1. No Cap On Earn Rate. As long as your account remains current and in good standing.
2. Refer Friend. American Express discourages spamming. You should only send referral messages to friends and family who genuinely want to receive them. By participating in 'Refer a Friend', you agree to the 'Refer a Friend' terms and conditions. Read the full terms here.
3. Additional Card Members. Additional Card Members must be 16 years of age or over. Additional Card Members were previously referred to as “Supplementary Card Members”. The basic Card Member will be liable to pay for all transactions made by Additional Card Members.
4. Velocity Points. As long as your Account remains current and in good standing. Velocity Points are earned in accordance with the American Express Velocity Cards Points Terms and Conditions available here and are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer program available here. Exclusions apply. Eligible purchases do not include annual Card fees, cash advances, interest, balance transfers, fees and charges for traveller’s cheques and foreign currencies. These do not earn Velocity Points. For the full list of exclusions, please refer to the American Express Velocity Cards Points Terms and Conditions available here. Certain transactions will earn 0.5 points per dollar with Merchants classified as; 'government', including the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation (Australia Post), federal/state and local government bodies. Industry specific earn rate may apply when you use a payment account, payment aggregator, services of a third party or online retailers that sell goods for another merchant. For example, a payment made to Local Government bodies processed through payment aggregator may earn rates at the government earn rate. The additional Velocity Point earned per $1 spent applies only to Virgin Australia purchases made in Australia.
5. Velocity Reward Seats. The quoted redemption fares are correct as at 16 January 2020 and are subject to change. Fares are subject to availability, and seats are limited and may not be available at peak times or on all flights. Price is based on a return economy Reward Seat fare and must be booked on the Velocity website. Taxes, fees and carrier charges are payable in addition to Velocity Points redeemed and are not eligible for Points earn. Price may vary until ticketed. All payments made by debit/credit card are subject to a payment surcharge. For Rewards Seat bookings on: (i) Virgin Australia operated flights; (ii) Delta Air Lines operated and marketed flights between Sydney and Los Angeles; or, (iii) Etihad Airways operated flights, a carrier charge will apply, view more information here. Add $40 or 5,200 Points for international short haul bookings or $70 or 8,800 Points for international long haul booking per person for bookings made on the phone. A checked baggage allowance is included in your fare, view Reward Seat Baggage Allowances for details. Name changes are not permitted. Other changes, refunds and cancellation are permitted prior to travel and may incur a fee and any applicable fare difference. You may also be entitled to a refund under the Australian Consumer Law in certain circumstances. View the Velocity Rewards Seat fare rules for more information. Some flights may be operated by a partner airline. Different baggage allowances and conditions may apply to these flights. Full terms and conditions at velocityfrequentflyer.com.
6. Complimentary Flight. The complimentary domestic economy Virgin Australia return flight is only available between selected Australian cities and is available for booking by American Express Velocity Platinum Card Members after your first Card spend in the first year, and then after your first Card spend each year after the anniversary of your Membership. All flights are subject to availability and neither Virgin Australia nor American Express guarantees that seats or tickets will be available on the dates or at the times you may wish to fly. Seat availability may be limited to certain dates and/or flights and it may be more difficult to book seats around public holidays, school holidays or special events. Some flights may not have any seats available for redemption. Route availability is subject to change without notice. All travel is subject to the American Express Velocity Platinum Card Benefits Terms and Conditions available here and travel is subject to Virgin Australia Conditions of Carriage available at virginaustralia.com.
7. Virgin Australia Lounge. Virgin Australia lounge entry passes are subject to the American Express Velocity Platinum Card Benefits Terms and Conditions available here. Two Single Entry passes to the Virgin Australia lounge will be activated on the Basic Card Member's Velocity membership Card annually on or after each annual Card fee renewal date. Single Entry passes are valid for 12 months from the date of issue. The Virgin Australia lounge is operated by Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd in selected domestic airports and entry is subject to the Virgin Australia lounge Terms and Conditions, available here and as amended from time to time.
8. American Express Lounge. Entry into The American Express Lounge is governed by the full Terms and Conditions available at amex.com.au/airportlounge. All entrants must adhere to the General Conditions of Entry. American Express Velocity Platinum Card Members are entitled to a total of two (2) entries into the American Express Lounges in Australia per calendar year (1 January to 31 December). Complimentary access is available for the Card Member's children between the ages of 2-17. Card Members wishing to bring additional guests may be subject to a charge that is to be processed on the Card Member's American Express Card.
9. American Express Velocity Platinum Card Insurance. The American Express Velocity Platinum Card insurance is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) - see the full terms and conditions available here. You must use your American Express Velocity Platinum Card to pay for your return trip or eligible items in order to be covered under the insurance. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085). Australian Credit Licence No. 291313. Card Members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This landing page does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full terms and conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.
10. American Express Velocity Escape Card Insurance. The American Express Velocity Escape Card insurance is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions - see the full terms and conditions available here. You must use your American Express Velocity Escape Card to pay for eligible items in order to be covered under the insurance. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085). Australian Credit Licence No. 291313. Card Members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This landing page does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full terms and conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.