Businessman, author and University of Virginia professor Edward T. Hess is creating quite a buzz among small-business owners with his new course “Grow to Greatness: Smart Growth for Private Business.” To date, more than 60,000 people have enrolled in his Coursera-powered course.
The course is divided into five modules:
- The truth about growth, which will dispel many popular myths about the nature of growth and the need for growth among small businesses
- Are you ready for growth, which will help you determine if your company is at the right point to grow.
- The four Ps of growth, addressing planning, prioritization, process and pace
- The four ways to grow a business, which covers improvements, innovation, scaling and strategic acquisitions as proven methods for small-business growth; and
- Creating a growth plan, which will have students prepare a plan for their own businesses.
The next five-week course session starts on January 28.Read the full article at Coursera.Read more Finance Watch articles.