You’ll soon be able to enjoy a range of rewards and benefits to enhance your journey every step of the way.
|Card Type:||Charge Card*. No preset spending limit|
$50 for each additional Aeroplan®* Card to share some of your benefits and earn Aeroplan points faster1
|$0 for each additional Aeroplan®* No Fee Card to earn points faster1|
Plus, pay with your American Express Aeroplan Card and present your Aeroplan Membership Card at over 170 Aeroplan partner brands and 120 online retailers via the Aeroplan eStore to earn points twice!7
Enhance your travel experience when you fly with Air Canada.
Aeroplan flight rewards are just the beginning. Aeroplan points can be redeemed for merchandise, gift cards, and much more.
Say hello to American Express Invites®. It opens the door to memorable experiences we think you'll love!
* As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full. Payments must be received and processed by the date of the next monthly statement to avoid interest charges.
†: All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of their respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply.
1. Account must be in good standing. An additional card is a Supplementary Card. Each Supplementary American Express Aeroplan Card: $50 each annually; Supplementary American Express Aeroplan No Fee Card: $0 each annually. Supplementary Cardmembers must be at least 13 years old.
2. A Basic Cardmember or eligible Supplementary Cardmember, and up to eight (8) other passengers traveling on the same reservation (up to a maximum of 9 travellers), are each entitled to a free first checked bag up to 23kg/50lbs. Benefit only applies when checking in with Air Canada, for a flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or under the Air Canada Express brand. Benefit is not available if check-in is with another airline. If the first checked bag is already complimentary (for example, as a result of Aeroplan Elite Status or fare purchased), there is no additional checked bag benefit that will be provided. Free first checked bag benefit may not be applied retroactively, and no refunds will be issued. Service charges for additional/oversized/overweight baggage may apply. For more information on baggage restrictions, please visit www.aircanada.com/baggage.
3. For every $10,000 in eligible purchases (less any returns, credits and adjustments) charged to the card and posted to the card account, Basic Cardmembers will earn 1,000 Status Qualifying Miles (SQM) and 1 Status Qualifying Segment (SQS) which will be deposited in their Aeroplan member account and appear on the next card account billing statement. Please allow at least three (3) days after being earned for the SQM and SQS to be added to your Aeroplan account.SQM and SQS are not redeemable towards Aeroplan rewards and only count toward Aeroplan Elite Status qualification. SQM do not count towards Million Mile Status. Supplementary Cardmember(s) are not eligible to receive SQM or SQS through this benefit; however, all eligible spend by Supplementary Cardmembers will count towards the Basic Cardmember’s spend. Basic Cardmembers may earn unlimited bonus SQM and SQS during an Aeroplan Elite Status qualification period. In the case of returns, credits or adjustments that reduce the amount of net purchases below a previously achieved threshold for which SQM and SQS was not previously awarded, you may not earn the SQM and SQS, but if you were awarded SQM and SQS, the amount deducted could result in you having negative net purchases and you will have to make purchases if you wanted to bring your net purchases to zero before earning towards your next SQM and SQS.All Aeroplan Elite Status conditions apply and can be reviewed at www.aircanada.com/elite-termsandconditions.
4. Front Of The Line® - Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing terms, restrictions, verification procedures and fees. Tickets and packages may not be transferable and should not be resold. No refunds and no exchanges subject to merchant's obligations under applicable law.
5. Having No Pre-Set Spending Limit on purchases does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors, including your credit history, account history, and personal resources. Proof of resources and security may be required.
6. You can earn Aeroplan points (“points”) for eligible consumer purchases at American Express retail merchants as follows: Earn 2 points for every $1 of eligible purchases made directly with Air Canada. Earn 1.5 points for every $1 of eligible purchases at restaurant, quick service restaurant, coffee shop and drinking establishments in Canada, and delivery of food in Canada as a primary business, but not including groceries. Eligible Air Canada purchases means only those purchases made directly with Air Canada as the merchant, including Air Canada Vacations packages purchased directly from Air Canada. Air Canada purchases using your card at another merchant or service provider that sells Air Canada goods or services would not be an eligible Air Canada purchase, such as purchasing (i) Air Canada tickets from an online website other than Air Canada, through a travel agent including American Express Travel Services, or as part of a vacation package from another merchant, (ii) Air Canada gift cards, (iii) Air Canada Maple Leaf Club memberships or (iv) if you make a purchase through Air Canada with another merchant such as a hotel or car rental booking on the aircanada.com website. Earn rate of 1 point for every $1 applies when the merchant code is not in an eligible category, using a payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone or online retailer that sells goods of other merchants or the merchant category is otherwise not identified. Provided your account is in good standing, points can be earned on eligible purchases less returns and other credits. Interest charges, annual fees, other fees and cash equivalent transactions are not purchases and do not qualify for Aeroplan points.
8. Waitlist Offer valid for eligible applications received by American Express by December 31, 2020 through the link and RSVP code provided in the waitlist email. American Express reserves the right to accept applications after this date, but you will not be eligible for this offer. After December 31, 2020 use of the link provided will display the offer available at that time. To qualify for the 5,000 Waitlist Bonus Aeroplan points, you must apply for the American Express Aeroplan Card. To qualify for the 10,000 Waitlist Bonus Aeroplan points, you must apply for the American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card or the American Express Aeroplan Business Reserve Card. Application must be approved to be eligible for the offer. Please allow up to eight weeks from the date the application is approved for the Waitlist Bonus to be awarded. Waitlist Bonus points are not eligible for Aeroplan Elite status.
9. Destinations: Number of destinations based on the published 2019 route network of Air Canada and its airline partners. Due to travel restrictions, government recommendations and passenger demand resulting from the impact of COVID-19, available destinations may vary.
12. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca.
13. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. This coverage can only apply when you are authorized and permitted by law to operate the rental car. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca.
14. Underwritten by Chubb Life Insurance Company of Canada (“Chubb Life”). Use your Card to book tickets for your spouse, dependent children (under 23) or any Supplementary Cardmember and they can also be covered. Spouse and dependent children (under 23) of Supplementary Cardmembers can also be covered. You may contact the insurer at 1-877-777-1544 in Canada or visit www.chubb.com/ca.
15. This is not an insurance. Costs associated with any out-of-pocket expenses related to your Travel Emergency Assistance inquiry are your responsibility. Services will be provided as permitted under applicable law and must be authorized and arranged by AXA Assistance.
16. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Applies to eligible items fully charged to your Card worldwide, provided the manufacturer’s warranty is valid in Canada and the U.S. and does not exceed five years. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca.
®, TM: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
®*, TM*: For trademark ownership details see: americanexpress.ca/aeroplantrademarks