Your saved cards
With an American Express Retail Rewards Card, you enjoy the many advantages of an American Express Charge Cards or Credit Card. But, on top of that, you also accumulate retail rewards or loyalty points, which can be redeemed at a variety of stores. Apply for complimentary Supplementary Cards for family and loved ones, and earn even more points each time they spend.
You can redeem accumulated points for cash to spend in stores, or put them towards a voucher for a family day out, a special experience, or an overnight stay at some of the world's best hotels. These are just a few ideas – there are many more options.
With the Gold Business Card and Platinum Business Card you can also use points earned on business spend to redeem on a range of business rewards, from computers for the office, flights for your business travel, or corporate gifting and entertainment.
What's more, every American Express Cardmember enjoys access to Preferred Seating from American Express. The Preferred Seating programme reserves tickets to some of the shows in town, exclusively for our Cardmembers. Whether your passion is music, film, or theatre, we can get you closer to the action.
The Preferred Rewards Gold Card
Representative 19.9% APR variable
The Costco True Earnings American Express Credit Card
Representative 25.0% APR variable
Nectar Credit Card
American Express Retail Rewards Cards offers you:
The range of benefits and cover varies from Card to Card, so take a look and see what each Retail Rewards Card has to offer. Simply browse the list of Cards in the menu to the left, or use the 'Compare these Cards' button near the top of this page to review all our Retail Rewards Cards at the same time.
Whenever you need us, wherever you are, our Customer Care Professionals is available 24/7 by phone, text, email or mail. And instead of passing you from one person to another, the first person to answer your call will do their best to see it through until it's resolved. Our Global Assist® team is on hand 24/7 to provide help and support when you travel outside the UK, in your own language.
All American Express Cards feature Chip and PIN technology and all transactions are processed through our own secure system to minimise the risk of fraud, whether you use your Card at home or abroad. Our early detection systems monitor potentially fraudulent activity, and our Fraud Protection Guarantee means that in the unlikely event you are a victim of Card fraud, and you have taken reasonable care with your Card, you won't be held responsible for any costs linked to the fraudulent activity.
Selected American Express Retail Rewards Cards offer Refund Protection and Purchase Protection on eligible items bought in the UK on your Card for up to 90 days.
Our Retail Rewards Cards are accepted worldwide. Your overseas spend is converted as soon as we process the transaction and the American Express exchange rate is set daily. If you are paying in US dollars, the amount will be converted directly to pounds sterling. If you are paying in another currency, this will be converted to US dollars and then to pounds sterling. Your monthly bill is required to be paid in pounds sterling.
We put you firmly in control when it comes to managing your Account. Simply register online and you can view and manage your account whenever you want, either online or on your mobile. View your current balance, have updates sent direct to your phone, pay your bills easily, and manage contact preferences.
To save time, use the following checklist to see if you meet our standard eligibility criteria:
Each Card may have additional specific eligibility criteria and you will need to provide employment, income and bank account information in order to submit your application.
Once you have found the Card that best suits you, read the important information, then hit the 'Apply now' button on the page to begin the application process. At this point, you can choose optional additional benefits and also decide how you'd like your name to appear on your American Express Retail Rewards Card.
Your application takes less than 10 minutes and you can get a response in 60 seconds.
1. The 20,000 Membership Rewards bonus points will be awarded onto your account once you have been approved and you have spent and charged £2,000 within the first 3 months of Cardmembership. All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if you currently hold or have held any other Membership Rewards enrolled American Express Cards in the past 6 months.
2. We will share certain membership information about you with the Priority Travel Group Holdings Limited (“PTG”) who administer the LOUNGE CLUBTM programme. PTG will provide complimentary membership for the primary card holder to LOUNGE CLUBTM, and issue a card and lounge listing. You will be entitled to two complimentary lounge visits at participating lounges each year you hold a valid Preferred Rewards Gold Card, which may be used by the primary Cardmember or by the primary Cardmember and one guest. Once you have activated your American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card, please allow up to 28 working days for your LOUNGE CLUBTM card to arrive in the mail. Use of the airport lounges will be governed by the terms and conditions of LOUNGE CLUBTM which are available in full at www.loungeclub.com, which you agree to comply with by applying for a card. You also confirm that lounges may charge usage fees at the prevailing rate (currently £15 per person, per visit) for any lounge visits that exceed the two complimentary lounge visits per membership year to your American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card. The lounge usage fees charged are at the discretion of PTG and any changes to the lounge access fee will be advised by them.
3. Cashback rewards will be payable annually in the month following your Credit Card anniversary. 3% is earned on every full £1 spent and charged on all eligible restaurant dining purchases (no maximum). 2% is earned on every full £1 spent and charged on eligible travel purchases (no maximum). Unless stated above as being eligible, purchases will earn 1% cashback rewards on every full £1 spent and charged per purchase (maximum £300 cashback rewards every 12 months), subject to exclusions. Cashback rewards are not earned on Balance Transfers, Cash Advances, American Express Travellers’ Cheques purchases, Foreign Exchange transactions, interest, any spending in excess of your credit limit, charges for returned payments, late payment or referral charges and American Express Credit Card finance charges
4. 20,000 bonus points will be awarded onto your account once you have been approved and a minimum of £2,000 has been spent and charged to the account within three months of account opening. All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if you currently hold or have held the Nectar Credit Card in the past 6 months.
5. 2 points per full £1 spent consists of collecting 2 points for every full £1 spent and charged on your Nectar Credit Card everywhere, including abroad (except for purchases made at warehouse retailers in the United Kingdom (e.g. Costco) where you will earn Points at the rate of 1 point for every full £1).
American Express Services Europe Limited ('AESEL') makes various benefits available to Cardmembers which derive from contracts which AESEL has made with third parties. AESEL is free to amend, extend or terminate these benefits at its sole discretion. These benefits do not form part of AESEL's contract with you but AESEL will provide reasonable notice, in any event no less than 30 days, in advance of any changes to the available benefits which may be to your detriment. One of the benefits currently available is the benefit of contracts of insurance held by AESEL with certain insurers. You will lose these benefits if you cease to be a Cardmember. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Full details of the insurance benefits currently available can be found in Your Insurance Documentation available on this website and which will be provided with your Card. Please read this document to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply.
American Express Services Europe Limited has its registered office at Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom. It is registered in England and Wales with Company Number 1833139 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.