Medical Emergency Expenses Cover
Provides cover for Repatriation/Evacuation, cost of overseas Treatment, emergency dental Treatment and reasonable extra accommodation costs in the event of a Medical Emergency
In an emergency:
You should contact Chubb Assistance as soon as an emergency arises on +61 2 9335 3492 and provide Your American Express Platinum Card number, as much information as possible and a telephone or fax number where You can be contacted. REVERSE CHARGE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM OVERSEAS.
If Your medical condition prevents You from calling, someone else should call on Your behalf, such as a relative, Your travelling companion, nurse or Doctor.
If You do not call Chubb Assistance before seeking emergency medical treatment, or You chose to seek treatment from a medical service not approved by Chubb Assistance, You may be responsible for Your medical expense costs (up to a maximum of $25,000) to the extent that those medical expenses could otherwise have been reduced through preferred medical providers arranged by Chubb Assistance.
- Unlimited cost of Treatment (other than for any medical emergency as a result of an act of Terrorism, which is sub limited to $1,000,000)
- Emergency dental Treatment up to $1,500
- Incidental expenses up to $5,000
- Reasonable extra accommodation cost up to $2,500
In the event of Your death
- Transportation of Your remains to Your Country of Residence; or Cremation and subsequent transportation of Your remains to Your Country of Residence; or
- Local burial up to $15,000
Excess: $250 for each and every claim