Why American Express?
Our goal is simple – to make life more enjoyable for our Cardmembers. Perhaps we can do that for you.
Patterns. How we help stop fraud in its tracks.
By watching patterns, we can spot the things that shouldn’t be there. Our intelligent security systems look out for anything unusual in your spending patterns to help stop fraud in its tracks. This way, you can get on with shopping for the things you love – with confidence.Explore our Cards
American Express Invites
American Express Invites1 is about opening the door to amazing events. We know who’s playing what, and what’s on where. As soon as we hear about an event you won’t want to miss, we make sure you’re one of the first to know.
Whether your passion is music, film, or theatre, we can get you closer to the action.Sign up for American Express Invites
Introducing American Express Invites, some of the hottest tickets in town, reserved for our Cardmembers.
With American Express Invites, Cardmembers can enjoy access to a wide range of sought after events including music, theatre, and film, often before tickets go on sale to the general public.Sign up for American Express Invites
Being with American Express means
- Even when the shop won’t refund you, we will2
- Seeing a doctor who speaks your language, virtually wherever you are in the world3
- Having items on your bill you don’t recognise removed, and then investigated.
Plus simple ideas like our customer service team being available 24/7, via phone, text, email or mail and the first person answering your call doing their best to see it through until it is resolved.Explore our Cards
A more social service
Our Twitter team are always happy to help and answer your tweets.
See how they’re helping our Cardmembers right now.Follow @AskAmexUK
Our @AmexUK twitter team like nothing more than breaking good news.
Stay up to date on the latest events and partnership deals we've signed up for our UK Cardmembers to enjoy.Follow @AmexUK
Accepted here, here and here
Your American Express Card is welcomed all over town. You’re good to go:
- At major supermarkets and petrol stations
- For all kinds of entertainment and eating out
- With high street names and local gems.
We’re always looking to improve our coverage. If one of your favourite places doesn’t take American Express, contact us and we’ll work on it for you.Explore our cards
Points, beautiful points
Whatever you’re into, get more out of it with American Express Membership Rewards® points. Transfer and redeem points with:
- Ten airline frequent flyer programmes
- Five major hotel rewards programmes
- Nectar and our own shopping partners
Amazon.co.uk, Asprey, Boots, Carluccio’s, Comet, D&D LONDON, Elemis, Gap®, Harrods™, Harvey Nichols, Homebase, House of Fraser, Inverawe Smokehouses, Laithwaites™ Wine, Le Creuset, Links of London™, L'Occitane®, Marks & Spencer, Molton Brown®, NET-A-PORTER, PC World, Raleigh, Smartbox, Starbucks, SpaFinder, Radisson Edwardian, Relais & Châteaux and wagamama
With American Express Membership Rewards® points you earn at least one point with virtually every full pound spent on purchases with your Card – across town and all around the world.4Explore Cards with Membership Rewards points
2. American Express Services Europe Limited (‘AESEL’) makes various benefits available to Cardmembers which derive from contracts which AESEL has made with third parties. AESEL is free to amend, extend or terminate these benefits at its sole discretion. These benefits do not form part of AESEL's contract with you but AESEL will provide reasonable notice, in any event no less than 30 days, in advance of any changes to the available benefits which may be to your detriment. One of the benefits currently available is the benefit of contracts of insurance held by AESEL with certain insurers. You will lose these benefits if you cease to be a Cardmember. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Full details of the insurance benefits currently available can be found in Your Insurance Documentation available on this website and which will be provided with your Card. Please read this document to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply.
3. Part of our Global Assist service. Not available with the Costco TrueEarnings Card or Harrods Card.
4. Terms and Conditions of Membership Rewards apply. Points are not earned on American Express Travellers Cheques, Foreign Exchange and other Account Charges including Membership Rewards fees and annual Card fees. Read full Terms and Conditions here.