An exciting new Monthly Voucher benefit. Gold Cardmembers now automatically qualify for a monthly complimentary lifestyle voucher* when spending R3 500pm or more on their Gold Card. Terms and conditions apply.
The Hotel Collection
Enjoy benefits at over 400 participating hotels and resorts in over 30 countries worldwide.
Membership of the Preferred Golf programme entitles you to a range of privileges at participating properties.
Earn one point for every R5 of eligible spend* on your American Express® Gold Card and get 5 000 MR bonus point when you spend R10 000 in the first three months.
Receive up to eight free visits per calendar year to Bidvest Premier Club domestic lounges in South Africa.
- Wherever your journey takes you, our exclusive travel benefits will make it even more memorable.
- Escape the airport crowds with eight complimentary visits to the Premier Club domestic lounges in South Africa.
- Receive discounts on Hertz and Avis car rentals.
- Monthly Lifestyle Rewards available.
- 5.000 bonus MR points
As a American Express Gold Cardmember you will be rewarded with 1 complimentary lifestyle voucher each month when you spend you spend R3 500 or more pm. The R100 vouchers can be redeemed at Takealot.com, Zando and for airtime on selected networks or for one Nu Metro movie ticket. Terms and conditions apply.
How to qualify for your monthly lifestyle benefit:
- Keep your account in good standing (i.e. the account may not be in arrears or inactive)
- Spend at least R3 500 on your account per month your account ( cash withdrawals/transfers excluded)
How to redeem your benefits
- Visit the Lifestyle Rewards from Amex page and enter your unique code.
- Cardmembers receive up to eight free visits per calendar year to the Premier Club domestic lounges in South Africa located at OR Tambo, Cape Town, Durban, George, East London and Port Elizabeth and Bloemfontein Airports.
- Purchase your travel tickets on your Gold Card and both you and your family are automatically covered for up to R4 million, locally and internationally. Optional comprehensive top-up cover is available at discounted rates.
- Drive off with complimentary membership to the Avis Preferred Plus and the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards programme and enjoy great discounts and offers.
Hotel, Resort and Lifestyle Privileges
- Enjoy benefits from The Hotel Collection at over 400 participating hotels and resorts in over 30 countries worldwide. Stay two nights or more and receive up to US$75 in hotel credit or complimentary room upgrade at check-in (when available).
- Room upgrades, early check-ins and late check- outs are available with American Express Vacations.
- Enjoy complimentary membership to the elite Preferred Golf programme which boasts over 70 world-renowned golf resorts. This Preferred Golf membership entitles you to a range of privileges at participating properties:
- – A complimentary round of golf with every consecutive two-night stay at over 70 world-class golf resorts.
- – For golfing enthusiasts, the Stay More package offers discounted rounds of golf for two people, for every night of your stay.
- – Room upgrades at hotels
- – Complimentary WiFi
- – Early check-in and late-check-out
- Once you have enrolled, visit the Preferred Golf website to make a booking.
- Join the highly acclaimed Membership Rewards™ Programme.
- Earn one point for every R5 eligible spend* on your Gold Card.
- Rewards points may never expire and can be redeemed for a variety of lifestyle and travel rewards. Find out more.
*Eligible spend includes local and international purchases and excludes cash withdrawals, casino chip purchases, fuel purchases, finance or other card charges, fees or taxes levied by Nedbank or the government, purchases of travellers cheques or other negotiable instruments, garage card transactions, budget account instalments and interest thereon, insurance premiums and internet transfers/payments.
American Express® Gold Card
American Express® Gold Card
Charges are automatically moved into your Pay Over Time balance and you choose how much to pay: Just pay in full, the minimum amount due, or anything in between - it's that simple.