• Large companies are tapping into an open resource of knowledge to solve their biggest problems. Here's why small businesses should consider following suit.
Jim McCann, CEO of 1-800-Flowers, shares his advice for connecting with both customers and other business professionals.
Learn about the importance of building relationships in government contracting.
• Our small business expert gives advice on who you should avoiding at your next holiday party or networking event.
• Today's knowledge-hungry consumers often know as much about a product as the people trying to sell it. So what's your sales edge? Learning to build stronger relationships with your clients.
• Networking can be vital to your business success. Put these 5 tips into practice next time you try to connect, and you'll find people will want to help you achieve your goals.
• Do presentations make you anxious? You're not alone. A new poll reveals how business leaders really feel about presenting while experts offer advice on how to give a killer presentation.
• In-person networking opportunities aren't being replaced by technology--they're just getting better.
• Public speaking is intimidating, especially when you're put on the spot. Use these tips and techniques to give a great speech on the fly.
• Don't chatter about the weather or traffic. Bring more substance to your small talk and turn conversations with strangers into business opportunities.
• If your networking skills are getting a little rusty, try using these 5 strategies practiced by Chinese businesspeople for creating strong business relationships.