Do more for your business with rewards
Experience premium hotel privileges worldwide
Enjoy premium travel privileges from takeoff to touchdown
Travel with confidence
Upgrade to The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
for only $499 annually
* Basic and Supplementary Card fees may be tax deductible in Canada, if used solely for business purposes; please consult your tax professional.
*As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full. Payments must be received and processed by the date of the next monthly statement to avoid interest charges.
1. Welcome Bonus – To qualify for a Welcome Bonus of 75,000 points you must have at least $7,000 in net purchases posted to your account in your first 3 months of Cardmembership. Account must be in good standing. This offer is not applicable to holders of an existing American Express Small Business Card product. When we stop offering the Welcome Bonus, we reserve the right to accept applications but you will not be eligible for the Welcome Bonus.
2. Earn Rate – Earn 1.25 points for every $1.00 in eligible purchases charged to your Card. Account must be in good standing. Membership Rewards points will be earned by the Basic Cardmember on the amount of all purchases, less credits and adjustments. Interest charges, annual fees, other fees and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for Membership Rewards points.
3. Fixed Points Travel Program – You can redeem a fixed number of points to cover the base ticket price of eligible flights up to the applicable maximum base ticket price. The base ticket price (often referred to by airlines as the base fare) excludes taxes, fees and carrier surcharges. You will be charged for these additional costs and any dollar amount that exceeds the applicable maximum base ticket price. The Fixed Points Travel Program applies to airfares offered through American Express Travel Services Canada or on americanexpress.ca/travel. When you redeem points for an eligible flight, the full cost of the flight, including taxes, fees and carrier surcharges will be charged to your Card upon booking. Within 5-10 business days from the date of booking, you will receive a statement credit for the base ticket price up to the applicable maximum base ticket price. If your statement monthly cycle cut date falls between the date the transaction is recorded on your statement and the date the statement credit is processed, you will be responsible for paying your monthly statement in full. The statement credit will be applied against your next statement. Full terms and conditions for the Fixed Points Travel Program can be found at americanexpress.ca/fixedpointstravel. The Fixed Points Travel Program is not available for Corporate Cardmembers.
Flexible Points Travel Program - Membership Rewards points are accepted as payment for a wide range of travel options through American Express Travel Services. Membership Rewards points can be used to pay for new travel purchases, including taxes and surcharges. Membership Rewards points are not refundable. Membership Rewards points have no cash value. Travel selections are based on available space and are subject to terms and conditions of travel suppliers. For car rental companies and hotels that do not accept prepaid bookings, contact American Express Travel Services at 1-800-668-9147 or (416) 868-1888 for details about how you can use your Membership Rewards points.
In order to redeem points for any travel booking, the Membership Rewards Program account must be active and the Card must be in good standing.
If a transaction is eligible for participation in the American Express Installment Program and you also redeem points for that transaction, the Installment Program will take precedence and the credit will apply to your account in the regular course. This could result in you having a credit balance on your account. If you want to reduce the credit balance you can remove the transaction from the Installment Program. See Installment Program terms and conditions for details.
Bookings are also subject to American Express Travel Terms and Conditions. To view these please visit americanexpress.ca/termsandconditions.
4. Use Points for Purchases – You can redeem Membership Rewards points for a statement credit towards an Eligible Purchase charged to an Eligible Card. You must redeem a minimum of 1,000 Points per redemption. Redemption rates may vary by Eligible Card. Statement credits on your Card Account should not exceed the aggregate amount of the Eligible Purchase(s) on your Eligible Card. You can register for online services to view your Eligible Purchases and to redeem online. Only Eligible Purchases posted to your Card Account during the last 3 months, up to 150 most recent Eligible Purchases will be displayed for redemption. If you wish to redeem points towards an Eligible Purchase within the last 12 months that is not displayed online, please contact us at the number listed on the back of your Card.
5. Membership Rewards points can be redeemed for gift cards, certificates and other merchandise. The gift card or certificate is subject to the Terms and Conditions indicated on the reward. For full Membership Rewards Terms & Conditions, visit membershiprewards.ca or call 1-800-668-2639.
6. Marriott Bonvoy™ program – Enrolment into the Marriott Bonvoy™ program is required to receive benefits of Marriott Bonvoy™ Gold Elite status, and may be terminated by Marriott without prior notice. Marriott Bonvoy benefits are subject to change and availability may vary by property. American Express Terms and Conditions apply. Gold Elite status amenities may not be combined with the Fine Hotels & Resorts program. All Marriott Terms and Conditions apply. For complete terms and conditions of the Marriott Bonvoy program, visit www.marriottbonvoy.com/terms. American Express reserves the right to instruct Marriott to cancel your Gold Elite status if you cease to be a Business Platinum Cardmember or your account is not in good standing. Third party bookings through Tour Operators or Online Travel Agencies, including Amex Travel Online, are not eligible for Marriott Bonvoy benefits.
7. Fine Hotels & Resorts – Valid only for new Fine Hotels + Resorts bookings made through Platinum Card Travel Service, Centurion Travel, americanexpress.ca/travel or americanexpress.ca/fhr. Payment must be made with an American Express Card in the Canadian Platinum, Canadian Business Platinum, or Canadian Centurion Member’s name. Available for Canadian cardholders of The Platinum Card®, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, or Centurion® Card from American Express. Platinum, Business Platinum, or Centurion Cardmember must travel on the itinerary booked under FHR reservations to be eligible for benefits described. Limit of one (1) benefit package per room per stay. Benefit package can include Noon check-in, Room upgrade, Daily breakfast for two people, guaranteed 4:00 pm late check-out, plus an additional special benefit. Noon check-in and room upgrade based on availability and provided at check-in. Certain room categories are not eligible for room upgrades. Call Platinum Card Travel Service, or Centurion Travel for details. Breakfast varies by property but will be at minimum a continental breakfast. Additional special benefit varies by property, is subject to change, and cannot be redeemed for cash. FHR cannot be combined with other offers unless indicated. Benefit package expires at check-out. Platinum, Business Platinum, or Centurion Cardmembers may book up to a maximum of three (3) rooms under the FHR Program per stay. Back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same FHR property are considered one stay. In the event the Platinum, Business Platinum, or Centurion Cardmember cancels the reservation(s), FHR rates and benefit package will no longer apply to any remaining reservation(s). Participating Fine Hotels + Resorts properties and benefits are subject to change. Complimentary Wi-Fi is provided in room, with the exception of select properties where In-Room Wi-Fi is included as part of a mandatory daily resort fee or is not available. In these instances complimentary Wi-Fi will be provided in a common space on property. Call Platinum Card Travel Service, or Centurion Travel for property specific details regarding Wi-Fi.
8. THE HOTEL COLLECTION from American Express –Valid at participating hotels for bookings of at least two consecutive nights, booked online through americanexpress.ca/travel (online bookings currently only available to Basic Business Platinum Cardmembers). Payment must be made in full with the Business Platinum Card from American Express Cardmember’s name at time of checkout. The Business Platinum Cardmember must travel on the itinerary booked. The Cardmember can receive a hotel credit upon checkout of up to $100 USD based on qualifying charges charged to the room excluding charges for cost of room, taxes, gratuities and fees. Varies by property and facilities available. The $100 USD credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable by the Eligible Cardmember for cash. Additional exclusions based on specific hotel restrictions may also apply (including without limitation, purchases within the hotel that are unaffiliated and/or owned by third parties) - see hotel front desk for details. Credit cannot be carried over to another stay and expires at check-out. Credit is non-exchangeable and non-refundable and is applied in USD or equivalent in local currency based on exchange rate on day of check-out. May not be combined with other offers or programs unless indicated. Limit one credit per room, per stay. Three-room limit per Cardmember per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. Participating hotels and benefits subject to change.
9. The International Airline Program (the “Program”) offers a complimentary or discounted companion ticket, complimentary upgrade, special class fare or discounted fare on participating airlines to holders of an eligible basic American Express Cards (“Eligible Cards”) as described in this Welcome Brochure or are otherwise identified to you by American Express (“Eligible Cardmember”). In order to take advantage of the Program, the Eligible Cardmember’s account must be active (meaning not cancelled).
10. Global Lounge Collection - Holders of the Business Platinum Card may access participating Canadian and International airport lounges (“Participating Lounges”) on a complimentary basis, upon presentation of the required entry documentation. Participating Lounges may change from time to time. House rules, terms and conditions of Participating Lounges apply. Use of Participating Lounges is subject to availability. Unless otherwise stated, Participating Lounge access cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or benefit and is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
11. Car Rental Services. Hertz – Business Platinum Cardmembers must enroll directly with Hertz to receive Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® Five Star Tier membership (“Membership”). Membership is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions of Hertz which are subject to change without notice. CDP # 633306 must be quoted at time of any reservation. Cardmembers who enroll in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® Five Star Tier Club can receive a one-car class upgrade at participating locations at time of rental. The upgrade is subject to availability and change and is valid on rentals of Compact through Full Size Cars. American Express reserves the right to instruct Hertz to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Business Platinum Cardmember or your account is not in good standing. Benefits vary by market and location of rental, and may be subject to change and availability. Gold Plus Rewards® Five Star Tier membership enrolment is required to enjoy all benefits. Partner Terms and Conditions apply. Visit the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards website for full Terms and Conditions (hertz.ca). Avis – Discounts of between 5% - 25% off the lowest available discounted rate are available on qualifying rentals, at participating Avis locations in Canada and the contiguous U.S. and up to 20% off the lowest available discounted rate at participating locations internationally, upon presentation of AWD # C076700 at time of reservation. The discount received depends on fleet availability, location, type of car rented and seasonality. Discounts apply to time and/or kilometre/mileage charges only and not to any other charges in connection with the rental; such as taxes, Personal Accident Insurance, refueling service charge, drop-off charges and Loss Damage Waiver. Discount is not applicable to pre-pay rates. Certain blackout dates may apply. Offer is subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times; including some online rates at avis.ca. Car rental return restrictions may apply. Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old. Program terms are subject to change without notice. Carey - Carey vehicles are designed for maximum comfort, including extra leg room, climate controls and other amenities to help you do business on the road. Carey offers a 10% discount* to Business Platinum Cardmembers. To take advantage of the discount, booking must be made through Platinum Card Travel Service at 1-866-801-4302. *Service fees may apply. Fees will vary according to the type of service requested.
12. Concierge Services – From booking a conference room, making restaurant reservations, and a host of other personalized services, call your Business Platinum Concierge at 1-866-255-1815. Upon authorization by the Business Platinum Card member, Concierge uses its best efforts to source or arrange the purchase of requested goods or services from a supplier. There is no charge for using the services of Concierge, however the Cardmember will be responsible for paying the supplier for any purchases and/or shipping charges you authorize, as well as any other fees or related costs that may apply. Amex Bank of Canada cannot be responsible for the acts or omissions of suppliers, and cannot guarantee successful fulfillment of Cardmember requests in all instances.
13. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. You may contact the insurerat 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca.
14. Underwritten by Chubb Life Insurance Company of Canada (“Chubb Life”). You may contact the insurer at 1-877-777-1544 in Canada or visit www.chubb.com/ca.
15. Not an insurance coverage. Fees may apply after initial call depending on the course of treatment. Please consult your StandbyMDSM Terms and Conditions for full details.
† All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read Certificates of Insurance carefully.
SM: StandbyMDSM is a Service Mark of Healthcare Concierge Services, Inc. All rights reserved.
®, TM: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.