Earn Velocity Points on your everyday
spend and tick more places off your list
With the ability to earn Velocity Points1 for every dollar you spend on your Velocity American Express Card, getting to that dream destination has never been easier. And the best thing is, no matter what your monthly spending is, there’s no cap on the amount of Velocity Points you can earn.
Earn Velocity Points faster
Add Additional Cards to your Account for family members at no extra cost2, and the points they earn will be credited to your Velocity Frequent Flyer account. Learn more about all the ways you can boost your Velocity Points balance.
Take off sooner with Velocity Points
Whenever you use a Velocity American Express Card to make purchases, your Velocity Points will transfer automatically to your Velocity Frequent Flyer account each month. It’s a great way to keep the points ticking over and the rewards coming faster. Learn more about earning Velocity points.
So many ways to use your Velocity Points
Velocity offers great choice and flexibility when it comes to redeeming your Velocity Points. You can choose to redeem your Velocity Points for flights around Australia, flight upgrades, accommodation, or products via the Velocity Rewards Store. And when the time is right, you’ll be able to travel to your favourite locations overseas with Virgin Australia and Velocity’s international airline partners.
See where your points can take you
Virgin Australia one way Economy reward seat Sydney to Melbourne for 7,800 Points plus taxes, fees and carrier charges of $23.39
Virgin Australia one way Economy reward seat Melbourne to Auckland for 17,800 Points plus taxes, fees and carrier charges of $116.61
Virgin Australia one way Economy reward seat Brisbane to LA for 44,800 Points plus taxes, fees and carrier charges of $116.61
All redemptions are quoted based on one way Ecomomy Reward Seats, are subject to availability and to the Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions, and must be booked on the Velocity webisite. Quoted redemption booking details are correct as at Sept 2018 and are subject to change3.
Velocity Partner Airlines
Virgin Australia's global network of airline partners means you can use your Velocity Points to fly virtually anywhere in the world. Partner airlines include Singapore Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Delta and Etihad.
Make your trip even more memorable
When you travel, you’ll enjoy the following protection with an American Express Velocity Card:
Plus, if you’re an American Express Velocity Platinum Card Member, you also enjoy:
We’re just a phone call away
Wherever you are in the world, we’ll be here for you 24/7. Just call our Customer Centre on 1300 132 639, or +61 2 9271 8666, anywhere in the world.
A complimentary Virgin Australia return Economy
domestic flight after your first Card purchase each year8
2 complimentary Virgin Australia Lounge passes6
Two entries to The Centurion® Lounge each calendar year 7
Complimentary domestic and international Travel Insurance4
Earn Velocity Points on your everyday spend1
No annual fee
Card Purchase Cover and Card Refund Cover4
Earn Velocity Points on your everyday spend1
Get the lowdown on Card limits, interest rates, fees and the benefits of travelling outside of Australia with your American Express Card.
From money-saving ideas to travel inspiration and daily life tips, get inspired to do great things and make your life more rewarding.
Everyone’s different, so you need a Card that has benefits that best suit your lifestyle.
Choose the Card with benefits that best suit you.
As an American Express Card Member, you get to enjoy travel benefits that take you further, points that are more rewarding and services that open more doors around the world.
1. Velocity Points. As long as your Account remains current and in good standing. Velocity Points are earned in accordance with the American Express Velocity Cards Points Terms and Conditions available here and are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer program available here. Exclusions apply. Eligible purchases do not include annual Card fees, cash advances, interest, balance transfers, fees and charges for traveller’s cheques and foreign currencies. These do not earn Velocity Points. For the full list of exclusions, please refer to the American Express Velocity Cards Points Terms and Conditions available here. Certain transactions will earn 0.5 points per dollar with Merchants classified as; 'government', including the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation (Australia Post), federal/state and local government bodies. Industry specific earn rate may apply when you use a payment account, payment aggregator, services of a third party or online retailers that sell goods for another merchant. For example, a payment made to Local Government bodies processed through payment aggregator may earn rates at the government earn rate. The additional Velocity Point earned per $1 spent applies only to Virgin Australia purchases made in Australia.
2. Additional Card Members. Additional Card Members must be 16 years of age or over. The Primary Card Member will be liable to pay for all transactions made by Additional Card Members. Earning of points is subject to the terms and conditions of the Rewards Program the Primary Card Member is actively enrolled. All points earned on Additional Card Member spend will go to the Primary Card Members Account. The Primary Card Member cannot add an Additional Card under their own name or email address and cannot add an Additional card under the name or email address of a previously approved Additional Card application on the Account.
3. Velocity Reward Seats. The quoted redemption fares are correct as at 16 January 2020 and are subject to change. Fares are subject to availability, and seats are limited and may not be available at peak times or on all flights. Price is based on a return economy Reward Seat fare and must be booked on the Velocity website. Taxes, fees and carrier charges are payable in addition to Velocity Points redeemed and are not eligible for Points earn. Price may vary until ticketed. All payments made by debit/credit card are subject to a payment surcharge. For Rewards Seat bookings on: (i) Virgin Australia operated flights; (ii) Delta Air Lines operated and marketed flights between Sydney and Los Angeles; or, (iii) Etihad Airways operated flights, a carrier charge will apply, view more information here. Add $40 or 5,200 Points for international short haul bookings or $70 or 8,800 Points for international long haul booking per person for bookings made on the phone. A checked baggage allowance is included in your fare, view Reward Seat Baggage Allowances for details. Name changes are not permitted. Other changes, refunds and cancellation are permitted prior to travel and may incur a fee and any applicable fare difference. You may also be entitled to a refund under the Australian Consumer Law in certain circumstances. View the Velocity Rewards Seat fare rules for more information. Some flights may be operated by a partner airline. Different baggage allowances and conditions may apply to these flights. Full terms and conditions at velocityfrequentflyer.com.
4. Velocity American Express Card Insurance.
Velocity Platinum Card Insurance: The insurance on American Express Cards is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits). You must use your American Express Velocity Platinum Credit Card to pay for your trip in order to be covered under the travel insurance and pay for eligible items for those items to be covered under the retail insurance benefits. It is important you read the American Express Velocity Platinum Credit Card Insurance Terms and Conditions and consider whether the insurance is right for you. We do not provide advice about the insurance or whether it is appropriate for your objectives, financial situation or needs. This insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy of insurance held by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313). Access to this insurance is provided solely by reason of the statutory operation of section 48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). Card Members are not a party to the group policy, do not have an agreement with Chubb and cannot vary or cancel the cover. American Express is not the insurer, does not guarantee or hold the rights under the group policy on trust for Card Members and does not act on behalf of Chubb or as its agent. American Express is not an Authorised Representative (under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)) of Chubb.
Velocity Escape Card Insurance: The insurance on American Express Cards is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits). You must use your American Express Velocity Escape Credit Card to pay for eligible items for those items to be covered under the retail insurance benefits. It is important you read the American Express Velocity Escape Credit Card Insurance Terms and Conditions and consider whether the insurance is right for you. We do not provide advice about the insurance or whether it is appropriate for your objectives, financial situation or needs. This insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy of insurance held by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313). Access to this insurance is provided solely by reason of the statutory operation of section 48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). Card Members are not a party to the group policy, do not have an agreement with Chubb and cannot vary or cancel the cover. American Express is not the insurer, does not guarantee or hold the rights under the group policy on trust for Card Members and does not act on behalf of Chubb or as its agent. American Express is not an Authorised Representative (under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)) of Chubb.
5. Lost/Stolen Card. If your Credit Card is lost or stolen, you must report it immediately. You can call American Express 24 hours a day. In Australia, call us on 1300 363 687. If you are overseas, report your lost or stolen Card to the nearest American Express Travel Service or Representative Office. Once you have notified us, you are not liable for any unauthorised charges.
6. Virgin Australia Lounge. Two Single Entry passes to the Virgin Australia lounge will be activated on the Primary Card Member's Velocity Membership Card annually on or after each annual Card fee renewal date. Virgin Australia lounge entry passes are subject to the American Express Velocity Platinum Card Benefits Terms and Conditions. Single entry passes are valid for 12 months from the date of issue. The Virgin Australia Lounge is operated by Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd in selected domestic airports in accordance with the Virgin Australia Lounge Terms and Conditions, and Lounge Rules as amended from time to time. Visit the Virgin Australia website for up-to-date information on Virgin Australia’s Lounge network.
7. The Centurion® Lounge.
Entry into The Centurion® Lounge is governed by the full Terms and Conditions available at amex.com.au/airportlounge. All entrants must adhere to the General Conditions of Entry. American Express Velocity Platinum Card Members are entitled to a total of two (2) entries into The Centurion® Lounges in Australia per calendar year (1 January to 31 December). Complimentary access is available for the Card Member’s children 17 years and younger. Card Members wishing to bring additional guests may be subject to a charge that is to be processed on the Card Member's American Express Card.
8. Complimentary Flight. The complimentary domestic economy Virgin Australia return flight is only available between selected Australian cities and is available for booking by American Express Velocity Platinum Card Members after your first Card spend in the first year, and then after your first Card spend each year after the anniversary of your Membership. All flights are subject to availability and neither Virgin Australia nor American Express guarantees that seats or tickets will be available on the dates or at the times you may wish to fly. Seat availability may be limited to certain dates and/or flights and it may be more difficult to book seats around public holidays, school holidays or special events. Some flights may not have any seats available for redemption. Route availability is subject to change without notice. All travel is subject to the American Express Velocity Platinum Card Benefits Terms and Conditions available here and travel is subject to Virgin Australia Conditions of Carriage available at virginaustralia.com.