How to prevent identity theft:
Keep your Card safe
- Never let anyone else use your Card.
- Sign the back of new Cards straight away.
- Always destroy expired Cards.
- Let us know as soon as you can if your Card has been lost or stolen.
Use a mobile wallet
- Mobile wallets such as Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay require fingerprint authorization and don't keep your Card details stored on your device (or shared with merchants).
- They provide an extra layer of protection. Be sure not to let anyone else register their fingerprint or face recognition to your phone, and don't share your phone passcodes.
Protect your PIN
- Choose a PIN that's hard to guess (e.g. not your date of birth).
- Never write down your PIN or keep it with your Card.
- Don't share your PIN.
- Shield your PIN whenever you use it.