Whether you are looking to book a flight at a fixed points rate or use your points to offset some (or all!) of your travel purchases charged to your card your points can be your best travel companion.
Transfer Points to our Partner Loyalty Programs
Enjoy more ways to travel the world. Transfer your Membership Rewards points to one of our Partner Loyalty Programs5.
Have any questions? See our FAQS
1. You can redeem a fixed number of points to cover the base ticket price of eligible flights up to the applicable maximum base ticket price.
The base ticket price (often referred to by airlines as the base fare) excludes taxes, fees and carrier surcharges. You will be charged for these additional costs and any dollar amount that exceeds the applicable maximum base ticket price. The Fixed Points Travel Program applies to airfares offered through American Express Travel Services Canada or on americanexpress.ca/travel.
When you redeem points for an eligible flight, the full cost of the flight, including taxes, fees and carrier surcharges will be charged to your Card upon booking. Within 5-10 business days from the date of
booking, you will receive a statement credit for the base ticket price up to the applicable maximum base ticket price. If your statement monthly cycle cut date falls between the date the transaction is recorded on your statement and the date the statement credit is processed, you will be responsible for paying your monthly statement in full. The statement credit will be applied against your next statement.
Full terms and conditions for the Fixed Points Travel Program can be found at americanexpress.ca/fixedpointstravel.
2. Membership Rewards points are accepted as payment for a wide range of travel options through American Express Travel Services. Membership Rewards points can be used to pay for new travel purchases, including taxes and surcharges. Membership Rewards points are not refundable. Membership Rewards points have no cash value. Travel selections are based on available space and are subject to terms and conditions of travel suppliers. For car rental companies and hotels that do not accept prepaid bookings, contact American Express Travel Services at 1-800-668-9147 or (416)
868-1888 for details about how you can use your Membership Rewards points. In order to redeem points for any travel booking, the Membership Rewards Program account must be active and the Card must be
in good standing. If the American Express Installment Program applies to you and you also redeem points for one or more transactions, the Installment Program will take precedence and the credit will apply to your account in the regular course. This could result in you having a credit balance on your account. If you want to reduce the credit balance, you can cancel any active installment plans you may have. See the Installment Program terms and conditions in your Cardmember Agreement for details, if applicable. Bookings are also subject to American Express Travel Terms and Conditions. To view these please visit americanexpress.ca/termsandconditions.
3. You can redeem Membership Rewards points for a statement credit towards an Eligible Travel
Purchase charged to an Eligible Card. You must redeem a minimum of 1,000 points per redemption. Statement credits on your Card Account should not exceed the aggregate amount of the Eligible Purchase(s) on your Eligible Card. You can register for online services to view your Eligible Purchases and to redeem online. Only Eligible Purchases posted to your Card Account during the last 3 months, up to 150 most recent Eligible Purchases, will be displayed for redemption. If you wish to redeem points towards an Eligible Purchase within the last 12 months that is
not displayed online, please contact us at the number listed on the back of your Card.
For full Membership Rewards Program Terms and Conditions,
visit membershiprewards.ca or call 1-800-668-AMEX (2639). Small
Business Cardmembers, please call 1-888-721-1046.
The Use Points for Purchases Program is not available for Corporate Cardmembers.
4. Air Canada Pay with Points: By participating in the Pay with Points program (the “Pay with Points Program”) using American Express Membership Rewards® (“MR Points”) when making an eligible purchase on the Canadian edition of AirCanada.com or the Air Canada mobile app, you agree to these Terms and Conditions for the Pay with Points Program for Air Canada (“Terms and Conditions”). Eligible purchases include only those flight purchases made directly on the Canadian edition of AirCanada.com or the Air Canada mobile app. RBC travel insurance purchases are not eligible purchases for the Pay with Points Program. You agree that Amex Bank of Canada and its affiliates (collectively, “Amex”) may collect personal information from Air Canada and its affiliates (collectively, “Air Canada”) that you have provided and that is necessary to facilitate your transaction using Pay With Points for Air Canada. Amex may share information with Air Canada regarding your MR Points account for the sole purpose of managing and
facilitating the Pay with Points Program using MR Points. This information sharing allows us to determine your card’s eligibility, and Amex may provide Air Canada with information about your MR Points account, including your total MR Points balance. We may also collect information that you have provided to
Air Canada so that we can perform our functions with respect to the Pay with Points Program, including processing payments made with MR Points. Neither Air Canada nor Amex will use information provided to it by the other party in support of the Pay with Points Program for any purpose other than as expressly
set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
An "Eligible Card" is a valid, Membership Rewards enrolled (a) American Express Consumer Card, (b) Business Card from American Express, or (c) American Express Corporate Card (“Corporate Card”), which must be issued in Canada by Amex. You will only be able to use MR Points if you are the primary account holder of the Eligible Card. In addition, the Eligible Card account must also be in good standing and not in default at the time of redemption. To participate, you must have an Eligible Card and have at least 1 point in your MR Points account. A minimum of 10 points is required to redeem using Pay with Points.
To view your available MR Points balance, go to membershiprewards.ca. MR Point redemption rate will be calculated as determined by Amex and may vary for future purchases.
The total amount for the eligible flight purchase will be charged to your Eligible Card account whether you redeem MR Points towards some or all of the eligible flight purchase amount. When you choose to use MR Points for an eligible purchase, and select “I accept, purchase”, Amex will debit the number of MR Points of your corresponding selection from the Membership Rewards account linked to the Eligible Card. You may select up to the total amount of MR Points required to cover the total purchase amount or up to the full value of your MR Points balance, whichever is less, to the nearest $.01. Furthermore, a statement credit in an amount equal to the dollar amount of your selection will be issued to the Eligible Card account. Please allow up to 2-4 business days for the corresponding statement credit to be reflected on your Eligible Card account. If a statement credit is processed after your Eligible Card account’s billing period, it will appear on your next statement. Remember, the minimum amount due on your Eligible Card account must be paid by the due date.
If there is a processing error with your choice to use MR Points, your Eligible Card will be charged, and the corresponding statement credit will not be issued to the Eligible Card account for your transaction. In this event, if you would like to use MR Points for your transaction, please call the number on the back of your Eligible Card and Amex will be happy to assist you.
Certain transactions on AirCanada.com or the Air Canada app are not eligible for purchases using MR Points in the Pay with Points Program, and these may change at any time and without notice and at Amex’s discretion. If you do not have enough MR Points to pay for your eligible purchase, you can
pay for the remainder with your Eligible Card. Your MR Points balance will typically be reduced to reflect the amount of your purchase at the time of your transaction, but in some cases it may not reflect your use of MR Points for pending purchase transactions until the purchase has been fulfilled. It is your
responsibility to ensure that you have enough MR Points in your MR Points account at the time your MR Points are ultimately redeemed. If you do not have enough MR Points remaining in your MR Points account at the time they are to be redeemed, you will be required to authorize another payment method. Your Eligible Card will not be charged automatically. MR Points may not currently be combined with other rewards programs to make eligible purchases using your MR Points at AirCanada.com or the Air Canada app.
Returns are subject to Air Canada’s refund policy. If Air Canada accepts a return for a transaction you made using only MR Points, Air Canada will refund the corresponding dollar amount of the purchase to the Amex card account used. If Air Canada accepts a refund for a transaction you made using MR Points and another payment method, Air Canada may, in its sole discretion, credit the return to the other payment method before crediting the corresponding dollar amount of MR Points. Please allow 2-4 business days for the refund to appear on your statement. In neither case will the points you redeemed for the purchase be returned to you. If you no longer have an Eligible Card account, Air Canada may process your refund by providing you with an Air Canada gift card.
If you use a Corporate Card to make a purchase (whether alone or in conjunction with MR Points), you agree that you are using the Corporate Card in accordance with your company’s policy. In the event that a
refund results in a credit to your Corporate Card instead of a return of MR Points, it is your sole responsibility to resolve this with your company and you agree to hold Air Canada and Amex harmless in respect of any loss you or the company may incur.
Amex Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions apply and are available at membershiprewards.ca or at www.americanexpress.ca/corporateMRterms for Corporate Membership Rewards Program Owners.
If you have questions regarding your MR Points or your MR Points account, please contact Amex at the number listed on the back of your Eligible Card.
5. Point transfer ratios vary by participant and transfers can take up to 5 days. Other terms apply.
Visit membershiprewards.ca for details.
6. Membership Rewards point transfers must be made in increments of 100 points, with a minimum redemption requirement of 1,000 points for each transfer. 1,000 Membership Rewards points = 1,000 Aeroplan points. Other terms, conditions and restrictions apply. Visit membershiprewards.ca for full Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions.
7.1. Membership Rewards points transfers must be made in increments of 100 points, with a minimum
redemption requirement of 1,000 points for each transfer. 1,000 Membership Rewards points = 750 Flying Blue Miles. If you have already made a redemption, a separate redemption for the same number of points cannot be transferred on the same day. Your Membership Rewards points will be transferred to your Flying Blue account within 3 days upon your request. Other terms, conditions and restrictions apply. Click here for full Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions or call 1-800-668-2639. Small Business Cardmembers, please call 1 888-721-1046. Corporate Cardmembers, please call 1-800-716-6661. 2. You must be a Flying Blue account member in order to transfer your points. You can enrol by visiting https://login.flyingblue.com/enrol/openaccess/flyingblue?locale=nl/en&source=em. If you have any questions about your transfer, please contact the number on the back of your Card. Please note that once your points have been transferred, they cannot be transferred back. Use of your frequent flyer points/miles is subject to the terms and conditions of the program in which they are held. Once you have transferred your Membership Rewards points, they become subject to the Terms and Conditions of the program in which they are held and cannot be transferred back to your Membership Rewards program account. For full program terms and conditions, please visit: https://www.flyingblue.us/kamino/policies/en/ca.
8. You must have a valid Membership Rewards account and an active Asia Miles account to transfer your points. Cardmembers may transfer points to an Asia Miles account held in the Cardmember's name at the rate of 1,000 Membership Rewards points to 750 Asia Miles. A minimum of 1,000 Membership Rewards points is required for each transfer, and transfers must be made in 100 point increments.
9. Membership Rewards point transfers must be made in increments of 100 points, with a minimum
redemption requirement of 1,000 points for each transfer. 1,000 Membership Rewards points = 1,000 Avios. Avios are subject to British Airways Executive Club terms and conditions. For more information please visit ba.com.
10. Membership Rewards point transfers must be made in increments of 100 points. A minimum of
1,000 Membership Rewards points is required to transfer to your Delta SkyMiles® account at the rate of 1,000 Membership Rewards points to 750 Skymiles. A minimum of 1,000 Membership Rewards points is required for each transfer, and transfers must be made in 100-point increments.
11. Membership Rewards point transfers must be made in increments of 100 points.A minimum of 1,000 Membership Rewards points is required to transfer to your Etihad Guest account. If you are not yet an Etihad Guest member you can join now by visiting etihadguest.com and start enjoying the benefits of flying with Etihad Airways.
12. Cardmember may transfer Membership Rewards points to a Hilton Hhonors account held in the Cardmember’s name at the rate of 1,000 Membership Rewards points to 1,000 HHonors Points. A minimum of 1,000 Membership Rewards points is required for each transfer, and transfers must be made in 100-point increments.
1. Redeemed rewards are not refundable, exchangeable, replaceable or transferable for cash or credit. If you have any questions about your transfer, please contact American Express Customer Service by calling the number on back of your card. Small Business Cardmembers may call 1-888-721-1044. Corporate Cardmembers may call 1-800-716-6661.
2. Enrolment in Marriott Bonvoy program is required.
3. American Express is not responsible for availability of accommodations or any other rewards in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
4. Guest rooms are subject to availability. Check award accommodation availability before transferring points by visiting www.marriott.com
5. Once you have transferred Membership Rewards® points, they cannot be transferred back into your Membership Rewards account. The points become subject to the Terms and Conditions of the loyalty program found at https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi
6. *Transfers are normally immediate, but please allow up to 48 hours for the transfer to be completed.
7. Please note that points cannot be redeemed for bookings until they have been credited to your loyalty program account.
8. Taxes, fees, charges and surcharges may apply.
9. All redemption bookings are subject to the terms and conditions of the Loyalty Program found at https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi
10. Some travel related insurance benefits that may be included with your Card may not provide coverage for trips purchased with points from a third party rewards program. Please refer to the terms and limitations outlined in your insurance certificates for more details. To purchase additional coverage, please visit: AMEX Travel Insurance.
®* : For trademark ownership details see: americanexpress.ca/aeroplantrademarks