The quickest way to add your Card to Apple pay is to visit the 'Account' tab in the Amex App and select 'Apple Pay'. Follow the on-screen instructions with a few taps and your Card will be added to your Apple Pay wallet.
To set up Apple Pay without the Amex App, follow these steps to add your Card to Apple Pay:
Open the “Wallet” app on your iPhone.
- Tap the + sign to add your Card.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
To use Apple Pay
Follow these steps to use Apple Pay with your Card:
Hold your iPhone up to a contactless reader.
- Place your finger on Touch ID or scan via Face ID.
- Wait for your payment to be authorised by a vibration or beep.
To make an in-app purchase, select the “Apple Pay” button on the checkout screen.
Apple Pay further information:
There is no payment limit at many Merchants that accept American Express contactless payments (a payment limit of £30 may apply at some Merchants).
- Works with iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad and Mac. See a full list of compatible devices.
- Requires iOS 8.3 or higher.
Find detailed information on using Apple Pay here.