American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Since 1997, American Express has partnered with a select group of leading banks and financial institutions around the world to issue American Express-branded products and acquire merchants on the American Express merchant network. By leveraging its licensing partnerships, global infrastructure and the powerful appeal of the brand, American Express has gained even broader reach for its network worldwide.
The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd launched its American Express® Card Service in 2008. Under its agreement with American Express, The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd is authorised to issue American Express-branded products and sign up merchants to accept American Express Card transactions in Mauritius. The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd is responsible for managing all aspects related to the American Express-branded products it issues under its license with American Express.
The American Express name and logo, as well as the imagery and design of the American Express® Cards and other content featured in this site are trademarks and intellectual property of the American Express. The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd’s use of American Express trademarks and domain name is pursuant to a license agreement.
The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd requires that all the visitors to our site(s) on the World Wide Web that mention(s) American Express-branded products and service (the "Site") adhere to the following rules and regulations. By accessing the Site you indicate your acknowledgment and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. SITE OWNERSHIP
The Site is owned and controlled by The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd. American Express Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates ("American Express") have no responsibility or liability for the Site.
2. LAWS AND REGULATIONS
User access to and use of the Site is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
The trademarks, logos and service marks ("Marks") displayed on the Site are the property of The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd, American Express and other parties. Users are prohibited from using any Marks without the written permission of The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd, American Express or such third party that may own the Marks. All content on the Site is protected by copyright. Users are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, transmitting, displaying, publishing, selling, licensing, creating derivative works or using any content on the Site for commercial or public purposes.
4. NO WARRANTIES
ALL INFORMATION ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OF IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SECURITY OR ACCURACY. The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd and American Express do not endorse and are not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made through the Site by any party other than statements they make themselves. Under no circumstance will American Express be liable for any loss or damage caused by a user's reliance on information obtained through the Site. It is the responsibility of the user to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through the Site. Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific information, opinion, advice, or other content.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd and American Express specifically disclaim any liability (whether based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise) for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with access to or use of the Site, (even if The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd or American Express have been advised of the possibility of such damages) including liability associated with any viruses which may infect a user's computer equipment.
6. CONFIDENTIALITY OF USER COMMUNICATIONS
Except as required by law, The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd will maintain the confidentiality of all user communications which contain personal user information and which are transmitted directly to The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd. Postings by a user on any message board or in any chat room will not be protected as confidential and The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd may use and provide information contained in any such postings (including any ideas, concepts, know-how or other intellectual property) to any of its parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates or to American Express for any purpose whatsoever and as deemed appropriate by The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd, subject to applicable law.
7. LINKED INTERNET SITES
The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd and American Express are not responsible for the content available on any other Internet sites linked to the Site. Access to any other Internet sites linked to the Site is at the user's own risk.
[For use in connection with message boards or chat rooms on the Site.] The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd and American Express are under no obligation to review any messages, information or content (“Postings”) posted on the Site by users and assume no responsibility or liability relating to any such Postings. Notwithstanding the above, The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd may from time to time monitor the Postings on the Site and may decline to accept and/or remove any Postings that contain:
a. Any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
b. Advertisements or solicitations of any kind. [Note: This is not applicable for those Sites with message boards containing classified advertisements.]
c. Messages posted by users impersonating others.
d. Personal information such as messages which state phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references.
e. Messages by non-spokesperson employees of The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd or American Express purporting to speak on behalf of The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd or American Express. f. Messages that offer unauthorised downloads of any copyrighted or private information.
g. Multiple messages placed within individual folders by the same user restating the same point. h. Chain letters of any kind.
9. TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL DATA
[For use in connection with Sites through which proprietary Cardmember/Customer account data may be transmitted.] User acknowledges and agrees that by providing The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd with any personal or proprietary user information through the Site, user consents to the transmission of such personal or proprietary user information over international borders as necessary for processing in accordance with The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd's standard business practices.
10. CHANGES TO RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd reserves the right to revise the Rules and Regulations at any time and users are deemed to be apprised of and bound by any changes to these Rules and Regulations (except for those provisions concerning American Express).
11. VIOLATIONS OF RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd and American Express reserve the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of these Rules and Regulations, including the right to block access from a particular Internet address to the Site.
12. ACCESS TO PASSWORD PROTECTED/SECURE AREAS
Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Site is restricted to authorised users only. Unauthorised individuals attempting to access these areas of the Site may be subject to prosecution.
Rules, Regulations and Disclaimers for American Express Internet World Wide Web Sites American Express Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates ("American Express") requires that all the visitors to our site(s) on the World Wide Web (the "Site") adhere to the following rules and regulations. By accessing the Site you indicate your acknowledgment and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. Collection: We will only collect personal data that is needed and by lawful and fair means.
2. Notice and Processing: Where it is not apparent from the products or services you require or the nature of your relationship with us, we will tell you how your personal data will be processed and which companies in the American Express Group are responsible for that processing. We will process your personal data fairly and only for those purposes we have told you, for purposes permitted by you or as permitted by applicable law. In addition, you may object to certain types of processing as expressly permitted by applicable law.
3. Choice: We give customers the option of having their personal data included or removed from lists used for marketing as required by applicable law. This includes product and service offers from American Express and those made in conjunction with our business partners. Of course, each of our businesses will continue to send customers information about the products or services they receive from that business.
4. Data Quality: We use appropriate technology and well-defined employee practices to process your personal data promptly and accurately. We will not keep your personal data longer than is necessary, except as otherwise required by applicable law.
5. Security and Confidentiality: We will keep your personal data confidential and limit access to your personal data to those who specifically need it to conduct their business activities, except as otherwise permitted by applicable law. We refer to industry standards and use reasonable administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure. We require industry standard data security measures from those third parties who are authorised by us to process your personal data on our behalf.
6. Data Sharing: We only share your personal data with third parties where it is necessary to provide you with products or services or as part of the nature of our relationship with you, where we have previously informed or been authorised by you, in connection with our efforts to reduce fraud or criminal activity, or as permitted by law.
7. Openness and Data Access: If you ask, we will inform you about how your personal data is processed and the rights and remedies you have under these Principles. You may inquire as to the nature of the personal data stored or processed about you by American Express. You will be provided access as is required by law in your country, regardless of the location of the data processing and storage. If any data is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request that the data be amended.
8. International Transfer: Where it is not apparent from the international products or services you require or the nature of your relationship with us, we will inform you if your personal data may be transferred outside of your country and ensure that such transfer is only performed in accordance with applicable law. Regardless of where your personal data is transferred, your personal data is protected by these Principles.
9. Responsibility: Each company in the American Express Group and their employees may only process your personal data in accordance with these Principles. We conduct training and reviews of our compliance with these Principles. Employees who violate these Principles may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal. Employees are expected to report violation of these Principles, and may do so to their managers or HR managers, to their business unit's compliance officer, to the legal department, to the Privacy Office or to the company's Office of the Ombudsperson.
10. Accountability: You may enforce these Principles in your country against any company in the American Express Group that is responsible for your personal data, as a third party contractual beneficiary to these Principles. If you have a complaint that we have breached these Principles and have attempted in good faith to resolve the complaint through our customer service process or employee complaints process, but the complaint was not resolved by us within a reasonable amount of time, then you may enforce these Principles against us. If you complain to your local data protection authority and the data protection authority finds that we have breached these Principles, we will abide by the findings of the data protection authority, but we reserve the right to challenge or appeal such findings. These Principles do not affect any rights you have under applicable law, the requirements of any applicable regulatory data protection authority, or any other type of agreement that you may have with us.
For further details and information on MCB American Express Credit Cards, please visit any of the more than 42 MCB branches in Mauritius or call our customer service line on 800 2221.
At any time, day or night you can contact us for medical, legal or travel assistance by calling 800 2221
If you would like to accept American Express Cards or if you want to find out about the many benefits of accepting our Cards please visit the Merchants page on this website or contact American Express Merchant Services at 202 6000