Below are a few pointers to ensure the transaction runs smoothly.
• American Express Cards are non-transferable, so they can't be borrowed or loaned
• verify that the person presenting the Card is the Cardmember
• check that the card is not visibly altered or mutilated
• validate the Card's expiration date
• compare the signature on the back of the Card with that of the Cardmember that presents the Card
Guidelines for accepting the American Express® Card – over the phone, via mail order, or onlineFor card-not-present transactions that are conducted over the phone, mail or internet, you will need a separate merchant account number, if you don't have one, you can call 1-800-528-2121 for more information.
Always collect the following information from the Cardmember for card-not-present transactions:
• Cardmember name, exactly as it appears on the Card
• Card account number
• Card expiration date
• Card billing address
• Cardmembers home or billing telephone number
To help minimize the risk of fraud, and to protect your business from potential chargeback situations, we recommend that you only ship merchandise to the Cardmembers billing address.