1. Insurance. The American Express Gold Card Insurance is subject to terms, conditions, and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) - see the full terms and conditions available here. You must use your American Express Gold Card to pay for your return trip, commencing and ending in Australia, in order to be eligible for the travel insurance in order to be covered under the insurance. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313). Card members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This webpage does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full terms and conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.
2. The Hotel Collection. Valid only for new The Hotel Collection bookings of a minimum of two consecutive nights with participating providers made through American Express Travel Online (americanexpress.com.au/travel or americanexpress.com.au/thc), Platinum Travel Service or Centurion Travel Service. Online bookings currently only available to Primary Card Members. Available only for Eligible Card Members of the following American Express Cards: American Express® Rewards Advantage Card, American Express® Explorer Credit Card, American Express® Platinum Reserve Credit Card, American Express® Gold Card, American Express® Gold Business Card, American Express® Platinum Card, American Express® Business Platinum Card® and American Express® Centurion Card. Excludes Gold Credit Card Members who are not also Australian Rewards Advantage, Gold or Platinum Charge Card Members. Payment must be made in full with an eligible American Express Card in the Card Member’s name. Card Member must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described. You may be able to use Membership Rewards® points on the American Express Travel website as payment towards The Hotel Collection, if the selected hotel and room type provides you the option to prepay in advance. The eligible Card Member will receive the credit as a deduction from the final hotel bill when checking out of the hotel; they will receive $1 for each eligible dollar spent up to US$100. Eligible spend includes dining, spa and resort activities. Eligible spend does not include charges for taxes, gratuities, fees and cost of room. Additional exclusions based on specific hotel restrictions may also apply (including without limitation purchases within the hotel that are unaffiliated and/or owned by third parties) - see hotel front desk for details. Credit must be used in conjunction with initial stay and cannot be carried over to another stay, is not redeemable for cash and expires at check-out. Credit is non-exchangeable and non-refundable and is applied in USD or equivalent in local currency based on exchange rate on day of arrival. Limit one credit per room, per stay. Three-room limit per Card Member per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. If an eligible Card Member cancels their room, any additional rooms will no longer qualify for benefits as the eligible Card Member must be staying at the hotel. Participating providers and benefits subject to change. Taxes, surcharges and additional fees are as supplied by the hotel at the time of reservation; however they are subject to change and will be charged as applicable at the time of settlement of your hotel account. Note that payments made in foreign currencies will be subject to a foreign currency conversion and fee at the time of payment upon departure. A one category room upgrade is based on availability and eligibility at check-in to the hotel.
Eligible Cards are:
• The American Express® Gold Card
• The American Express Explorer® Credit Card
• The American Express® Platinum Reserve Credit Card
• The American Express® Rewards Advantage Card
4. Hertz. Hertz Gold Plus Rewards enrolment is required to access the benefits, please enrol at americanexpress.com.au/benefitenrol. 10% off Hertz's publicly available retail car rental rates excludes Special Offers, and is offered at time of booking at participating Hertz locations worldwide. One car-class upgrade applies to standard vehicles only, on rentals of five consecutive days or more, and is subject to availability. Fee-Waived Additional Driver, must be requested at rental location prior to collection and is subject to meeting Hertz's driving requirements. In all cases, a valid American Express Gold Card must be registered as the form of payment in your Gold Plus Reward membership profile. Benefits are only available for new reservations and Terms Apply - visit the website for full Terms and Conditions Hertz.com/AmexBenefits, Reservations can be made via americanexpress.com.au/travel, Hertz.com.au, or through Hertz worldwide telephone reservations when the member’s Preferred Rewards Gold Card benefits-enabled Gold Plus Rewards membership number is entered prior to completion of the booking