Whether you are looking to book a flight at a fixed points rate or use your points to
offset some (or all!) of your travel purchases charged to your card your points can be your best travel companion.
Transfer Points to our Partner Loyalty Programs
Enjoy more ways to travel the world. Transfer your Membership Rewards points to one of our Partner Loyalty Programs4.
Have any questions? See our FAQS
1. You can redeem a fixed number of points to cover the base ticket price of eligible flights up to the applicable maximum base ticket price.
The base ticket price (often referred to by airlines as the base fare) excludes taxes, fees and carrier surcharges. You will be charged for these additional costs and any dollar amount that exceeds the applicable maximum base ticket price. The Fixed Points Travel Program applies to airfares offered through American Express Travel Services Canada or on americanexpress.ca/travel.
When you redeem points for an eligible flight, the full cost of the flight, including taxes, fees and carrier surcharges will be charged to your Card upon booking. Within 5-10 business days from the date of booking, you will receive a statement credit for the base ticket price up to the applicable maximum base ticket price. If your statement monthly cycle cut date falls between the date the transaction is recorded on your statement and the date the statement credit is processed, you will be responsible for paying your monthly statement in full. The statement credit will be applied against your next statement.
Full terms and conditions for the Fixed Points Travel Program can be found at americanexpress.ca/fixedpointstravel.
2. Membership Rewards points are accepted as payment for a wide range of travel options through American Express Travel Services. Membership Rewards points can be used to pay for new travel purchases, including taxes and surcharges. Membership
Rewards points are not refundable. Membership Rewards points have no cash value. Travel selections are based on available space and are subject to terms and conditions of travel suppliers. For car rental companies and hotels that do not accept prepaid bookings, contact American Express Travel Services at 1-800-668-9147 or (416) 868-1888 for details about how you can use your Membership Rewards points. In order to redeem points for any travel booking, the Membership Rewards Program account must be active and the Card must be in good standing. If the American Express Installment Program applies to you and you also redeem points for one or more transactions, the Installment Program will take precedence and the credit will apply to your account in the regular course. This could result in you having a credit balance on your account. If you want to reduce the credit balance, you can cancel any active installment plans you may have. See the Installment Program terms and conditions in your Cardmember Agreement for details, if applicable. Bookings are also subject to American Express Travel Terms and Conditions. To view these please visit americanexpress.ca/termsandconditions.
3. You can redeem Membership Rewards points for a statement credit towards an Eligible Travel Purchase charged to an Eligible Card. You must redeem a minimum of 1,000 points per redemption. Redemption rates may vary by Eligible Card. Statement credits on your Card Account should not exceed the aggregate amount of the Eligible Purchase(s) on your Eligible Card. You can register for online services to view your Eligible Purchases and to redeem online. Only Eligible Purchases posted to your Card Account during the last 3 months, up to 150 most recent Eligible Purchases, will be displayed for redemption. If you wish to redeem points towards an Eligible Purchase within the last 12 months that is not displayed online, please contact us at the number listed on the back of your Card.
For full Membership Rewards Program Terms and Conditions, visit membershiprewards.ca or call 1-800-668-AMEX (2639). Small Business Cardmembers, please call 1-888-721-1046.
The Use Points for Purchases Program is not available for Corporate Cardmembers.
4. Point transfer ratios vary by participant and transfers can take up to 5 days. Other terms apply. Visit membershiprewards.ca for details.
5. Membership Rewards point transfers must be made in increments of 100 points, with a minimum redemption requirement of 1,000 points for each transfer. 1,000 Membership Rewards points = 1,000 Aeroplan Miles. Other terms, conditions and restrictions apply. Visit membershiprewards.ca for full Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions.
6. Use of your frequent flyer points/miles is subject to the terms and conditions of the program in which they are held. 1,000 Membership Rewards points = 750 MilleMiglia Miles. A minimum of 1,000 points must be transferred each time and in increments of 100 points. For full program terms and conditions, please visit: www.alitalia.com.
7. You must have a valid Membership Rewards account and an active Asia Miles account to transfer your points. Cardmembers may transfer points to an Asia Miles account held in the Cardmember's name at the rate of 1,000 Membership Rewards points to 750 Asia Miles. A minimum of 1,000 Membership Rewards points is required for each transfer, and transfers must be made in 100 point increments.
8. Membership Rewards point transfers must be made in increments of 100 points, with a minimum redemption requirement of 1,000 points for each transfer. 1,000 Membership Rewards points = 1,000 Avios. Avios are subject to British Airways Executive Club terms and conditions. For more information please visit ba.com.
9. Membership Rewards point transfers must be made in increments of 100 points. A minimum of 1,000 Membership Rewards points is required to transfer to your Delta SkyMiles® account at the rate of 1,000 Membership Rewards points to 750 Skymiles. A minimum of 1,000
Membership Rewards points is required for each transfer, and transfers must be made in 100-point increments.
10. Membership Rewards point transfers must be made in increments of 100 points.A minimum of 1,000 Membership Rewards points is required to transfer to your Etihad Guest account. If you are not yet an Etihad Guest member you can join now by visiting etihadguest.com and start enjoying the benefits of flying with Etihad Airways.
11. Cardmember may transfer Membership Rewards points to a Hilton Hhonors account held in the Cardmember’s name at the rate of 1,000 Membership Rewards points to 1,000 HHonors Points. A minimum of 1,000 Membership Rewards points is required for each transfer, and transfers must be made in 100-point increments.
1. Redeemed rewards are not refundable, exchangeable, replaceable or transferable for cash or credit. If you have any questions about your
transfer, please contact American Express Customer Service by calling the number on back of your Card. Small Business Cardmembers may call 1-888-721-1046. Corporate Cardmembers may call 1-800-716-6661.
2. Enrolment in Starwood Preferred Guest®, Marriott Rewards or The Ritz-Carlton Rewards is required.
3. American Express is not responsible for availability of accommodations or any other rewards in the Starwood Preferred Guest®, Marriott Rewards or The Ritz-Carlton Rewards programs.
4. Guest rooms are subject to availability. Check award accommodation availability before transferring points by visiting www.spg.com www.marriott.com www.ritzcarlton.com
5. Once you have transferred Membership Rewards® points, they cannot be transferred back into your Membership Rewards account. The points become subject to the Terms and Conditions of their respective loyalty program or succession program thereto found at https://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/legal/spg_terms.html or https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/default.mi
6. Please allow up to 5 business days for the transfer to be completed.
7. Please note that points cannot be redeemed for bookings until they have been credited to your loyalty program account.
8. Taxes, fees, charges and surcharges may apply.
9. All redemption bookings are subject to the terms and conditions of the Loyalty Program found at www.starwoodhotels.com or at www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
®*Aeroplan is a registered trademark of Aimia Canada Inc.