Exclusively for Businesses, the Card with premium travel benefits, business services and rewards.
Premium Business Travel
To help make you more comfortable when you're travelling for business or pleasure, the Card provides Priority Pass Worldwide Airport Lounge Access2, as well as benefits with our hotel and car hire partners.
Platinum Business Service
To help ensure you have more time to take care of business, our dedicated concierge and travel team are ready to help with just about everything from booking a flight to delivering a gift to a client.
Comprehensive Worldwide Travel Insurance
You, your family, as well as colleagues and employees with Supplementary Cards are covered on business and leisure trips of up to 120 days when travel is booked on the Card.3
Making business more rewarding
Earn 1 Membership Rewards point for virtually every full £1 you spend on the Card. Points can be used to reward yourself, your clients or employees, or to reinvest in your business. .4
To help with cashflow management, the Card provides up to 54 calendar days interest-free credit on purchases6. your balance in full every month. It also has no pre-set spending limit to help provide you with greater purchasing power.7
If you’d prefer a Card without any rewards, other features or a Cardmembership fee, an alternative option is available – the Basic Card.
Receive 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards points, if you are approved and spend £6,000 in the first three months of Cardmembership.1
That’s enough for two business class return flights from London to Berlin or Paris. Or alternatively, it's enough for one business class return flight from London to Barcelona or Rome.8 Terms, taxes, fees and charges apply.
ACCESS AND REWARDS
Premium travel benefits and access to help make your life a bit more comfortable when you're travelling for business or pleasure.
• Priority Pass Worldwide Airport Lounge Access means that wherever your business, pleasure or rewards take you, you and your first Supplementary Platinum Cardmember will enjoy complimentary Priority Pass membership to over 700 airport lounges in over 120 countries worldwide, regardless of your choice of airline or class of ticket.2 Enrolment required after Card approval.
• FINE HOTELS & RESORTS offers you an experience above and beyond at over 815 supremely stylish five-star sanctuaries scattered across the globe. Receive these complimentary benefits with each booking: noon check-in upon arrival when available, a room upgrade upon arrival when eligible and available, daily breakfast for two people, in-room Wi-FI (exclusions apply), 4pm late checkout and a special amenity such as a $100 food and beverage credit.9
• With our hotel partners Starwood Hotels and Carlson Rezidor Hotels, you and your Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers can receive benefits including complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and much more.10 Enrolment required after Card approval.
Car Hire Benefits
• Enhance your business trips or personal holidays - with Hertz and Avis. you and your Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers can receive benefits such as complimentary upgrades and discounts on bookings.10
The American Express Platinum Business Card can help you get more from your business expenses:
• Earn 1 Membership Rewards point for virtually every full £1 you spend on the Card4. There is no limit to the points you can earn, and your points never expire as long as your account is open and in good standing.
• Earn 1 Membership Rewards point for virtually every full £1 spent on Supplementary Cards.
• Plus, earn one additional point for virtually every £1 spent when you book your flights, hotels, car hire or experiences through American Express Travel. You can then use your points, your Card or a combination of both to pay for your booking including any taxes and charges.11
Use the points you earn to treat yourself, your employees or clients, or to reinvest in your business.
Reward yourself, your employees or clients
• From spa day experirences to department store Gift Cards and eCodes, use your points to reward those people going above and beyond for your business. Our partners include House of Fraser, M&S, Laithwaite's Wine, Molton Brown, and SpaFinder Wellness 365 – just to name a few.
Reinvest in your business
• You can redeem your points for a statement credit that can support your bottom line12. Alternatively you could redeem for rewards from popular brands such as merchandise from Apple or Gift Cards from Currys PC World.
• Transfer points you've earned on your business spend to one of our partner's frequent traveller programmes, and use them to enjoy hotel stays, flights, dining and more - for business or pleasure. Our partners include British Airways, Starwood, and Virgin Atlantic. Minimum, maximum and increments apply to points transfers and vary by partner. Reward bookings are subject to taxes and fees.
Whether it's entertaining clients, rewarding your employees, or treating yourself, make it a memorable experience with American Express Invites.
• The Card gives you access to purchase tickets to some of the most in-demand music, film and theatre events in town, often before they go on sale to the general public.
The Card can help give you greater control over your cashflow.
• If you are currently paying for your expenses by cash, invoice or cheque the payment will leave your Account right away. Whereas, with the Platinum Business Card you have up to 54 days of interest-free credit until your payment is due so you can keep money in your Account for longer and have more flexibility when managing your finances.6
• Simply pay your balance in full every month.
The Card has no pre-set spending limit which means you have greater purchasing power to help you do business daily and can help when you need to make larger item purchases.
• Your purchasing capacity evolves according to the needs of your business and adjusts based on your current spending patterns, payment history, credit record and financial resources.
WORLD CLASS SERVICE
It’s the personal touches that make all the difference.
• With the Platinum Business Card, our dedicated concierge and travel team have the knowledge and experience to help take care of the little but important things, like buying event tickets for a client, delivering gifts, finding you a hotel or arranging conferences in an unfamiliar city. Let us do things for you so you can take care of business.
Running your business could be made easier with a great range of resources designed to help you maintain control of your business expenses, while also helping to provide some peace of mind.
• Our global customer service team is here to help - wherever you are in the world, whatever the time of day.
• Global Assist®- If you’re away on business anywhere in the world and run into trouble, assistance is just a phone call away, 24/7.
• Emergency Card Replacement - No matter where your business takes you, if you report your Card lost, damaged or stolen, we'll help you replace it.
You can receive up to 5 complimentary Supplementary Cards for employees and associates and share some of your Card benefits. 13
• Supplementary Cards can help you consolidate all business expenditure under one Business Card Account so you'll be able to see exactly where your money is going on your monthly statement, saving you time when tracking and sorting expenses.
• Plus you receive the Membership Rewards points from spend on Supplementary Cards.
Comprehensive Worldwide Travel Insurance for business or pleasure - You, your family, as well as colleagues and employees with Supplementary Cards are covered, whether travelling together or travelling alone on business and leisure trips of up to 120 days when travel is booked on your Card. 3
Purchase Protection - If you buy an eligible item on your Card and it's stolen or damaged within 90 days, we'll replace or repair it, or refund you up to £2,500 per eligible item.3
Refund Protection - Should you change your mind or return your eligible item for any reason within the same 90 day period, the Card's Refund Protection means that even if the UK retailer won't refund you, we’ll replace or refund you up to a maximum of £300.3
24-hour online business account management lets you check your balance, past statements, available credit, and keep track of all business purchases made on your Card.
• You can also access the most important account information when you’re on the go via our mobile website, or as a downloadable app for iPhone and Android devices.
To save time before applying for the Card, it’s best to make sure you can say yes to the following:
The business has a current UK Bank or Building Society account
You/The business have/has no County Court Judgements for non-payment of debt
You are aged 18 or over
You have a permanent UK home address
You will pay the annual Cardmembership fee of £450
You will not be eligible for any Welcome Bonus award if you currently hold or have held any Membership Rewards enrolled American Express Card in the past six months.
If you’d prefer a Card without any rewards, other features or a Cardmembership fee, an alternative option is available – the Basic Card.
1. If you are approved and spend £6,000 on purchases on the Account within the first 3 months of Cardmembership, 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards points will be awarded shortly after the end of the three months. Cardmembers who are enrolled or have been enrolled in the Membership Rewards programme in the last six months, are not eligible for the bonus. All introductory offers are subject to change and can be withdrawn at any time.
2. The Primary Platinum Business Cardmember and the first Supplementary Platinum Business Cardmember need to enrol in the Priority Pass programme. In order to access over 700 lounges in the Priority Pass programme, the Cardmember must present a valid Priority Pass membership card in their name, along with a boarding pass for same day travel. Any additional guests will be charged a fee at the prevailing rate – currently £15 per person, per visit, to his or her American Express Platinum Card. Subsequent years’ renewal terms and conditions are at the discretion of Priority Pass. For Priority Pass Conditions of Use visit prioritypass.com. The Cardmember agrees to abide by the Conditions of Use, as detailed at prioritypass.com.
3. Terms and conditions apply. Please see the Insurance Terms and Conditions for full details. Please read this to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply
4. Membership Rewards points are earned on virtually every full £1 spent and charged, per transaction. Membership Rewards points are not earned on interest, fees (including default fees), balance transfers, cash advances (including transactions treated as cash), loading of pre paid Cards, American Express Travellers Cheque purchases or foreign exchange transactions; and any amounts that are subsequently re-credited to your Card Account by way of refunds. Visit membershiprewards.co.uk/terms for full Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions.
5. A £450 annual Card fee will automatically be charged to your account on or after the anniversary of your account opening date. Applicants must be UK residents, aged 18 or over. Approval is subject to status and terms and conditions apply.
6. The maximum amount of time for deferred payment on purchases is 54 calendar days and is obtained only if you spend on the first day of the new statement period and repay the balance in full on the due date.
7. No pre-set spending limit does not mean unlimited spending. Purchasing power can adjust with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to us, and other factors. We reserve the right to apply temporary spending limits in accordance with the Cardmember Agreement.
8. Example based on transferring 36,000 Membership Rewards points to 36,000 Avios, the reward currency of the British Airways Executive Club. Costs quoted are for peak fare flights. Calculation made for two return business class flights from London (all airports) to Berlin (TXL, Tegel) or Paris (PAR, Paris), using the British Airways Avios Points Calculation website on the 11th May 2015, found at britishairways.com/travel/avios-calculator. Reward bookings are subject to availability and cannot be waitlisted. Reward bookings are subject to taxes, fees and carrier charges. BA Terms and Conditions apply and can be found at britishairways.com/executive-club/terms-and-conditions.
9. Valid only for new FINE HOTELS & RESORTS bookings made through Platinum Travel Service, Business Platinum Travel Service, American Express Travel online at americanexpress.co.uk/travel, or any American Express Travel office. Payment must be made in full with an American Express Card in the UK Platinum Cardmember’s name. Available for UK Platinum Charge Cardmembers. Cardmember must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described. Noon check-in and room upgrade are based on availability and are provided at check-in. Certain room categories are not eligible for room upgrade; call Platinum Travel Service for details. Breakfast amenity varies by property, but will be, at a minimum, a continental breakfast. Complimentary Wi-Fi is provided in room, with the exception of select properties where In-Room Wi-Fi is included as part of a mandatory daily resort fee or is not available. In these instances complimentary Wi-Fi will be provided in a common space on property. Call Platinum Travel Service for property specific details regarding Wi-Fi. Benefit restrictions vary by FINE HOTELS & RESORTS property and cannot be redeemed for cash, and may not be combined with other offers unless indicated. Benefits and additional FINE HOTELS & RESORTS promotions are only applied at checkout and expire at checkout. Limit one benefit package per room, per stay. Three room limit per Cardmember, per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. Participating FINE HOTELS & RESORTS properties and benefits are subject to change.
10. Enrolment is required to receive loyalty programme benefits. Benefits are subject to change and availability and may vary by hotel and car hire loyalty programme partner. American Express Terms and Conditions apply. Hotel Loyalty programme benefits may not be combined with the Fine Hotels & Resorts programme. American Express reserves the right to instruct loyalty programme partner to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Business Cardmember or your Account is not in good standing
11. Cardmembers will earn one additional Membership Rewards point in addition to their standard earn rate for virtually every full £1 spent on eligible prepaid hotels, flights, car hire and experiences on the American Express Travel UK website americanexpress.co.uk/travel, excluding cruise bookings. Products that are booked on americanexpress.co.uk/travel which are not prepaid, but are paid directly to the supplier are not eligible to earn the additional Membership Rewards points. When paying with a combination of your American Express Card and Membership Rewards points, only the value applied to the Card is eligible to earn Membership Rewards points and Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions found at membershiprewards.co.uk/terms will apply. Please allow up to 10 weeks for Membership Rewards points to be credited to your account.
12. The credit will be applied to your primary Card Account. The account balance must be higher or equal to the amount being credited. If you pay your bill through Direct Debit, the Direct Debit amount that appears on your statement will always be collected, even if you redeem your points for a credit on your Card. Please refer to your Card Account statement showing your outstanding balance or minimum balance due which will apply in all instances. Amounts credited will appear on your next Card Account statement following redemption of this reward. A points for credit request may be declined at our own discretion where the Card Account or Cardmembers’ other Accounts are not in good standing or there is not an outstanding balance on the Card. The redemption of points for credit will be applied within three business days, cannot be reversed and is not redeemable for cash via a credit balance refund.
13. Supplementary Cards allow you to share some of the benefits of your American Express Business Card with employees, colleagues and others close to you. You will be the main Cardholder and you, the Business and the Supplementary Cardholder will be jointly and severally liable for all charges made by a Supplementary Cardholder with their Card. Additional Cardmembers must be UK residents aged 18 or over. Approval subject to status and terms and conditions apply. You can apply for 1 complimentary Supplementary Platinum Business Card and up to four complimentary Supplementary Gold Business Cards. Additional Supplementary Platinum Business Cards beyond this will each carry a fee of £170 and additional Gold Business Cards will carry a fee of £45.
Applicants must be 18 years old or over. Approval is subject to status and terms and conditions apply.
American Express Services Europe Limited has its registered office at Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom. It is registered in England and Wales with Company Number 1833139 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.