Amex Calm Offer
Apply today for an American Express Platinum Credit Card
Calm is the #1 app for sleep, meditation and relaxation.
Click here to subscribe now.
1. The promotion is open to all active Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers of the following American Express® Cards issued by BDO:
• Platinum Card®
• American Express® Platinum Credit Card
EXCLUDED in the promotion are the following:
• American Express® Gold Card
• American Express® Green Card
• American Express® Gold Credit Card
• American Express® Credit Card
• Blue from American Express
• BDO Dual Gold American Express Card
• American Express® Cashback Credit Card
• Cathay Pacific American Express® Elite Credit Card
• Cathay Pacific American Express® Credit Card
• American Express® Corporate Cards
2. The qualified Cardmembers are entitled to enjoy Calm Premium for FREE on the first year and 50% savings on the second year when they subscribe via the unique subscription link at calm.com/americanexpressglobal using their eligible American Express Cards issued by BDO within the promotion period.
3. The promotion/subscription period is from September 15 to October 31, 2020 (extended until December 31, 2020 as approved by DTI-FTEB).
4. Only subscriptions made via the unique subscription link within the promotion period are entitled to avail of the offer. The offer is limited to one (1) free subscription per Card. If a Cardmember has an existing Calm Premium subscription, the Cardmember must cancel the current subscription to avail of this offer.
5. Once successfully subscribed to Calm Premium offer, subscription will renew automatically each year and the corresponding fees after the free first year shall be charged to the registered American Express Card. If the Cardmember does not want to renew, the Cardmember must cancel the Calm Premium subscription no later than 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
6. The current Calm Premium Fee is PHP 2,590. Calm may change its subscription fees at any time. At the renewal of the subscription on the second year, the American Express Card will be charged 50% of the then current subscription fee, and the full fee at all subsequent renewals.
9. The promotion is not valid in conjunction with other discounts, offers, privileges of BDO, American Express, and Calm.
10. The promo cannot be exchanged for cash or other products and cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts, offers, privileges of BDO, American Express, and Calm.
11. In case of dispute, in respect of but not limited to the Cardmember’s eligibility, coverage of dates, transaction qualification, fulfillment, etc., BDO’s decision shall prevail. All questions or disputes regarding the Cardmember’s eligibility for the promotion shall be resolved by BDO with the concurrence of DTI.
12. The promotion is subject to the Terms and Conditions governing the issuance and use of the American Express Cards issued to the Cardmembers.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the American Express Calm offer?
Eligible American Express Cardmembers who subscribe to Calm Premium using the unique subscription link at calm.com/americanexpressglobal until December 31, 2020 will receive one (1) complimentary year of Calm Premium and 50% savings the following year.
IMPORTANT: Your subscription will renew automatically (unless you cancel it) and you will be charged as follows:
• 1st renewal: 50% of the current subscription fee
• All subsequent renewals: Full subscription fee
If you do not wish to renew, you must cancel by no later than 24 hours before the end of the annual subscription period.
You must register using the unique subscription link at calm.com/americanexpressglobal. If you try to register from the Calm App, App Store, Google Play Store or any other platform, you will not receive the benefit of the offer.
2. Which American Express Cards are eligible for the offer?
• Platinum Card
• American Express Platinum Credit Card
3. How do I sign up for the American Express Calm offer?
• To take advantage of the offer, visit calm.com/americanexpressglobal and follow the prompts on the page. You must register using the unique subscription link. If you try to register from the Calm App, App Store, Google Play Store or any other platform – you will not receive the benefit of the offer. You will first be asked to create a Calm account if you do not already have one or log in to an existing Calm account.
• If you already have a Calm Premium subscription, please refer item FAQ item no. 4. From there, use an eligible American Express Card to verify your eligibility and subscribe to Calm Premium. Once complete, your Calm subscription will be active on your Calm account. Using the same log-in credentials you've just used, log in to the Calm app on your mobile device to access the full content of Calm.
4. I already have a Calm subscription, can I still receive this offer?
Yes. But you will need to cancel your existing Calm Premium subscription first, and you will lose the benefit of your current subscription period. You then need to sign up for a Calm Premium subscription via the unique offer at calm.com/americanexpressglobal by no later than December 31, 2020. And of course, make sure you have an eligible American Express Card before you cancel your current subscription. To cancel a subscription, follow the instructions outlined at https://support.calm.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002473607-How-do-I-turn-off-auto-renewal-or-cancel-my-subscription-
5. I've signed up for my Calm subscription using my eligible American Express Card, but the Calm Premium content is still showing up with a locked symbol. What are my next steps?
The first thing to do is make sure you are signed in to your Calm account using the same email address and password you used to sign up for your Calm subscription.
• To sign in to the Calm website, click "Log in" in the upper right corner.
• To sign in to the Calm app, tap the "More" button in the bottom right corner of the home screen, and select "Profile." In the Profile menu, select "Sign up or Log in" and then choose "Log in" at the bottom of the page.
• If you do not see the "Sign up or Log in" option, please first log out of your Calm app. To log out, tap the "More" button in the bottom right corner of the home screen and select "Settings." Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap "Logout." After logging out please quit the Calm app, then relaunch it. From here, log back in by heading to More > Profile and selecting the option to log in.
• If this does not work for you, please make sure that your Calm app is updated to the latest version.
• If you have any further trouble accessing Calm's premium content, please write to our support team at https://support.calm.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and provide a screenshot of the locked content, along with the email address on your Calm account.
6. I received an error message while signing up for a Calm subscription through the unique American Express offer link.
If you've encountered an error message while trying to sign up for Calm, please take a screenshot of this error message and send it to Calm's support team at https://support.calm.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
7. I don’t want my Calm subscription to auto-renew, what should I do?
You must cancel your subscription by clicking cancel on your Manage Subscription (link to manage subscription page at www.calm.com/profile/managesubscription, page found within your Calm account. You need to do this at the latest, by 24 hours before the end of your current subscription period to avoid auto-renewal.
8. I was supposed to receive Calm Premium for free through the Calm offer for American Express Cardmembers, but I’ve been charged. How do I get a refund?
• If you did not redeem the offer through the unique offer landing page you will not receive the offer. If you have signed up for an auto-renewing Calm Premium subscription through Apple’s App Store, the Google Play Store, another platform, or process and would like to cancel the auto-renewing subscription, go to https://support.calm.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002473607-How-do-I-turn-off-auto-renewal-or-cancel-my-subscription-
• If you’ve been charged by Google Play or by Calm directly and would like to request a refund, please reach out to Calm at www.calm.com/contact
• If you’ve been charged by Apple iTunes please visit https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084. Please note that all iTunes refunds need to be processed by Apple directly, and all refunds are at the discretion of Apple.
9. I am supposed to receive a free year of Calm through my eligible American Express Card, but the app is only offering me a 7-day trial. How do I get my complimentary year?
In order to receive the free year offer, you must register using the unique subscription link at calm.com/americanexpressglobal. You cannot redeem the offer through the App.
10. I have multiple American Express Cards, am I eligible for more than one subscription to Calm Premium?
Yes, one Calm Premium subscription offer is available per eligible American Express Card.
11. How will you use my personal information?
12. What is the cost of Calm Premium?
The current Calm Premium Membership Fee is valued at PHP2,590. Calm can change its fees at any time in accordance with Calm’s Terms of Service. If you enroll in the offer, you will not be charged for the first year. At renewal, your Card will be charged 50% off the then current fees and the full fee at each subsequent renewal. If you do not want to renew your subscription, you must cancel by no later than 24 hours before the expiry of your current subscription.
13. Who provides Calm Premium and what do I do if I have a complaint?
DTI Fair Trade Permit No. FTEB-105006, Series of 2020