redeem, Cardmembers must comply with the following:
- Upon reaching the required spend, Cardmember must successfully register via BDO web registration until September 15, 2017.
- To register, visit https://bit.ly/AxReg and fill out/provide the following information:
(Note: Incomplete information will not be processed.)
- Complete Cardmember's Name
- Full Credit Card Number
- Mobile Number
- List of Transaction details such as: Merchant Name, Transaction Amount and Date of Purchase
- For incomplete and incorrect information, an SMS notification will be sent to the Cardmember to inform him/her regarding the status of validation. Thus, Cardmember must ensure that the contact details provided in the BDO Web registration are accurate. B DO will not be responsible for non-receipt of notification due to incorrect contact details.
- Cardmember needs to register again within prescribed period via BDO web registration upon receipt of an SMS notification from BDO informing him/her of the status (i.e. incomplete and incorrect information) of validation.
- BDO has the right to qualify transactions from Cardmember’s existing purchases in the event that the required spend is found insufficient upon BDO web registration, to be entitled to redeem. If no transaction would qualify, Cardmember needs to repeat registration process within prescribed period to include complete transaction details once required minimum spend has been reached.
- For qualified Cardmembers, an SMS confirmation will be sent to their mobile number with the unique iCode to be presented at the store.
- A Cardmember can avail of only one (1) complimentary item throughout the duration of the Promotion, regardless if the spend is over and beyond the minimum spend requirement or if Cardmember has more than one (1) approved American Express Platinum Credit Card or Cathay Pacific American Express Elite Credit Card. Once redeemed, cancellation of redemption is not allowed. In case the Cardmember is found by BDO to have made more than one (1) redemption, submitted incomplete or invalid requirements, redeemed using fraudulent schemes or cancels any or all of the qualifying purchases, BDO reserves the right to charge the cost of the Complimentary Item redeemed, at its full price to the Basic and Supplementary Cardmember’s BDO American Express Platinum Credit Card or Cathay Pacific American Express Elite Credit Card or directly collect the price of the Complimentary Item redeemed from the Basic or Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Purchases must come from one (1) qualified American Express Platinum Credit Card or Cathay Pacific American Express Elite Credit Card. A Basic Credit Card account is treated separately from the Supplementary Credit Card account. Thus, Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers are not allowed to combine their chargeslips for redemption of the Complimentary Item. The Basic or Supplementary Cardmember must be able to provide separate information of the chargeslip(s) that reflect their corresponding American Express Credit Card Numbers.
- A Cardmember can only receive the SMS iCode once during the whole promotion. Likewise, Cardmember can only use the SMS iCode ONCE to redeem the Complimentary Item.
- To claim the complimentary item, Cardmember must:
- Present his/her American Express Card at participating Samsonite or American Tourister redemption outlets
- Present SMS iCode confirmation from BDO. (Note that Cardmembers will be asked to delete the SMS after claiming the treat.)
- American Express Card will be swiped and Promo iCode keyed in for validation using the redemption terminal. No additional charges will be incurred for redemption.
- Present and submit one (1) Valid Photo ID – can be any of the following: SSS/BIR/PRC ID; Company ID, Senior Citizen's ID or Passport (name must match with the American Express Card presented).
- Present additional identification documents at point of redemption if Samsonite or American Tourister personnel requests for such.
- Transactions registered in the BDO web registration and transactions from Cardmember's existing purchases that BDO qualified to meet the required spend will automatically be tagged as redeemed and can no longer be used to redeem complimentary item in any BDO Credit Card promotion.
- This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with other ongoing promotions of American Express, BDO Credit Cards, and Merchant Partners. Chargeslip(s) used to avail of any BDO Credit Card promotion can no longer be used to redeem the complimentary item in this promotion.
- Redemption via authorized representative is allowed for items below P10,000 only. Cardmember must be present for redemptions in excess of P10,000.
- Cardmember's eligible American Express Platinum Credit Card or Cathay Pacific American Express Elite Credit Card.
- One (1) Original valid photo ID of the Cardmember and his/her authorized representative.
- Authorization Letter Signatures on the letter and valid photo ID presented should match.
- SMS confirmation containing the Promo Code (iCode).
- The American Express Platinum Credit Card or Cathay Pacific American Express Elite Credit Card should be active and in good credit standing at the time of redemption.
- In case of dispute pertaining to, but not limited to, the Cardmember's eligibility, coverage of dates, transaction qualification, fulfillment, etc., BDO's decision with the concurrence of DTI will prevail. All questions or disputes regarding the Cardmember's eligibility for the promotion or for any redemption shall be resolved by BDO with the concurrence of DTI.
- The Complimentary Item redeemed in this promotion is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The item is tax-free, non-refundable, not available nor convertible to cash purchase, and not available for re-sale.
- The Promotion Icode is for one-time use and outright redemption only.
- If the preferred item/s to be purchased is higher than P10,000, the excess amount shall be shouldered by the Cardmember using his/her American Express Platinum Credit Card or Cathay Pacific American Express Elite Card or any BDO Credit Card. Cash payment for the excess amount is not allowed.
- Terms and Conditions governing the issuance and use of American Express Card issued by BDO apply.
Per DTI-FTEB SPD Permit No. 0409, Series of 2017.