Explore your American Express® Card benefits
Explore everything your Card has to offer, from dining and entertainment benefits, to shopping and travelling with points.
Have you activated your card yet? Start your journey today by activating below.
1. Where your account is enrolled in the Membership Rewards programme, points are earned for every full £1 spent on purchases and charged per transaction at the following rates: one point for every full £1 spent on purchases and charged per transaction and one additional point for every full £1 spent on purchases and charged per transaction on pre-paid hotels, flights, car hire and experiences at American Express Travel (excludes cruises and The Hotel Collection). Products that are booked on americanexpress.co.uk/travel which are not prepaid, but are paid directly to the supplier, are not eligible to earn the additional Membership Rewards points. When paying by your American Express Card in combination with Membership Rewards points, only the value applied to the Card is eligible to earn Membership Rewards points. Membership Rewards points are not earned on interest, fees (including default fees), balance transfers, cash advances (including transactions treated as cash), loading of pre-paid Cards, American Express Travellers Cheque purchases or foreign exchange transactions; and any amounts that are subsequently re-credited to your Card Account by way of refunds or other types of credits. For full Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions, please click here.
2. American Express Cards are equipped with contactless technology. One traditional Chip & PIN transaction must be completed on your new Card once you have activated it before you can make contactless payments. Contactless payments are possible at retailers with American Express contactless technology. Participating stores only. Please check in-store for details. For purchases of up to £100 at stores accepting American Express contactless. For more information visit americanexpress.co.uk/contactless.
4. Your current Card does not need to be contactless in order to use Apple Pay. Minimum iOS version 9.2 required, available for eligible iPhones and iPads. For a full list of eligible devices, please visit the Apple website.
5. For more information and to view Terms and Conditions, please read our SafeKey FAQs
6. Tickets are limited and subject to availability. Tickets must be purchased using your American Express Card. Please note that American Express Invites refers to the name of the American Express programme rather than a description of ticket type. For full Terms and Conditions, visit americanexpress.co.uk/invites.
7. Offer Terms and Conditions apply. Please see individual offers for details.
8. Products that are booked on the American Express Travel UK website, which are not prepaid, but are paid directly to the supplier are not eligible to earn the additional Membership Rewards points. When paying with a combination of your American Express Card and Membership Rewards points, only the value applied to the Card is eligible to earn Membership Rewards points. Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions apply when booking on American Express Travel UK . Please click here to view the full Terms and Conditions at or call +44 0800 917 8053 to request a copy. Please allow up to 10 weeks for Membership Rewards points to be credited to your account. To earn or exchange Membership Rewards points, Cards must be registered to the American Express Membership Rewards programme, and be active and current in their payments. Bookings are subject to the full American Express Travel Terms and Conditions. To view these please click here.
9. You may refer as many friends or family members as you wish and you will receive up to 90,000 Membership Rewards points per calendar year for those approved for a Card. You will receive 5,000 points if your friend applies and is approved for an American Express Card within the referral programme. Your friend will receive rewards depending on the Card they choose and their spend on this Card. Applicants must be UK residents aged 18 years old or over and are subject to approval. Your friend must apply via the link you share with them to ensure you both receive this bonus. If your friend has already applied for The American Express Card without using this referral, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus. All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if your friend currently holds or has held any other American Express Charge Cards in the past six months.
10. Please read the Insurance Documentation for full details of the Protection benefits currently available and to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply.
11. Subject to application and approval. Supplementary Cards are issued under and subject to the Terms and Conditions of your existing Cardmember Agreement, and as the main Cardmember, you will be responsible for paying all charges on any Supplementary Cards which are added to your Account. Supplementary Cardmembers must be aged 18 or over. As part of the annual fee, main Account holders receive two complimentary Supplementary Cards. Thereafter, a £17.50 charge is applied per Card.
American Express Services Europe Limited has its registered office at Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom. It is registered in England and Wales with Company Number 1833139 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Copyright© 2022. American Express Company. All Rights Reserved.