More Rewards American Express Card
Travel the World to Earn 5X rewards
Get 5X Membership Rewards Points or Asia Miles on all overseas, airline, cruise line and travel agency purchases from Jan. 1 to Feb. 28, 2019
1. Promotion is open to all new and existing Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers of American Express® Cards issued by BDO (except the American Express® Cashback Credit Card and the American Express® Corporate Cards)
- American Express Charge Cards
- Platinum Card®
- American Express® Gold Card
- American Express® Green Card
- American Express Credit Cards
- American Express® Platinum Credit Card
- American Express® Gold Credit Card
- American Express® Credit Card
- Blue from American Express
- BDO Dual Gold American Express® Card
- Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Cards
- Cathay Pacific American Express® Credit Card
- Cathay Pacific American Express® Elite Credit Card
2. Promotion period is from January 1, 2019 to February 28, 2019.
3. The following transactions* are qualified for the promotion (The Qualified Spend):
- All International/overseas purchases
- Airline purchases (Local, international, or online)
- Cruise line purchases (Local, international, or online)
- Travel agency purchases (Local, international, or online)
*BDO has the sole discretion to determine whether a transaction is classified as airline, cruise line and/or considered as travel agency. BDO is dependent on the Merchant Category Classifications assigned by the respective acquiring banks of each merchant establishment to be able to identify qualified transactions.
4. The following transactions are not qualified for the promotion:
a. Local/International cash advances made via ATM or over-the-counter
b. Any type of Bills Payment (Auto-charge, Charge-On-Demand, Utility/Recurring Bills, Loan Payments, etc.)
c. Purchases from Gasoline/Service Stations, Utilities – Gas, Electric, Water, etc.
d. Transactions from casino or from merchants engaged in gambling
e. Transactions from trading services/remittances
f. BDO internal Installment Programs such as Balance Transfer, EasyPay Cash and Cash-It-Easy
g. Business-related transactions
i. Transactions that were already used to redeem in another American Express and/or BDO Credit Card promotional offers
5. To join, both the Basic & Supplementary Cardmember/s must successfully register via BDO web registration within January 1, 2019 to March 3, 2019 (The Registration Period). The Basic Credit Card account is treated as separate from the Supplementary Credit Card account. Thus, each Cardmember is required to register to qualify for the promotion. Each Cardmember will also be allowed to earn the maximum Bonus Membership Rewards® Points or Asia Miles for this promotion.
To join, visit bit.ly/TW5XREG and fill out the following fields (invalid and incomplete registrations will not qualify):
- Full credit card number
- Cardmember name
- Mobile number
6. Qualified Cardmembers who use their American Express Cards overseas and for airline, cruise line and travel agency transactions during the promotion period will earn the following corresponding Membership Rewards® Points:
7. Qualified Cardmembers who use their Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Cards overseas and for airline, cruise line and travel agency transactions during the promotion period will earn the following corresponding Asia Miles:
8. Earning and crediting of Bonus Membership Rewards Points or Asia Miles:
a. A minimum of P350,000 total single or accumulated qualified spend within the promotion period is required to qualify for the offer. For accumulated purchases, a minimum single receipt purchase of P3,000 is required.
The Basic Credit Card account is treated as separate from the Supplementary Credit Card account. Thus, the Basic and Supplementary Cardmember/s are not allowed to combine their purchases to qualify for the promotion. (Please refer to item no. 5 for the example)
For Cardmembers enrolled in Dual Currency Feature, PHP and USD transactions will be combined. For USD transactions, an exchange rate of $1 = ₱53 or the prevailing exchange rate will be used. Minimum spend and maximum Membership Rewards Points or Asia Miles is based on total accumulated spend in both currencies.
b. A Cardmember can earn up to a maximum of 50,000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points or Asia Miles only for this promotion.
The total Bonus Membership Rewards Points or Asia Miles accumulated by the qualified Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers will be rounded down to 2 decimal places and will be credited to the Basic Cardmember’s account. (Please refer to item no. 5 for the example)
For Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Cards, the bonus Asia Miles earned from each transaction made through cathaypacific.com.ph will be rounded down to whole number and will be credited separately to Cardmember's registered Asia Miles account.
c. The Bonus Membership Rewards® Points or Asia Miles shall be credited to the Basic Cardmember’s account within sixty (60) days after the end of the Registration Period (“Crediting Period”). The Cardmember shall report any discrepancy within sixty (60) days after the Crediting Period, otherwise, it will not be accommodated.
d. The American Express Card Account must be active and of good credit standing with no past due obligation during the promotion period and at the time of crediting of the bonus Membership Rewards® Points or Asia Miles, otherwise, the Bonus Points or Miles earned shall be forfeited.
e. The Bonus Membership Rewards® Points or Asia Miles earned in this promotion have no monetary value and are not convertible to cash.
f. This Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers of American Express and BDO. Transactions used to avail of any BDO Credit Card promotion (including, but not limited to Membership Rewards Points/Asia Miles Multiplier, SM 3-Day Sale, BDO Treats Promotion, etc.) will no longer earn the bonus Membership Rewards Points or Asia Miles for this promotion.
9. BDO reserves the right to reverse the Bonus Membership Rewards® Points or Asia Miles previously credited to the Cardmember if the qualifying purchase or transaction is cancelled on a later date, is found to be invalid or fraudulent, is found to be used in conjunction with other BDO and American Express promotions, or if there was an error in the crediting of the Bonus Membership Rewards Points or Asia Miles.
10. In case of dispute, in respect of but not limited to the Cardmember’s eligibility, coverage of dates, transaction qualification, fulfillment, etc., BDO’s decision shall prevail. All questions or disputes regarding the Cardmember’s eligibility for the promotion shall be resolved by BDO.
11. The promotion is subject to the General Terms and Conditions governing: a) the issuance and use of American Express Card issued to the Cardmember; b) the Membership Rewards® Program; c) the Asia MilesTM Program.
Per DTI-FTEB Permit No. 16120 Series of 2018