1. Velocity Points. As long as your account remains current and in good standing. Velocity Points are earned in accordance with the American Express Velocity Cards Points Terms and Conditions available here. Exclusions apply. Eligible purchases do not include cash advances, interest, balance transfers, fees and charges for traveller’s cheques and foreign currencies. These do not earn Velocity Points. For the full list of exclusions, please refer to the American Express Velocity Cards Points Terms and Conditions available here. Certain transactions will earn 0.5 points per dollar with Merchants classified as; "government", including the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation (Australia Post), federal/state and local government bodies. The additional Velocity Point earned per $1 spent applies only to Virgin Australia purchases made in Australia.
2. Additional Card Members. Additional Card Members must be 18 years of age or older. You will be liable for all spending on Supplementary Cards.
3. Velocity Rewards. Seats are limited and may not be available at peak times or on all flights. Name changes are not permitted. Bookings can be changed/cancelled by paying the fee and any applicable fare difference in accordance with the applicable fare restrictions, as published on our website on the day you request your change. For current change and cancel fees see Virgin Australia's Fees and Surcharges page. For a redemption booking, the payment amount will comprise of taxes or, where the total cash component of a booking exceeds $50 and this amount is paid for by credit card or debit card, the payment amount will comprise of taxes and a Booking and Service fee. Add a Booking and Service Fee when paying by credit card or debit card ($7.70 per person per booking for Virgin Australia domestic flights. $10 per person per booking for Virgin Australia international short-haul flights and $30 per person per booking for Virgin Australia international long-haul flights and flights operated by partner airlines). Add a Membership Contact Centre fee for bookings by phone ($35 or 4,500 Points per person per booking for Virgin Australia domestic bookings or Virgin Australia international short haul bookings and $60 or 7,500 Points per person for Virgin Australia international long haul bookings or Airline Partner bookings which can be booked online). For customers wishing to book a Reward Seat for travel on Etihad Airways operated flights, an Etihad Airways Carrier Charge will apply. View more information.
4. Velocity American Express Card Insurance. American Express Velocity Card Insurances are underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL 239687) (Chubb) and are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the American Express Velocity Insurance Policy between American Express International Inc (ABN 15 000 618 208, AFSL 237996) (American Express) and Chubb available here for the American Express Velocity Escape Card, and here for the American Express Velocity Platinum Card. This site does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It is important for you to read the Terms and Conditions and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements. Travel Insurance: cover is available when you use your eligible Velocity American Express Card to pay for return domestic or international travel and is subject to terms, conditions, exclusions, maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and limits.
5. Lost/Stolen Card. If your Credit Card is lost or stolen, you must report it immediately. You can call American Express 24 hours a day. In Australia, call us on 1300 363 687. If you are overseas, report your lost or stolen Card to the nearest American Express Travel Service or Representative Office. Once you have notified us, you are not liable for any unauthorised charges.
6. Virgin Australia Lounge. Virgin Australia lounge entry passes are subject to the American Express Velocity Platinum Card Benefits Terms and Conditions available here. Two Single Entry passes to the Virgin Australia lounge will be activated on the Primary Card Member's Velocity membership card annually on or after each annual Card fee renewal date. Single Entry passes are valid for 12 months from the date of issue. The Virgin Australia lounge is operated by Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd in selected domestic airports and entry is subject to the Virgin Australia lounge Terms and Conditions, available here and as amended from time to time.
7. American Express Lounge. Entry into The American Express Lounge is governed by the full Terms and Conditions available at amex.com.au/airportlounge. All entrants must adhere to the General Conditions of Entry. Velocity Platinum American Express Card Members are entitled to a total of two (2) entries into the American Express Lounges in Australia per calendar year (1 January to 31 December). Complimentary access is available for the Card Member's children between the ages of 2-17. Card Members wishing to bring additional guests may be subject to a charge that is to be processed on the Card Member's American Express Card.
8. Virgin Complimentary Flight. The complimentary domestic economy Virgin Australia return flight is only available between selected Australian cities and is available for booking by American Express Velocity Platinum Card Members after your first Card spend in the first year, and then after your first Card spend each year after the anniversary of your Membership. All flights are subject to availability and neither Virgin Australia nor American Express guarantees that seats or tickets will be available on the dates or at the times you may wish to fly. Seat availability may be limited to certain dates and/or flights and it may be more difficult to book seats around public holidays, school holidays or special events. Some flights may not have any seats available for redemption. Route availability is subject to change without notice. All travel is subject to the American Express Velocity Platinum Card Benefits Terms and Conditions available here and travel is subject to Virgin Australia Conditions of Carriage available at virginaustralia.com.
9. Balance Transfer. Offer not available for Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product offered by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 60 day period. Balances may not be transferred from another Credit Card issued by American Express Australia Limited. The promotional balance transfer rate will be eligible for 12 months from the date the Card is approved, after which any remaining balance will revert to the standard rate of interest at that time. The credit plan establishment fee attracts the standard rate of interest. Interest free days do not apply to Balance Transfer balances, and you may be charged interest on other purchases and fees if you do not pay your Closing Balance (including any outstanding balance transfers), in full by the due date each month. We reserve the right to withdraw this offer if your account is not in good standing or we become aware of any adverse credit information. Click here for full Balance Transfer terms and conditions.