Representative APR (variable)
Purchase rate (variable)
Assumed credit limit
Credit Card with a variable credit limit
Enjoy a generous 5% cashback on all purchases you make for 3 months up to £125 cashback.1 The only hard part is choosing what you’re going to turn all that cashback into.
After the first three months of Cardmembership you’ll earn up to 1.25% cashback, depending on how much you spend on the card:
Spend £0 to £10,000 and receive 1% cashback on all purchases
Spend over £10,001 and receive 1.25% cashback on all purchases2
World class service
Offering travel and shopping protection benefits.3
Complimentary Supplementary Cards
Generate even more cashback for your Account with complimentary Supplementary Cards. Subject to application and approval.4
To save time before applying for your Platinum Cashback Credit Card, it’s best to make sure you can say yes to the following:
- I am aged 18 or over
- I have a current UK bank or building society account
- I have a permanent UK home address
- I have no history of bad debt
Introductory offers are not available if you currently hold or have held any other Platinum Cashback American Express Credit Cards in the past six months.
If you've said yes to all of these, then step this way.
Terms and Conditions
1. For the Platinum Cashback Credit Card, 5% cashback will be payable to you by us on virtually all your purchases made in the first three months of Cardmembership up to £125. Introductory offers are not available if you currently hold or have held any other Platinum Cashback American Express Cards in the past six months. Any cashback from introductory offers will be credited to your Account in your card anniversary month. Your Card anniversary month is the one month period each year following the date on which your Account was opened.
2. Cashback is earned on nearly every full £1 spent on each purchase. The value of each purchase will be rounded down to the nearest full £1 before Cashback is calculated. Cashback will be payable to you by us at , 1% on spend up to £10,000; 1.25% on spend over £10,001. Cashback will be paid by crediting your account during each Card anniversary month on the expenditure that has taken place during the preceding twelve months. Cashback is not earned on Balance Transfers, Cash Advances, American Express® Travellers™ Cheques, Foreign Exchange transactions, interest, any spending in excess of your credit limit, charges for returned payments, late payment or referral charges and American Express Credit Card finance charges.
3.* Terms and Conditions apply. Please see the Insurance Terms and Conditions for full details. Please read this to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply. American Express Services Europe Limited (AESEL) is authorised in the United Kingdom by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009 (reference number 415532) for the provision of payment services. Registered in England and Wales with company number 1833139 at: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom. AESEL is, for insurance mediation activities only, an Appointed Representative of American Express Insurance Services Europe Limited (reference number 311684) who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Details can be found on the Financial Services Register by visiting fca.org.uk/registerOpens in a new window
4. Supplementary Cards allow you to share the benefits of your American Express Card with others close to you. You will be the main Cardholder and will be liable for all charges made on the Supplementary Card(s). Additional Cardmembers and applicants must be 18 years or over. Written details available on request.