Reinstating Membership Rewards® points
The Membership Rewards® points accumulated by a deceased Cardmember may be reinstated to a new basic account or be redeemed by the estate of the deceased Cardmember.
If you are already an Additional Cardmember on the deceased account:
- 1. Assume ownership of the account, for details please see Taking over the account.
- 2. Call us and request to reinstate the points to your new account. Contact our dedicated Membership Rewards team at 1-800-297-3276 Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 12:00 am EST and Saturday between 10:00 am and 6:30 pm EST.
If you have chosen not to assume ownership of the account or are not an additional Cardmember:
- 1. The Executor of the Estate must send a formal written request to the Membership Rewards® Correspondence Unit for the distribution of the points. The written request must include:
• The name and position of the Executor of the estate
• Name(s) of individual(s) designated/entitled to the Membership Rewards® points
• Specific redemptions to process (e.g. 50,000 to Delta, 10,000 Home Depot)
• A copy of the death certificate
- 2. The written request should be addressed to:
Membership Rewards® Correspondence Unit
American Express Membership Rewards
PO Box 297813
Ft Lauderdale, FL 33329-7813
Please note accrued points in Membership Rewards® will be forfeited immediately upon cancellation of all Cards so please make sure to redeem points before cancelling the account. Depending on the Card, the estate might only be able to redeem points within a certain time frame.
To learn about our Membership Rewards® click here.
When you are ready, please call us at 1-800-266-7064 Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm EST and Saturday between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm, Saturday EST. For Corporate Cards, please contact your company's Program Administrator.