1. Points Earn: Velocity Points are earned in accordance with and subject to the American Express Velocity Cards Points Terms and Conditions, and exclusions apply. Eligible purchases do not include cash advances and fees and charges for foreign currencies. These do not earn Velocity Points. For the full list of exclusions, please refer to the American Express Velocity Card Points Terms and Conditions available here. The earn rate of 2 Velocity Points per $1 spent on Virgin Australia only applies to purchases made in Australia. You will earn up to 0.5 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent at participating Merchants classified as "government" including the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation, Federal/State and Local government bodies. Industry specific earn rate may apply when you use a payment Account, payment aggregator, services of a third party or online retailers that sell goods for another merchant. For example, a payment made to Local Government bodies processed through payment aggregator may earn rates at the government earn rate. There may be tax implications associated with participation in the Rewards program. You are advised to check with your accountant or tax adviser for further information.
2. Virgin Australia Lounge Access: American Express Velocity Business Card Members receive two complimentary single entry passes every year. The Card Member must be travelling with Virgin Australia domestically. Access is to Virgin Australia-branded lounges in Australia only. Name on boarding pass must match the name on the Velocity Business Card. The Velocity Business Card Member must present his or her valid Card and same-day boarding pass (containing their Virgin Australia Velocity Frequent Flyer number and status) to Virgin Australia lounge agents. All access is subject to space availability. This benefit is subject to change. Visit virginaustralia.com/lounge for full Terms and Conditions.
3. American Express Card Insurances are subject to terms, conditions and exclusions. The complimentary travel insurance cover is also subject to maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and limits and is available when you use your American Express Velocity Business Card to pay for return domestic or international travel, commencing and ending in Australia. American Express Card Insurances are underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) ("Chubb") and are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the American Express Card insurances policy of insurance between American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313) of 12 Shelley Street, Sydney 2000 and Chubb. The Insurance Terms and Conditions do not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms and Conditions are subject to change. It is important for you to read the Terms and Conditions booklet available upon request from us and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements. 8G. Emergency Card Replacement: If your Card is lost or stolen, you must report it immediately. You can call American Express 24 hours a day. In Australia, call us on 1800 175 568. If you are overseas, report your lost or stolen Card to the nearest American Express Travel Service or Representative Office. Once you have notified us, you are not liable for any unauthorised charges.
4. Up to 51 days cash flow. Depending on your method of payment, when you make a purchase, when your statement is issued and whether or not you are carrying forward a balance on your account from your previous statement period. If you pay by direct debit, your payment will be processed 10 days after your statement is issued.
5. No pre-set spending limit does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors, including current spending patterns, your payment history, credit records, and financial resources known to us.
6. AccessLine is not available to individual consumers. To enrol in this service, your business will be required to complete an application, which is subject to review and approval by American Express. For a copy of the application, including Terms and Conditions, call 1300 885 749. Users need to have an American Express Corporate Card or American Express Business Card, an FX International Payments Account and be registered to use AccessLine.
7. With Flexible Payment Option, you will be charged interest if you do not pay your Closing Balance in full by the due date each month. Please refer to your monthly statements for the current Interest Rate and PDS for number of interest-free days. Eligibility criteria applies.
8. You are advised to confirm with your accountant or tax advisor. There may be taxation implications associated with your participation in the Membership Rewards Program. You are advised to consult your accountant or tax advisor to determine if there are any implications from your participation in the program.
9. Employee Cards, American Express approval criteria apply. Subject to Terms and Conditions. This offer is only available to those who reside in Australia. Employee Card Members must be over 18 years of age. The Business, the Primary Card Member and each Employee Card Member are jointly and severally liable for all Employee Card spending.
10. Online Statements: By agreeing to receive statements online, you must register for online services and you understand you will not receive paper statements by mail. You must check your nominated email address regularly as you will be notified at your nominated email address when your online statement is available to view. You can elect to change this nomination or your email address at anytime by changing your preferences in your Online Services Account or by notifying us on 1300 366 220. 11. MYOB bank feed is available to American Express Cards issued by American Express Australia Limited with the exception of David Jones American Express Cards and American Express Corporate Cards. The Card must be active at the time of enrolment.