Creating a Dependent Merchant ID
To create a Dependent Merchant ID, you will need to provide information about the Account and ownership. You can choose from one of the following options about your company:
- It is a merchant ID that is owned by my company
- A company owned affiliation is Merchant ID that is owned by the same company and/or same owner
- It is a franchise location that is part of a chain
- A Franchise affiliation is a Merchant ID that belongs to a chain of stores. The business owner is paying a franchise fee to the franchise. The DBA name will be the same as the Franchise CAP
- I want to create a location that is company-owned, but also franchise operated
- A Merchant ID which is linked to both Company Owned CAP and Franchise CAP is dual affiliated location.
If you choose “It is a Merchant ID that is owned by my company,” you can continue adding business and financial information.
If you choose “It is a franchise location that is part of a chain” or “Create a location that is company-owned, but also franchise operated,” you will need to begin an online chat or call a customer service professional at 1-800-528-5200 (Mon – Fri, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm EST) to continue the process.