Definition of Terms:
a. “Uber Ride” refers to any vehicle or service type currently offered on the Uber mobile app in the Philippines, which may include UberXL, UberX, UberBLACK and UberPOOL.
b. The discount only applies to the first two (2) Uber Rides completed by an Eligible Cardmember (as defined below) in the Philippines (“Eligible Rides”).
c. The maximum discount amount is capped at P150 per Eligible Ride (“Maximum Discount Per Ride”).
- The discount is available to all Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers of American Express issued by BDO, as listed below, who have never previously completed an Uber Ride (as defined above) in any country and who have registered his/her Eligible Card in the Uber mobile app and Uber's website at www.uber.com. The cards mentioned in the foregoing sentence shall be referred to as “Eligible Cards” and the holders of Eligible Cards shall be referred to as the “Eligible Cardmembers.”
- The discount is not available to holders of American Express Cards issued outside of the Philippines.
- The promotion period is from 12:00 a.m. on 23 May 2017 to 11:59 p.m. on 31 October 2017 (“Promotion Period”).
- Once entered into the Uber mobile app, the promotion code “AMEXPH” shall be valid for use from 12:00 a.m. on 23 May 2017 to 11:59 p.m. on 30 November 2017.
- The promotion code will only be valid on the Uber mobile app and Uber's website at www.uber.com. Promotion codes may not be supported on older versions of Uber's mobile apps.
- The promotion code will not be valid on any third party applications that may enable users to book Uber Rides in the Philippines.
- Unless otherwise stated, the discount for Uber Rides may not be used together with any other discount for Uber Rides that may be available in Philippines.
- In the event that the fare of an Eligible Ride is less than the Maximum Discount Per Ride, there will be no refund or carrying over of the unused amount.
- In the event that the fare of an Eligible Ride is more than the Maximum Discount Per Ride, the Eligible Cardmember shall bear the additional amount and pay with the Eligible Card that is registered in the Uber App, as the case may be.
- The discount will be deemed fully redeemed once an Eligible Ride has been completed.
- In the event of cancellation of an Eligible Ride, cancellation fees and/or other applicable charges may apply. The Eligible Ride may be deemed completed and the discount may be applied against such fees and/or charges.
- For cancellation policies, please refer to the Help section in the Uber mobile app.
- The discount for Uber Rides available to an Eligible Cardmember shall not be transferable to another user, or be redeemable for cash.
- Uber shall be responsible for the fulfilment of the offer and services offered by Uber to Eligible Cardmembers. BDO acts as a payment provider and shall be responsible for issues relative to the charges on the Eligible Cards.
- Uber's Terms and Conditions at www.uber.com/legal apply and should be read in conjunction with these terms and conditions.
- In the event of any inconsistency between the English language version of these terms and conditions and version(s) in other language(s), the English language version shall prevail.
Per DTI-FTEB Permit No. 7763, Series of 2017