Terms and Conditions
Read Card Terms & Conditions
Read Insurance Terms & Conditions
1. Cashflow. The full 54 days to pay is obtained only if you spend on the first day of the new statement period and repay the balance in full on the due date.
2. Dedicated Account Managers. Benefit is access to the services of American Express’s Business Account Management Team. New Cardmembers will be contacted via telephone by one of the team within approximately 30 days of Account activation. Benefit is provided via telephone to the primary cardholder only and is not accessible to supplementary cardholders. Benefit includes commercial servicing only. Card services, travel services and concierge services are not provided by the Business Account Management Team and should be accessed separately via MYCA, online at americanexpress.com/uk/welcomeplatinum or via our dedicated servicing team on 0800 032 7106. Benefit subject to change.
3. Supplementary Cards. Subject to approval and that the primary Cardmember is responsible for spend on the Card. You are entitled to apply for one complimentary Supplementary Platinum Business Charge Card, and up to 98 complimentary Gold Supplementary Cards. Additional Platinum Supplementary Cards beyond this will each carry a fee of £295. If you want to cancel a supplementary cardmember’s right to use your account you must tell us.
4. Membership Rewards. Membership Rewards points are not earned on balance transfers, cash advances, American Express travellers cheque purchases, foreign exchange, fees and interest charges for returned payments, financecharges, late payment and referral charges, fees/charges including joining, annual and Membership Rewards fees. Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions apply to all Membership Rewards points redemptions. If you miss a monthly payment on your Card Account, the Points that you have earned in the previous month will be forfeited and taken away from the balance of your Points Account. Visit membershiprewards.co.uk/terms.
5. The Times and The Sunday Times digital subscription. Benefit is an annual digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times. Benefit is available in digital form only and is not available as a paper subscription. You must enrol to access benefit. American Express reserves the right to instruct The Times and The Sunday Times to cancel your benefit if you cease to be a Platinum Cardmember. Benefit is subject to the Terms and Conditions of The Times and The Sunday Times which are available at www.thetimes.co.uk/static/terms-and-conditions/. Benefit subject to change. Please visit americanexpress.co.uk/welcomeplatinum for full Terms and Conditions.
6. Purchase and Refund Protection. Description of Platinum insurance coverages are provided in this document for informational purposes only. The Terms and Conditions provide complete coverage information and supersede all other sources. For the full list of Terms and Conditions, please go to americanexpress.co.uk/welcomeplatinum. Subject to enrolment.
7. Worldwide travel insurance. Terms and Conditions apply. Full details of the travel protection benefits currently available can be found in the Terms and Conditions at americanexpress.com/uk/terms. Please read this to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply including the definition of immediate family. Medical Assistance and Expenses cover does not apply if 80 years of age or above. The insurance excludes cover for pre-existing medical conditions. Subject to enrolment. Please read this to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply including the definition of immediate family. Worldwide Travel Insurance provides cover for the main Cardmember, their partner or spouse living at the same address and dependent children under the age of 25, plus Supplementary Cardmembers, whether travelling together or travelling alone on business and leisure trips of up to 120 days. Medical Assistance and Expenses cover does not apply if 80 years of age or above. The insurance excludes cover for pre-existing medical conditions.
8. Global Lounge Collection®. For full Terms and Conditions for Global Lounge Collection®, please visit americanexpress.co.uk/welcomeplatinum
9. American Express® Lounges. Platinum Cardmembers have unlimited complimentary access to American Express Lounge locations. Guest access policies vary by location and are subject to change. To access American Express Lounges, the Platinum Cardmember must present the agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card and upon request, same-day airline ticket on any carrier and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. Platinum Cardmembers will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates or policies. American Express reserves the right to remove any person from a lounge for inappropriate behaviour or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability. Amenities, services and hours of operation may vary among locations and are subject to change. Platinum Cardmember must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Platinum Cardmember must be 21 years of age to enter a lounge with a self-service bar, unless you are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. American Express will not be liable for any articles lost or stolen or damages suffered by the purchaser or visitor inside American Express Lounges. Use of American Express Lounges is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Express. American Express reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice. American Express lounges are available in Argentina, Australia, India, Mexico and USA. To enjoy Priority Pass lounges, please enrol to receive this benefit. Present your Platinum Card at our lounges located at airports in Argentina, Australia, India, Mexico and USA. In India locations: Cardmember and up to one complimentary guest allowed and any additional guests will be charged INR750 per person. In Mexico locations: Cardmember and up to eight guests may enter the lounge at no cost. In Argentina: Cardmember may bring up to one guest at no cost. In US locations: Cardmember plus up to two complimentary guests or immediate family – spouse or domestic partner, and children under 18.
10. Priority Pass™. In order to provide this service, American Express Services Europe Limited needs to share the information you have provided with Priority Pass™. We will also share your date of birth with Priority Pass™ for ongoing identification and account validation purposes. Priority Pass™ will use the information solely for the purpose of providing their services, and will not share it with any third parties. These conditions are also available in full at prioritypass.com. If you wish to opt out of the Priority Pass™ benefit, please call your Platinum Travel service. Once we have completed your lounge access enrolment, Priority Pass™ will send you and any Platinum Supplementary Cardmember Priority Pass™ cards that will provide complimentary access to a network of over 850 airport VIP lounges globally. A Priority Pass™ Welcome Pack for each Cardmember will be sent out separately and should be received within 28 days of Card approval. In order to access Priority Pass™ lounges, the Cardmember must present a valid Priority Pass™ membership in his or her name, along with the boarding pass for same-day travel and government-issued ID. The main Cardmember and the Platinum Supplementary Cardmember may bring up to one guest into the lounge at no cost. Any additional guests will be charged a fee at the prevailing rate – currently £20 per person, per visit, to his or her American Express Platinum Card. Subsequent years’ renewal Terms and Conditions are at the discretion of Priority Pass™. For complete conditions of use visit prioritypass.com. He or she agrees to abide by the conditions of use as contained in the lounge listing.
11. Delta Sky Club® lounges. Enjoy complimentary access to the airline lounges of Delta Sky Club® for you and your Platinum Supplementary Cardmember, at participating airport clubs. Cardmembers may purchase guest passes for companions based on Delta Sky Club Rules. The Platinum Cardmember must be travelling. The name on the ticket must match the name on the Platinum Card. The Platinum Cardmember must be 18 where there is no self-service bar. The Platinum Cardmember must be 21 years of age to enter into all Airport Club Lounges where there is a self-service bar. Local age restrictions apply in non-U.S. locations. The Platinum Cardmember must present his or her valid Platinum Card, government-issued I.D., and same day airline ticket to club agents. Complimentary access is specifically for the airport club that corresponds to the airline operating the flight (access pertains to the aircraft, not the flight number). Meeting rooms may be reserved for a nominal fee. Cardmembers must adhere to all house rules of participating clubs. Platinum Cardmembers may purchase non-refundable, one-use Sky Club passes in the lounge for a reduced fee subject to Delta’s access policy, provided that they use their Platinum Card. For the most up to date information about guest fees and lounge access, including what a lounge visit includes, visit delta.com/skyclub.
12. Plaza Premium lounges. This benefit is available to Platinum Cardmembers. Cardmembers receive complimentary access to any global location of Plaza Premium Lounges. Cardmember must present his or her valid Card, a confirmed boarding pass for same-day travel on any carrier and
government-issued I.D. In some cases, Cardmember must be 21 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Cardmembers may bring 1 companion into Plaza Premium Lounges as complimentary guests. Cardmember must adhere to all house rules of participating lounges. Cardmembers and his or her guests will receive all of the complimentary benefits and amenities afforded to the Plaza Premium Lounge customers, as well as access to purchase non-complimentary items. Some product features may be subject to additional charges. Plaza Premium Lounge locations are subject to change.
13. American Express Travel Online. Cardmembers enrolled in the American Express Membership Rewards programme will earn one additional Membership Rewards point for every £1 spent on eligible prepaid flights, hotels, car hire and experiences on americanexpress.co.uk/travel. This excludes Fine Hotels & Resorts, The Hotel Collection and cruise bookings. Products that are booked on the American Express Travel website (americanexpress.co.uk/travel), which are not prepaid but are paid directly to the supplier, are not eligible to earn the additional Membership Rewards points. When paying with a combination of your American Express Card and Membership Rewards points, only the value applied to the Card is eligible to earn Membership Rewards points. Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions apply when booking with American Express Travel. Please visit membershiprewards.co.uk to view the full Terms and Conditions or call 0800 917 8053 to request a copy. Please allow up to 10 weeks for Membership Rewards points to be credited to your Account. To earn or exchange Membership Rewards points, Cards must be registered to the American Express Membership Rewards programme, and be active and current in their payments.
14. Hertz Gold Plus Rewards. Hertz Gold Plus Rewards enrolment is required to enjoy all benefits. Benefits vary by market and location of rental and may be subject to availability. Visit hertz.com/rentacar/emember/rewards-overview/loyalty-free-travel-program for full Terms and Conditions. American Express Terms and Conditions apply. American Express reserves the right to instruct Hertz to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Cardmember or your Account is not in good standing.
15. Avis Preferred. Enrolment in the Avis Preferred programme is required to receive benefits, and enrolment is only applicable via the enrolment process at avispreferred.eu. Benefits are subject to change. All Avis Preferred Terms and Conditions apply. Visit avispreferred.eu to view partner Terms and Conditions. American Express Terms and Conditions apply. American Express reserves the right to instruct Avis to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Cardmember or your Account is not in good standing.
16. Fine Hotels & Resorts. Average value based on Fine Hotels & Resorts bookings in 2017 for stays of two nights. Benefits include daily breakfast for two, room upgrade when available, US$100 amenity, guaranteed 4pm late check-out, noon check-in when available, and complimentary Wi-Fi. Room
upgrade not guaranteed; certain room categories not eligible for upgrade. US$100 amenity varies by property. Actual value will vary based on property, room rate, upgrade availability, and use of benefits. Certain room categories are not eligible for upgrade. Special amenities vary by property. Available for Platinum Charge Cardmembers and excludes Platinum Credit Cardmembers who are not also Platinum Charge Cardmembers. Cardmember must travel on itinerarybooked to be eligible for benefits described. Noon check-in and room upgrade are based on availability and are provided at check-in. Breakfast amenity varies by property, but will be, at a minimum, a continental breakfast. Complimentary In-Room Wi-Fi is provided, with the exception of Explora Patagonia where In-Room Wi-Fi is not available. In this instance, complimentary Wi-Fi will be provided in a common space on property. In the case where a Property includes cost of Wi-Fi in a mandatory resort fee, the Cardmember will receive a daily credit from the Property in the standard amount that the Property charges for Wi-Fi. The credit will be issued on the Cardmember’s final statement upon check-out. Benefit restrictions vary by Fine Hotels & Resorts property and cannot be redeemed for cash, and may not be combined with other offers unless indicated. Advance reservations are recommended for services such as spa, dining or golf in order to take advantage of the Fine Hotels & Resorts special amenity during your stay. Benefits are only applied at check-out and expire at check-out. Limit one benefit package per room, per stay. Three-room limit per Cardmember, per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. Participating Fine Hotels & Resorts properties and benefits are subject to change.
17. onefinestay. Benefit amount is £150. Benefit available only for main UK Business Platinum Cardmembers (“Eligible Cardmembers”). Eligible Cardmembers do not include Supplementary Cardmembers. Eligible Cardmembers must enrol in advance to register for the Benefit. Benefit will not apply if a reservation is made before Cardmember has enrolled into the benefit. Benefit will be applied to Cardmember’s Account in the form of a statement credit. Credit available once per account per stay and is applicable to reservations of a minimum one night’s stay. Eligible Cardmember must travel on the reservation and at the time of reservation, payment must be made with an UK Business Platinum Card in the Eligible Cardmember’s name. Credit will generally be credited to Cardmembers’ Account within 5 business days of completing reservation – however this can take up to 90 days. Credit may be reversed if reservation is cancelled. Valid for reservations made between 25 June 2019 up to and including 31 May 2021, for travel starting from 25 June 2019 and completed by, and including, 31 May 2022. Credit valid only for reservations made through Platinum Concierge service or direct with onefinestay. Please visit americanexpress.co.uk/welcomeplatinum for full Terms and Conditions.
18. Hotel loyalty programmes. Enrolment is required to receive programme benefits. Individual benefits vary by partner and are subject to availability. Please refer to each hotel loyalty partner’s Terms and Conditions. American Express reserves the right to instruct Hotel Partners to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Cardmember or your Account is not in good standing. Benefits are subject to availability. Call Platinum Concierge for details of each partner’s Terms and Conditions.
19. Hilton. As a Platinum Cardmember you are eligible to enrol in complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status. Offer available only to Platinum Cardmembers and is not transferable. Full details of Gold status can be found at HiltonHonors.com/MemberBenefits and is subject to
subject to Hilton Honors Terms and Conditions. All Hampton by Hilton™ hotels in the Republic of China are excluded from the Hilton Honors program. Visit HiltonHonors.com/Terms for more details. Effective 2 April 2018, the Earnings Style Options program, including Points and Points and Points and Miles, is no longer a valid feature of Hilton Honors. Any claims relating to the earning of Points and/or Miles under the Earnings Style Option program after 2 April 2018 are void. Eligibility for all on-property Hilton Honors benefits subject to full Hilton Honors Terms and Conditions. Only at select hotel brands: Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts™, Canopy by Hilton™, Curio Collection by Hilton™, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™, and Tapestry Collection by Hilton™. Base Points are earned from the Hilton Honors Program when you stay at hotels and resorts within the Hilton Portfolio. Bonus Points do not qualify for the 80% bonus. For you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay. Breakfast is only served in the hotel’s designated restaurant or Executive Floor Lounge. In limited hotels, the hotel may provide you with full
breakfast or in-room service. Only at select hotel brands: Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts™, Curio Collection by Hilton™, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Tapestry Collection by Hilton™ and Hilton Garden Inn™. 5th Reward Night Free on Standard
Room reward stays of 5 nights or more. Free night value based on the average nightly value of the stay, up to 4 free nights on a stay of 20 consecutive nights within the same stay. Subject to Hilton Honors program Terms and Conditions. Wi-Fi may not be complimentary in meeting spaces or at properties with a resort charge. Only at select hotel brands: Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts™, Curio Collection by Hilton™, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Tapestry Collection by Hilton™, Embassy Suites by Hilton™, Hilton Garden Inn™ and Hilton Grand Vacations™. Bottled Water benefits may not be complimentary at properties with a resort charge. When booking directly through Hilton. For more information on our Best Price Guarantee, visit our Terms and Conditions.
21. Marriott Bonvoy™. As a Platinum Cardmember, you are eligible to enroll in complimentary Marriott Bonvoy™ Gold Elite Status. Once you request enrollment within the Marriott Bonvoy™ Program (“Marriott Bonvoy™”) at the Gold Elite Status level, American Express will share your enrollment information with The Marriott Bonvoy™ Program (“Marriott Bonvoy™”). Marriott Bonvoy may use this information in accordance with its privacy statement available at www.marriott.com/privacy. You will maintain Gold Elite Status without meeting otherwise required Marriott Bonvoy criteria as long as you remain an eligible American Express Cardmember or until American Express notifies you that the benefit is terminated. Marriott Bonvoy member benefits are subject to change, availability and certain eligibility requirements. Reservations booked through third parties and online booking sources are not eligible. For complete Marriott Bonvoy™ Program terms visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi. Marriott Bonvoy™ program amenities may not be combined with the Fine Hotels & Resorts program. Upgrades are based upon availability and will vary by property.
22. Meliá Hotels International. Enrolment in the MeliáRewards Gold rogramme is required. Benefits are subject to change and availability may vary by property. MeliáRewards Gold amenities may not be wholly combined with the Fine Hotels & Resorts programme. All American Express Terms and Conditions apply. All Meliá Hotels International Terms and Conditions apply. To view Terms and Conditions visit melia.com/nMenus/jsp/terminosCondiciones.jsp American Express reserves the right to instruct Meliá Hotels International to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Cardmember or your Account is not in good standing.
23. Radisson Hotel Group. Enrolment in the Radisson Rewards™ programme is required. Benefits are subject to change and availability may vary by property. Gold status amenities may not be combined with the Fine Hotels & Resorts programme. All American Express Terms and Conditions apply. All Radisson RewardsTM Terms and Conditions apply. To view Terms and Conditions visit https://www.radissonrewards.com/section/terms.home/termsandconditions.sidemenus.
American Express reserves the right to instruct Radisson Hotel Group™ to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Cardmember or your Account is not in good standing.
24. Amex App. Apple, the Apple logo, Touch ID and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. There is no charge from American Express. You may receive extra data charges based upon your service provider.
25. American Express Experiences. Events and tickets are subject to availability and to all applicable service charges and taxes. American Express and Partner Terms and Conditions apply, visit americanexpress.co.uk/welcomeplatinum or call your Platinum Concierge for a list of full Terms and Conditions.
26. Global Dining Collection. Reservations are based on a first come, first served basis. In the event of a reservation cancellation, the Cardmember will be subject to the restaurant’s cancellation policy, which will be communicated to the Cardmember by Concierge at the time of booking. Concierge is not responsible for informing the restaurant of your dietary restrictions or for the restaurant being able to accommodate the restrictions; we ask that you provide this information directly to the restaurant.
American Express Services Europe Limited has its registered office at Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom. It is registered in England and Wales with Company Number 1833139 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.