Whether you’re an experienced traveller or planning your first major business trip, the Platinum Business Card could make travel more comfortable.
The Platinum Business Card - for wherever business or pleasure takes you:
The Platinum Business Card also offers additional business benefits. Learn more.
1. The Primary Platinum Business Cardmember and the first Supplementary Platinum Business Cardmember need to enrol in the Priority Pass programme. In order to access over 700 lounges in the Priority Pass programme, the Cardmember must present a valid Priority Pass membership card in their name, along with a boarding pass for same day travel. Any additional guests will be charged a fee at the prevailing rate – currently £15 per person, per visit, to his or her American Express Platinum Card. Subsequent years’ renewal terms and conditions are at the discretion of Priority Pass. For Priority Pass Conditions of Use visit prioritypass.com. The Cardmember agrees to abide by the Conditions of Use, as detailed at prioritypass.com.
2. Valid only for new FINE HOTELS & RESORTS bookings made through Platinum Travel Service, Business Platinum Travel Service, American Express Travel online at americanexpress.co.uk/travel, or any American Express Travel office. Payment must be made in full with an American Express Card in the UK Platinum Cardmember’s name. Available for UK Platinum Charge Cardmembers. Cardmember must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described. Noon check-in and room upgrade are based on availability and are provided at check-in. Certain room categories are not eligible for room upgrade; call Platinum Travel Service for details. Breakfast amenity varies by property, but will be, at a minimum, a continental breakfast. Complimentary Wi-Fi is provided in room, with the exception of select properties where In-Room Wi-Fi is included as part of a mandatory daily resort fee or is not available. In these instances complimentary Wi-Fi will be provided in a common space on property. Call Platinum Travel Service for property specific details regarding Wi-Fi. Benefit restrictions vary by FINE HOTELS & RESORTS property and cannot be redeemed for cash, and may not be combined with other offers unless indicated. Benefits and additional FINE HOTELS & RESORTS promotions are only applied at checkout and expire at checkout. Limit one benefit package per room, per stay. Three room limit per Cardmember, per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. Participating FINE HOTELS & RESORTS properties and benefits are subject to change.
3. Enrolment is required to receive loyalty programme benefits. Benefits are subject to change and availability and may vary by hotel and car hire loyalty programme partner. American Express Terms and Conditions apply. Hotel Loyalty programme benefits may not be combined with the Fine Hotels & Resorts programme. American Express reserves the right to instruct loyalty programme partner to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Business Cardmember or your Account is not in good standing.
4. If you are approved and spend £6,000 on purchases on the Account within the first three months of Cardmembership, 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards points will be awarded shortly after the end of the three months. Cardmembers who are enrolled or have been enrolled in the Membership Rewards programme in the last six months, are not eligible for the bonus. All introductory offers are subject to change and can be withdrawn at any time.
5. Example based on transferring 36,000 Membership Rewards points to Avios, the reward currency of the British Airways Executive Club. Calculation made for two return business class flights from London (all airports) to Berlin (TXL, Tegel), using the British Airways Avios Points Calculation website on the 11th May 2015, found at britishairways.com/travel/avios-calculator. Reward bookings are subject to availability and cannot be waitlisted. Reward bookings are subject to taxes, fees and carrier charges. BA Terms and Conditions apply and can be found at britishairways.com/executive-club/terms-and-conditions.
6. Membership Rewards points are earned on virtually every full £1 spent and charged, per transaction. Membership Rewards points are not earned on interest, fees (including default fees), balance transfers, cash advances (including transactions treated as cash), loading of pre paid Cards, American Express Travellers Cheque purchases or foreign exchange transactions; and any amounts that are subsequently re-credited to your Card Account by way of refunds. Visit membershiprewards.co.uk/terms for full Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions.
7. Cardmembers will earn one additional Membership Rewards point in addition to their standard earn rate for virtually every full £1 spent on eligible prepaid hotels, flights, car hire and experiences on the American Express Travel UK website americanexpress.co.uk/travel, excluding cruise bookings. Products that are booked on americanexpress.co.uk/travel which are not prepaid, but are paid directly to the supplier are not eligible to earn the additional Membership Rewards points. When paying with a combination of your American Express Card and Membership Rewards points, only the value applied to the Card is eligible to earn Membership Rewards points and Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions found at membershiprewards.co.uk/terms will apply. Please allow up to 10 weeks for Membership Rewards points to be credited to your account. Bookings are subject to the full American Express Travel Terms and Conditions found at americanexpress.co.uk/termsandconditions.
8. American Express Services Europe Limited (""AESEL"") makes various benefits available to Cardmembers which derive from contracts which AESEL has made with third parties. AESEL is free to amend, extend or terminate these benefits at its sole discretion. These benefits do not form part of AESEL’s contract with you but AESEL will provide reasonable notice, in any event no less than 30 days, in advance of any changes to the available benefits which may be to your detriment. One of the benefits currently available is the benefit of contracts of insurance held by AESEL with certain insurers. You will lose these benefits if you cease to be a Cardmember. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Full details of the insurance benefits currently available can be found in Your Insurance Documentation at americanexpress.co.uk/platinumbusiness and in-print along with the Card itself. Please read this document to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply.
Applicants must be 18 years old or over. Approval is subject to status and terms and conditions apply. American Express Services Europe Limited registered office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom registered in England and Wales, Company Number 1833139, and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009 (reference number 415532) for the provision of payment services. American Express Services Europe Limited is an appointed representative for insurance mediation activities only, of American Express Insurance Services Europe Limited (reference number 311684) who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Details can be found on the Financial Services Register.