Credit Card application requirements
When you submit a Card application you’ll be asked for the following:
- Personal information: including your name, NRIC or passport number and expiry date, email address, date of birth, and nationality.
- Contact details: including your phone number and current address.
- Financial information: including your annual personal income and any other household income, your employment status and employer contact details.
We want you to know how we collect, use, share, and keep information about you, as well as your choices when you request our products or services. Read the American Express® Singapore Online Privacy Statement here.
What is the Credit Card application process?
How do I apply for a Credit Card or a Charge Card?
Once you’ve chosen a Credit Card or Charge Card, read the Terms and Conditions, then click the ‘Apply now’ button on your chosen Card page to begin your application.
The Card application takes less than 10 minutes. You’ll be asked to input the personal and financial information outlined previously, after which you can review a summary to ensure all the information you’ve provided is correct before submitting your application.
When considering your application, we’ll ask a Credit reference agency to carry out a Credit assessment.
If you have any additional questions about the process or need further assistance, please contact our team on 1800 299 1997.
When you apply for a Credit Card or a Charge Card, your application will undergo a credit check which includes an evaluation of your credit history.
A credit check is the process we go through to ensure you’re able to meet the obligations of a Credit or Charge Card contract. We look at:
- Your ability to repay.
- Your financial responsibility.
- Your chance of defaulting (not paying back your debt).
- Your credit history.
Learn more about Credit Scores here.
Apply online with ease
- Step 1: Submit your Card application online and receive an instant decision within 60 seconds!
- Step 2: If your Card application has been conditionally approved, you will receive further instructions to upload the required supporting documents.
- Step 3: Once we have received and verified all required supporting documents, your Card will be approved and you will receive your Card in the next 5 to 7 business days.
Am I eligible for a Card?
To apply for a personal Credit Card or Charge Card in Singapore you need to meet certain eligibility criteria. To save time you can use the following checklist:
- I have an income that meets the minimum for the Card I am interested in.
Some of our Cards may have additional specific eligibility criteria and you will be asked to provide employment, income and bank account information in order to submit your application.
The process for a first-time Credit Card applicant is the same as if you’ve had one before. Follow the steps above, remembering to check your eligibility before you apply.
A Credit Card can be used to start building a credit history, which is the complete record of your borrowing and repayments. It helps lenders understand how reliable you are when it comes to repaying debt. As long as you pay your balance in full, you could boost your credit score by showing that you’re a responsible and trusted borrower.
Find out how to choose a Credit Card for the first time, by exploring our range of Cards.
We provide a range of Credit Cards and Charge Cards that offer various rewards and benefits. Whether you want to collect points, get Cashback, enjoy travel rewards or premium entertainment and lifestyle experiences, American Express has a Card for you.
When searching for a Card, you should take time to consider the fees and possible interest charges, as well as how much you can afford to repay each month.
Find a Card to suit your needs >