No pre-set spending limit
The amount you can spend at any one time is based on what you've spent in the past, your repayment history with us, your credit history, and your financial resources. The more you’re able to tell us, the more flexible we can be on your payment terms, which means we may be able to defer your monthly payment by as many as 36 days.
Cash almost anywhere
Cash access is subject to enrolment and application. Charges apply. Please call the number on the back of your Card for more information.
In addition to the usual Chip and PIN, your Card contains contactless technology, making it quicker and easier to purchase items worth £30 or less. Please check in-store for details.
American Express SafeKey®
Help prevent unauthorized online use of your American Express Card by confirming your identity with a dynamic One-Time Code (OTC) and/or your three-digit Card Security Code (3CSC) to complete your transaction with a participating online merchant. In some instances, SafeKey may be able to authenticate your transaction without any action required on your part. It's easy to use, there's no additional cost, and enjoy peace of mind with improved verification.
Pay your balance
- With Direct Debit by completing and returning form A at the back of your Welcome pack
- Online by using your debit card at americanexpress.co.uk
- By phone by calling 0800 917 8054
- At your bank.
Sharing your benefits
You can apply for up to five Supplementary Cards at no extra cost, which are linked to your Account, so your family and friends can share the benefits.
- One Supplementary Card can be a Platinum Card. You can also ask for a second Platinum Card (an Additional Card) for yourself, to separate your expenses
- The other four can be Gold or Green Cards, all complimentary
- Additional Supplementary Platinum Cards can be obtained for an additional fee of £170.
The Main Cardmember will be responsible for any spending on the Account made by their Supplementary Cardmembers.