The rate at which you earn and redeem points will change as of 15 April 2019. Please click here for further details.
1. Membership Rewards. Card Members are required to enrol for the Membership Rewards program on an annual basis, annual enrolment fee applies. Only Card Members enrolled in Membership Rewards are eligible to earn and redeem Membership Rewards points. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at membershiprewards.com.au/termsandconditions. Certain transactions will earn 0.5 points per dollar spent at merchants in Australia classified as: “utilities” which are gas, water and electricity providers, “insurance” (excluding insurances offered by American Express), “telecommunications providers” including goods and services purchased from phone, mobile and internet service providers and “government bodies” including the Australian Taxation Office, Australia Post, federal/state and local government bodies.
2. Supplementary Cards. Supplementary Card Members must be 18 years of age or over. The Basic Card Member will be liable for all Supplementary Card spending.
3. Refer a friend. American Express discourages spamming. You should only send referral messages to friends and family who genuinely want to receive them. Subject to 'Refer a Friend' Terms and Conditions available here. In order to be eligible for bonus points, your friend must apply using the referral link you send them. If your friend applies from a separate link or applies independently you will not receive bonus points. You cannot refer a friend who already has one of our Cards or has held one in the last 18 months and you will only receive the Bonus Points if your friend's Card application is approved. You may only send referral messages to a maximum of 20 friends and the amount of Bonus Points you may receive under the ‘Refer a Friend’ program is capped at 200,000 points per year.
4. Points transfer. This is available to primary Card Members enrolled in the Ascent, Business Ascent, Spirit, Ascent Premium and Gateway Membership Rewards program. Qantas Frequent Flyer is only available as partner in Business Ascent and Ascent Premium program. Virgin Atlantic Flying Club is not available as an Airline Transfer Partner in Gateway program. To redeem points, you must be a member of the applicable frequent traveller program. Enrolment in the partner program is solely your responsibility and fees may apply. Points transferred to Airline Transfer Partner are not reversible and is subject to the terms and conditions of the partner programs. The minimum requirement and transfer rate varies. Subject to the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions.
5. American Express Travel Online. You can redeem points for prepaid travel of a nominated value through American Express Travel Online with the point-of-purchase redemption capability. Travel bookings using points may be booked for any person, provided all your accounts are kept in good standing and are not overdue. All travel bookings are subject to availability. Subject to the American Express Travel Online standard booking terms and conditions.
6. Webjet and Helloworld. Minimum redemption amounts apply. You can redeem points for prepaid travel of a nominated value through Webjet.com.au and helloworld with the point-of-purchase redemption capability. Travel bookings using points may be booked for any person, provided all your accounts are kept in good standing and are not overdue. Partner Terms and Conditions apply. Subject to the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions and the partners' booking terms and conditions.
7. Select + Pay with Points. This is available to primary Card Members enrolled in the Membership Rewards program. A minimum of 1,000 Membership Rewards points must be redeemed at any one time. Any credit to your Card Account cannot exceed the amount of the relevant Eligible Charges or the current outstanding balance on your Account. Certain fees and charges are excluded. Points will be debited immediately and the credit can take up to 72 hours to appear online. Credits processed after the Card account’s statement closing date will appear in the following statement. You are still responsible for payment of the amount due on your Card account by the due date. Subject to the Membership Rewards Terms & Conditions at membershiprewards.com.au/termsandconditions.
8. Shop with Points - David Jones. Subject to the terms and conditions of the American Express Membership Rewards program available at membershiprewards.com.au/termsandconditions and the David Jones Terms and Conditions available at davidjones.com.au Terms and conditions apply to all Membership Rewards redemption options and redemption is subject to availability. Subject to your Account being kept in good standing and not overdue. Only American Express Cards issued by American Express Australia Limited are eligible provided they are enrolled in the Membership Rewards program. Supplementary Card Members are not eligible for Shop with Points transactions. The Primary Card must be used to complete the transaction. Minimum redemption amounts apply. The amount of Membership Rewards points required to purchase the item(s) is subject to change at any time. For the David Jones Refund Policy please go to davidjones.com.au/return-policy or for online delivery details and prices go to davidjones.com.au/Delivery-information.
9. Gift Cards. Gift Card or voucher rewards are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash or credit. Normal retailer gift card or voucher conditions apply, refer to the gift card or retailer website for details.