1. Membership Rewards points are earned for every full £1 spent on purchases and charged per transaction at the following rates: one point for every full £1 spent on purchases and charged per transaction and one additional point for every full £1 spent on purchases and charged per transaction on pre-paid hotels, flights, car hire and experiences at American Express Travel (excludes cruises and The Hotel Collection). Products that are booked on the American Express Travel UK website americanexpress.co.uk/travel which are not prepaid, but are paid directly to the supplier, are not eligible to earn the additional Membership Rewards points. When paying by your American Express Card in combination with Membership Rewards points, only the value applied to the Card is eligible to earn Membership Rewards points. Membership Rewards points are not earned on interest, fees (including default fees), balance transfers, cash advances (including transactions treated as cash), loading of pre-paid Cards, American Express Travellers Cheque purchases or foreign exchange transactions; and any amounts that are subsequently re-credited to your Card Account by way of refunds or other types of credits. For full Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions, please visit membershiprewards.co.uk/terms
2. American Express Cards issued after September 2011 are equipped with contactless technology. One traditional Chip & PIN transaction must be completed on your new Card once you have activated it before you can make contactless payments. Contactless payments are possible at retailers with American Express contactless technology. Participating stores only. Please check in-store for details. For purchases of up to £30 at stores accepting American Express contactless. Some retailers may still only accept up to the previous £20 limit, whilst others may choose to allow purchases of greater than £30 specifically on Apple Pay transactions. For more information visit americanexpress.co.uk/contactless
3. Minimum Android version 4.1 for Android app. Amex Pay is a feature of the American Express App that allows you to make purchases using an eligible American Express Card with a compatible Android device. Your Cardmember Agreement governs the use of your card in Amex Pay. Your current Card does not need to be contactless in order to use Amex Pay. In order to use Amex Pay, you will need an Android device running KitKat 4.4 or above, with NFC enabled. Amex Pay may not always be available, for example due to service interruptions or merchants using obsolete terminals. You should always carry your plastic Card in case. Amex is not liable for any loss or damage you suffer if you are unable to use Amex Pay at any time. With Amex Pay, you can spend up to £30 at stores accepting American Express contactless. Some retailers may still only accept up to the previous £20 limit, whilst others may choose to allow purchases of greater than £30 specifically on mobile contactless transactions. Please check in-store for details. If you register your Card in Amex Pay, you must keep your device and security credentials safe and secure at all times – in the same way you would your actual Card or PIN. Never share your device security credentials or allow another person to register their fingerprint to your device, as that person will be able to make payments using your Card. If you do allow someone access, you will be responsible for their use of your Card. You must always use the device lock feature on your mobile device. For more information about safety and security visit the Amex Pay FAQs here.
Call us immediately using the number on the back of your Card if your device has been lost, stolen or compromised in any way. We can suspend or remove your Card from Amex Pay to prevent further unauthorised use.
4. Your current Card does not need to be contactless in order to use Apple Pay. Minimum iOS version 9.2 required, available for eligible iPhones and iPads. For a full list of eligible devices, please visit the Apple website
5. For more information and to view Terms and Conditions, please read our SafeKey FAQs
6. Tickets are limited and subject to availability. Tickets must be purchased using your American Express Card. Please note that American Express Invites refers to the name of the American Express programme rather than a description of ticket type. For full Terms and Conditions, visit americanexpress.co.uk/invites
7. This offer is open to American Express Cardmembers only. Cardmembers must have a valid American Express card and show ticket for the same night as entry to the lounge. Any Cardmember is entitled to bring up to three guests, all guests must have valid event tickets. Lounge access is given on a first come first serve basis and access may not be granted if the lounge is at full capacity. For any lounge related queries please contact Loungesupport@themarcocorporation.com. Entry will not be granted without a valid show ticket.
8. American Express Invites benefits will be open for all American Express Cardmembers to use on an ongoing basis, unless otherwise noted, subject to Terms and Conditions. Benefit only redeemable when paid for with an American Express Card. Age restrictions apply to the consumption of alcohol in the restaurant. For full Terms and Conditions, please visit amexdiningprogram.com
9. Offer Terms and Conditions apply. Please see individual offers for details.
10. Products that are booked on the American Express Travel UK website americanexpress.co.uk/travel, which are not prepaid, but are paid directly to the supplier are not eligible to earn the additional Membership Rewards points. When paying with a combination of your American Express Card and Membership Rewards points, only the value applied to the Card is eligible to earn Membership Rewards points. Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions apply when booking on American Express Travel UK americanexpress.co.uk/travel. Please visit the Membership Rewards website to view the full Terms and Conditions at membershiprewards.co.uk/terms or call +44 0800 917 8053 to request a copy. Please allow up to 10 weeks for Membership Rewards points to be credited to your account. To earn or exchange Membership Rewards points, Cards must be registered to the American Express Membership Rewards programme, and be active and current in their payments. Bookings are subject to the full American Express Travel Terms and Conditions. To view these please visit americanexpress.co.uk/termsandconditions
11. You may refer as many friends or family members as you wish and you will receive up to 90,000 Membership Rewards points per calendar year for those approved for a Card. You will receive 5,000 points if your friend applies and is approved for an American Express Card within the referral programme. Your friend will receive rewards depending on the Card they choose and their spend on this Card. Applicants must be UK residents aged 18 years old or over and are subject to approval. Your friend must apply via the link you share with them to ensure you both receive this bonus. If your friend has already applied for The American Express Card without using this referral, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus. All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if your friend currently holds or has held any other American Express Charge Cards in the past six months.
12. Examples are representative of redeeming Membership Rewards points. Rewards displayed are correct as of 14 December 2017 and are subject to change. All rewards are subject to availability. For more information on how to redeem your points and Terms and Conditions please refer to membershiprewards.co.uk
13. Please read the Insurance Documentation for full details of the Protection benefits currently available and to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply.
14. Subject to application and approval. Supplementary Cards are issued under and subject to the Terms and Conditions of your existing Cardmember Agreement, and as the main Cardmember, you will be responsible for paying all charges on any Supplementary Cards which are added to your Account. Supplementary Cardmembers must be aged 18 or over. As part of the annual fee, main Account holders receive two complimentary Supplementary Cards. Thereafter, a £17.50 charge is applied per Card.
American Express adheres to The Standards of Lending Practice which are monitored and enforced by the LSB: www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk
The Statement of Lender and Borrower Responsibilities details the fundamental responsibilities and obligations we have to our Cardmembers and outlines what we expect of you in return. The Statement of Lender and Borrower Responsibilities can be viewed at www.americanexpress.com/uk/disclosure
American Express Services Europe Limited has its registered office at Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom. It is registered in England and Wales with Company Number 1833139 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Copyright© 2019. American Express Company. All Rights Reserved.