More Rewards American Express Card
Earn up to 30,000 Asia Miles
Click here to APPLY for a Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card.
1. The Promotion is open to newly and first time approved Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers of The Cathay Pacific American Express® Credit Card and The Cathay Pacific American Express® Elite Credit Card (“Card”) issued by BDO whose cards have been applied within the promo period and subsequently approved by BDO within the promotion period. The Cardmember should have no other existing BDO issued American Express Card to qualify for the promotion.
The following cards are excluded from the promotion:
• The Platinum Card®
• The American Express® Gold Card
• The American Express® Green Card
• The American Express® Platinum Credit Card
• The American Express® Gold Credit Card
• The American Express® Credit Card
• The American Express® Cashback Credit Card
• Blue from American Express
• BDO Dual Gold American Express® Card
• The American Express® Corporate Cards
2. Cardmembers with upgraded, downgraded, converted, replacement or renewal cards, whether bank or client initiated, whose cards have been applied within the promo period and subsequently approved by BDO are NOT eligible to avail of the promotion.
3. The Card must be applied within May 25 to August 31, 2018 and subsequently approved by BDO.
4. Cardmember can earn up to 30,000 Asia Miles through the following:
• The Basic or Supplementary Cardmember must use their card at any establishment within the prescribed period or until November 30, 2018, whichever comes first. Qualified Cardmembers who meet the minimum-spend requirement can earn up to 30,000 bonus Asia Miles:
4.1) To qualify for bonus Asia Miles for CARD UNBLOCKING:
• The Basic or Supplementary Cardmember must unblock their Card on or before October 31, 2018. Applicable bonus Asia Miles:
• Card unblocking period and schedule of crediting of the corresponding bonus Asia Miles:
• There is no spend requirement to qualify for the Bonus Asia Miles for card unblocking and will be awarded to the Cardmember for as long as they activate their card via:
• Hotline number: 631-8000 (within Metro Manila) or Domestic Toll-Free at 1-800-10-6318000
• Text: BDOCC ACTIVATE <first/middle/last name/last 4 digits of card> to 2256
• Website: www.bdo.com.ph/cardactivation
4.2) As a regular benefit of the card, Cardmember will automatically receive Bonus Asia Miles for the first usage at any establishment (no minimum-spend required) with their newly-approved card:
Note: Crediting is done on the next billing cycle.
4.3) To qualify for the promotion offer:
• A minimum of Php 200,000 (Cathay Pacific American Express Elite Credit Card) or Php 75,000 (Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card) total single or cumulative spend accumulated by the Basic and Supplementary Cardmember/s within the promotion period is required to qualify for the promotion.
Succeeding transactions after reaching the minimum-spend requirement will still earn the regular Miles, but shall no longer earn the Bonus Asia Miles promotion offer.
• Spend and registration must be within the prescribed period below. Crediting of bonus Asia Miles shall be until January 15, 2019:
• Schedule of spending, registration, and crediting of bonus Asia Miles as follows:
5. All local and international retail, installment, online, and Mail Order/ Telephone Order (MO/TO) transactions are qualified.
6. The following transactions are excluded from the Promotion:
7. For installment purchases, the principal/full purchase amount shall be included in the computation of qualified spend.
8. The bonus Asia Miles earned by either the Basic or Supplementary Cardmember shall be credited to the Basic Cardmember’s Asia Miles membership account.
9. A Cardmember can only be credited once throughout the duration of the Promotion, regardless if the spend is over and beyond the minimum spend requirement or if Cardmember has more than one (1) approved Card. Once redeemed, cancellation of redemption is not allowed.
In case the Cardmember is found by BDO to have made more than one (1) redemption, submitted incomplete or invalid requirements, redeemed using fraudulent schemes, redeemed using charge slips used to redeem in other BDO promos, or cancels any or all of the qualifying purchases, BDO reserves the right to reverse the bonus Asia Miles credited.
10. Purchases must come from one (1) qualified Card. A Basic Credit Card account is treated separately from the Supplementary Credit Card account. Thus, Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers are not allowed to combine their charge slip/s for redemption of the bonus Asia Miles. The Basic or Supplementary Cardmember must provide and submit separate information of the charge slip/s that reflect their corresponding Card numbers.
11. This Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with other ongoing promotions of American Express, BDO Credit Cards, and Merchant Partners. Charge slip/s used to avail of any BDO Credit Card promotion may no longer be used to redeem the bonus Asia Miles in this Promotion, and vice versa.
12. The Cardmember’s Card should be active and in good credit standing at the time of redemption.
13. The Asia Miles earned in this promotion have no monetary value and are not convertible to cash.
14. In case of dispute pertaining to, but not limited to, the Cardmember's eligibility, coverage of dates, transaction qualification, fulfillment, etc., BDO's decision will prevail. All questions or disputes regarding the points credited to the Cardmember shall be raised within 60 days from crediting.
15. Terms and Conditions governing the issuance and use of American Express Card issued by BDO apply.
Redemption Process Upon Meeting the Spend Requirement:
1. Upon reaching the required spend, Cardmember must visit bit.ly/CXActivation2018 and must completely accomplish the Online Availment Form. (Note that incomplete information will not be processed. Adobe PDF Reader is required to view and edit the Online Availment Form.)
2. Cardmember must save the fully accomplished Availment Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Earn up to 30,000 Asia Miles with CX AMEX 2018” as email subject line. The Availment Form must be submitted within the registration period.
3. For declined redemptions, an SMS notification will be sent to the Cardmember to inform him/her of the status of validation. Thus, the Cardmember must ensure that the contact details provided in the redemption form is accurate. BDO will not be responsible for non-receipt of notification due to incorrect contact details.
4. For qualified Cardmembers, an SMS will be sent to their mobile number confirming qualification on the promo and the corresponding number of points to be credited to their registered Asia Miles account.
5. Earned bonus Asia Miles will be credited to Cardmembers' Asia Miles account on or before January 15, 2019.
6. Cancellation of a redemption is not allowed once the redemption has been processed. The redemption shall be deemed as permanent.
7. Transactions and its qualifying charge slips, if any, registered and submitted by the Cardmember in the Availment Form, and subsequently identified by BDO as qualified to meet the required spend will automatically be tagged as redeemed and can no longer be used to redeem any reward in any BDO Credit Card promotion.
Per DTI-FTEB Permit No. 9101, Series of 2018.