1. Membership Rewards points are earned for every full £1 spent on purchases and charged per transaction at the following rates: one point for every full £1 spent on purchases and charged per transaction, two additional points for every full £1 spent on purchases and charged per transaction on pre-paid hotels, flights, car hire and experiences at American Express Travel (excludes cruises and The Hotel Collection), one additional point for every full £1 spent on purchases and charged per transaction directly with airlines over the phone or online via their official website or affiliated mobile apps (only transactions made directly with the airline will be included for bonus Membership Rewards points, including but not limited to flights, car hire, package holidays and insurance. Bookings made with other travel agents, comparison sites and affiliates will not be included for bonusing) and one additional point for every equivalent £1 spent on your Card in a foreign currency. You may also be eligible for a Welcome bonus, something you will have been notified about at the time of your application. If eligible, you can find out more about your Welcome bonus by logging in to Online Services once you have registered, or by calling the number on the back of your Card. Supplementary Card applications are not eligible for Welcome Bonus offers. Membership Rewards points are not earned on interest, fees (including default fees), balance transfers, cash advances (including transactions treated as cash), loading of pre-paid Cards, American Express Travellers Cheque purchases or foreign exchange transactions; and any amounts that are subsequently re-credited to your Card Account by way of refunds. For full Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions, please visit membershiprewards.co.uk/terms
2. American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Cards issued after September 2011 are equipped with contactless technology. One traditional Chip & PIN transaction must be completed on your new Card once you have activated it before you can make contactless payments. Contactless payments are possible at retailers with American Express contactless technology. Participating stores only. Please check in-store for details. For purchases of up to £45* at stores accepting American Express contactless. Some retailers may still only accept up to the previous £30 limit, whilst others may choose to allow purchases of greater than £45* specifically on Apple Pay transactions. For more information visit americanexpress.co.uk/contactless
*Contactless payment limits subject to retailers, effective 1st April 2020. Please check in-store for more details.
3. 16. Minimum Android version 4.1 for Android app. Amex Pay is a feature of the American Express App that allows you to make purchases using an eligible American Express Card with a compatible Android device. Your Cardmember Agreement governs the use of your card in Amex Pay. Your current Card does not need to be contactless in order to use Amex Pay. In order to use Amex Pay, you will need an Android device running KitKat 4.4 or above, with NFC enabled. Amex Pay may not always be available, for example due to service interruptions or merchants using obsolete terminals. You should always carry your plastic Card in case. Amex is not liable for any loss or damage you suffer if you are unable to use Amex Pay at any time. With Amex Pay, you can spend up to £30 at stores accepting American Express contactless. Some retailers may still only accept up to the previous £20 limit, whilst others may choose to allow purchases of greater than £30 specifically on mobile contactless transactions. Please check in-store for details. If you register your Card in Amex Pay, you must keep your device and security credentials safe and secure at all times – in the same way you would your actual Card or PIN. Never share your device security credentials or allow another person to register their fingerprint to your device, as that person will be able to make payments using your Card. If you do allow someone access, you will be responsible for their use of your Card. You must always use the device lock feature on your mobile device. For more information about safety and security visit the Amex Pay FAQs here.
Call us immediately using the number on the back of your Card if your device has been lost, stolen or compromised in any way. We can suspend or remove your Card from Amex Pay to prevent further unauthorised use.
4. Your current Card does not need to be contactless in order to use Apple Pay. Minimum iOS version 9.2 required, available for eligible iPhones and iPads. For a full list of eligible devices, please visit the Apple website
5. For more information and to view Terms and Conditions, please read our Safekey FAQs
6. If you are eligible to participate in the Referral Programme, you may refer as many friends or family members as you wish but there are annual limits on the rewards you can earn through referrals. You can earn up to a maximum of 90,000 bonus Membership Rewards points per calendar for those approved for a Card. Please only refer friends and family who are happy to receive information from American Express. Your friend must apply via the link you share with them to ensure you both receive your bonus. If your friend has already applied for the Preferred Rewards Gold Card without using this referral, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus. All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if your friend currently holds or has held any other American Express® Charge Cards in the past 24 months. Your Card Account’s eligibility to participate in the Referral Programme is based on your overall credit rating and other factors including your Account history with American Express.
7. 10,000 Membership Rewards points will be awarded to your Account after Card renewal if you have made purchases of at least £15,000 within the 12-month period ending on the anniversary of your Preferred Rewards Gold Cardmembership. Should you qualify in any given year, the 10,000 Membership Rewards points will be awarded to your Account within 60 days after your Card renewal. The following charges are not valid charges for the purpose of calculating your spend accrual towards this bonus in a given year: interest, fees (including default fees), balance transfers, cash advances (including transactions treated as cash), loading of pre-paid Cards, American Express Travellers Cheque purchases or foreign exchange transactions; and any amounts that are subsequently re-credited to your Card Account by way of refunds. For full Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions, please visit membershiprewards.co.uk/terms.
9. Examples are representative of redeeming Membership Rewards points. Rewards displayed are correct as of 14 December 2017 and are subject to change. All rewards are subject to availability. For more information on how to redeem your points and Terms and Conditions please refer to membershiprewards.co.uk.
10. In order to fulfil your membership with Priority PassTM, American Express Services Europe Limited needs to share the information you have provided with Priority PassTM. We will also share your date of birth with Priority Pass for ongoing identification and Account validation purposes. To find out more on how American Express uses your information please click here. Priority Pass will use the information solely for the purpose of providing their services, and will not share it with any third parties. You can find more details on Priority Pass’s complete privacy notice at https://prioritypass.com/en/privacy-notice.
You will be entitled to two complimentary lounges visits each year you hold a valid Preferred Rewards Gold Card. These may be used by the primary Cardmember, or by the primary Cardmember and one guest. Once you have been approved for your American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card, please allow up to 28 working days for your Priority Pass™ card to arrive in the post. In order to access Priority Pass lounges, the Cardmember must present a valid Priority Pass membership in his or her name, along with the boarding pass for same-day travel and government-issued ID. Subsequent years’ renewal Terms and Conditions are at the discretion of Priority Pass. For complete conditions of use visit prioritypass.com. Access to the Priority Pass lounges may be subject to availability or wait times. Please read the Priority Pass conditions of use for more information. You will agree to abide by the conditions of use as contained in the lounge listing. You also agree that lounges may charge lounge usage fees at the prevailing rate, and to your American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card, for any lounge visits that exceed the two complimentary lounge visits per membership year. The lounge usage fees charged are at the discretion of Priority Pass and any changes to the lounge access fee will be advised by them.
11. Valid for new bookings with participating providers of at least two consecutive nights made online through americanexpress.co.uk/travel or with The Hotel Collection Booking site. Payment must be made in full with an American Express Card in the Preferred Rewards Gold Cardmember’s name. This benefit is for Preferred Rewards Cardmembers only. The Gold Cardmember must travel on the itinerary booked. The Cardmember will receive the credit as a deduction from the final hotel bill when checking out of the hotel; they will receive $1 for each eligible dollar spent up to $100 USD. Eligible charges exclude charges for taxes, gratuities, fees and cost of room. Additional exclusions based on specific hotel restrictions may also apply (including without limitation purchases within the hotel that are unaffiliated and/or owned by third parties) - see hotel front desk for details. Credit must be used in conjunction with initial stay and cannot be carried over to another stay, is not redeemable for cash and expires at check-out. Credit is non-exchangeable and non-refundable and is applied in USD or equivalent in local currency based on exchange rate on day of arrival. Limit one credit per room, per stay. Room upgrade is based on availability and eligibility atcheck-in. Three-room limit per Cardmember per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. Participating providers and benefits subject to change. Benefits are not awarded for stays less than 2 nights. Bookings for participating hotels at The Hotel Collection made online at americanexpress.co.uk/travel will not earn 2 additional Membership Rewards points for every £1 spent, but will be earned at the normal rate of 1 point for every £1 spent. Payment must be made with American Express Card only, Cardmembers are not able to pay with Membership Rewards points for bookings made with The Hotel Collection.
12. Hertz Gold Plus Rewards enrolment is required to access the benefits, please enrol at Hertz.com/AmexBenefits 10% off Hertz's publicly available retail car rental rates excludes Special Offers, and is offered at time of booking at participating Hertz locations worldwide. One-car-class upgrade applies to standard vehicles only, on rentals of five consecutive days or more, and is subject to availability. Fee-Waived Additional Driver, must be requested at rental location prior to collection and is subject to meeting Hertz's driving requirements. In all cases, a valid Preferred Rewards Gold Card must be registered as the form of payment in your Gold Plus Reward membership profile. Benefits are only available for new reservations and Terms Apply - visit the website for full Terms and Conditions Hertz.com/AmexBenefits Reservations can be made via americanexpress.co.uk/travel, hertz.com, Hertz.com/AmexBenefits or through Hertzworldwide telephone reservations when the member’s Preferred Rewards Gold Card benefits-enabled Gold Plus Rewards membership number is entered prior to completion of the booking.
13. Products that are booked on the American Express Travel UK website americanexpress.co.uk/travel, which are not prepaid, but are paid directly to the supplier (i.e. The Hotel Collection properties) are not eligible to earn the additional Membership Rewards points. When paying with a combination of your American Express Card and Membership Rewards points, only the value applied to the Card is eligible to earn Membership Rewards points. Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions apply when booking on American Express Travel UK americanexpress.co.uk/travel. Please visit the Membership Rewards website to view the full Terms and Conditions at membershiprewards.co.uk/terms or call +44 0800 917 8053 to request a copy. Please allow up to 10 weeks for Membership Rewards points to be credited to your account. To earn or exchange Membership Rewards points, Cards must be registered to the American Express Membership Rewards programme, and be active and current in their payments. Bookings are subject to the full American Express Travel Terms and Conditions. To view these please visit americanexpress.co.uk/termsandconditions.
14. Tickets are limited and subject to availability. Tickets must be purchased using your American Express Card. Please note that American Express Invites refers to the name of the American Express programme rather than a description of ticket type. For full Terms and Conditions, visit americanexpress.co.uk/invites.
15. This offer is open to American Express Cardmembers only. Cardmembers must have a valid American Express card and show ticket for the same night as entry to the lounge. Any Cardmember is entitled to bring up to three guests, all guests must have valid event tickets. Lounge access is given on a first come first serve basis and access may not be granted if the lounge is at full capacity. For any lounge related queries please contact Loungesupport@themarcocorporation.com. Entry will not be granted without a valid show ticket.
16. Offer Terms and Conditions apply. Please see individual offers for details.
17. Please read the Insurance Documentation for full details of the Protection benefits currently available and to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply.
18. Subject to application and approval. Supplementary Cards are issued under and subject to the Terms and Conditions of your existing Cardmember Agreement, and as the main Cardmember, you will be responsible for paying all charges on any Supplementary Cards which are added to your Account. Supplementary Cardmembers must be aged 18 or over. As part of the fee, main account holders receive 1 Supplementary Card for free. Thereafter, £45 if you are on an annual fee or £4 per month if a monthly fee is applied to your Card.”
American Express Services Europe Limited has its registered office at Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom. It is registered in England and Wales with Company Number 1833139 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Copyright© 2019. American Express Company. All Rights Reserved.