Find your happy places.
Whether it’s a sandy beach or city street, travel is more enjoyable with the remarkable benefits and rewards available on the NEW American Express® Aeroplan® Reserve Card.
Enjoy an incredible welcome bonus:
Earn up to 65,000 Aeroplan points and a $100 Statement Credit1
|Card Type:||Credit Card|
|Annual Interest Rate:
19.99% on purchases and 21.99% on advances*
|Additional Cards:||$199 for each Additional Aeroplan®* Reserve Card to share some of the benefits and earn Aeroplan points faster2
|$0 for each Additional Aeroplan®* Reserve No Fee Card to earn points faster2|
Experience the joy of twice the points: present your Aeroplan number at over 150 participating Aeroplan partner brands and at 170 online retailers via the Aeroplan eStore and pay with your American Express® Aeroplan®* Card to earn points twice!8
Make every travel experience one to remember with Air Canada benefits.
Your American Express® Aeroplan®* Reserve Card is your ticket to airport benefits, so you can kick back and relax before you take off.
Aeroplan flight rewards are just the beginning. Aeroplan points can be redeemed for merchandise, gift cards, and much more.
Say hello to American Express Invites®. It opens the door to memorable experiences we think you'll love!
*Subject to approval. The preferred rate for purchases is 19.99% and funds advances is 21.99%. If you have Missed Payments, the applicable rates for your account will be 23.99% and/or 26.99%. See the information box included with the application for the definition of Missed Payment and which rates apply to charges on your account and other details.
†: All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of their respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully. If you are a Quebec resident, please read your Insurance Summary and Fact Sheet.
1. These offers are only available to new American Express® Aeroplan®* Reserve Cardmembers. For current or former American Express Aeroplan Reserve Cardmembers, we may approve your application, but you will not be eligible for the Welcome Offers. Offers subject to change. Account must be in good standing.
To qualify for the welcome bonus of 35,000 Aeroplan points, you must have at least $3,000 in net purchases posted to your account on or before your three (3) month anniversary date. Please allow up to eight weeks from the date the bonus points were earned for the bonus to be awarded. Offer subject to change.
To qualify for the $100 statement credit, you must have at least $3,000 in net purchases posted to your account on or before your three (3) month anniversary date. Please allow up to eight weeks from the date the statement credit was earned for the credit to be awarded. Offer subject to change.
To qualify for the monthly bonus of 5,000 Aeroplan points in the first 6 months of Cardmembership, eligible American Express® Aeroplan®* Reserve Cardmembers must have at least $1,000 in net purchases posted to their account each month by the last day of each billing period. Up to a maximum of 30,000 Aeroplan points can be earned. Purchases made during a billing period but posted after the end of that billing period will not count towards eligible spend for that month and count towards eligible spend for the next billing period. For example, if your monthly billing period is from Aug 15 to Sept 14, a purchase made on Sept 14th (transaction date) and posts on Sept 15th (posting date) will not count for eligible spend for that month and will count towards spend in the next month's billing period. If the Aug 15 to Sept 14 period was your 6th monthly billing period, then the purchase that was made on Sept 14 and posted on Sept 15 would not count toward this offer. Account must be in good standing. Please allow up to eight weeks for your bonus points to be awarded.
2. Account must be in good standing. An Additional card is a Supplementary Card. Each supplementary American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card: $199 each annually; Supplementary American Express Aeroplan Reserve No Fee Card: $0 each annually. Supplementary Cardmembers must be at least 13 years old.
3. Basic Cardmember and eligible Supplementary Cardmember(s) are each entitled to complimentary access to any Maple Leaf Lounge located in Canada and the United States, including International Maple Leaf Lounges in Canada and the United States when travelling on an international itinerary. Access excludes Air Canada Signature Suites and lounges operated by third parties, such as Star Alliance member airlines. Guests of Basic Cardmembers or Supplementary Cardmembers may enter upon paying an applicable fee. Access will be granted in conjunction with a same-day, confirmed ticket on a flight marketed or operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, under the Air Canada Express brand, or any Star Alliance member airline. Anyone under the age of majority entering a Maple Leaf Lounge must be accompanied by an adult with access to the lounge. Age of majority is determined by the jurisdiction in which the Maple Leaf Lounge is located. Benefit may only be used as described, and otherwise cannot be transferred. Access is subject to space availability. See www.aircanada.com/lounges-termsandconditions for applicable Maple Leaf Lounges Terms and Conditions.
Basic Cardmember and eligible Supplementary Cardmember(s) are each entitled to offer one (1) guest complimentary access to any Maple Leaf Lounge located in Canada and the United States, including International Maple Leaf Lounges in Canada and the United States when travelling on an international itinerary. Access excludes Air Canada Signature Suites and lounges operated by third parties, such as Star Alliance member airlines. Any guest entering a Maple Leaf Lounge must be accompanied by an eligible Basic Cardmember or eligible Supplementary Cardmember. Access will be granted in conjunction with a same-day, confirmed ticket on a flight marketed or operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, under the Air Canada Express brand, or any Star Alliance member airline. Anyone under the age of majority entering a Maple Leaf Lounge must be accompanied by an adult with access to the lounge. Age of majority is determined by the jurisdiction in which the Maple Leaf Lounge is located. Benefit may only be used as described, and otherwise cannot be transferred. Access is subject to space availability. See www.aircanada.com/lounges-termsandconditions for applicable Maple Leaf Lounges Terms and Conditions.
4. A Basic Cardmember or Supplementary Cardmember, and up to eight (8) other passengers traveling on the same reservation (up to a maximum of nine (9) travellers), are each entitled to Priority Check-in (where available), Zone 2 Priority Boarding and Priority Baggage Handling. Benefits only apply when checking in with Air Canada, for a flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or under the Air Canada Express brand. Benefit is not available if check-in is with another airline. To access this benefit, the Basic Cardmember or Supplementary Cardmember may be required to show their qualifying card to the Air Canada agent.
5. Basic Cardmembers who also hold Aeroplan Elite Status will be able to roll over up to a maximum of 200,000 Status Qualifying Miles (SQM) from the prior qualification year to the next qualification year. This benefit applies when the member qualified for Aeroplan Elite Status by earning the required SQM or Status Qualifying Segments (SQS), as well as the required Status Qualifying Dollars (SQD), in the prior qualification year. If the member has been granted complimentary status, as determined by Air Canada, that is higher than the status they would have earned via their Status Qualifying balances, the rollover amount will be based on the status they would have earned otherwise (if any), and not the granted status. SQM rolled over from the previous qualifying year will apply towards status qualification for the following qualifying year. Rollover SQM will be deposited directly into the member's Aeroplan account no later than March 30 of any given year, provided the member earned at least Aeroplan 25K Status based on their Status Qualifying balances from the prior qualifying year. Rollover does not apply to SQS or SQD. Benefit is only available to Basic Cardmembers and does not apply to Supplementary Cardmembers. In the event the card is changed to a different product or the account is closed, regardless of reason for closure, any SQM rolled over as a result of this benefit will be removed from the Aeroplan account, and any status earned as a result of these rolled over SQM may also be rescinded. SQM do not count towards Million Mile Status and are not redeemable towards Aeroplan rewards. Where a Basic Cardmember is eligible to roll over SQM under another Aeroplan credit card, the total cumulative roll over of all SQM towards Aeroplan Elite Status cannot exceed the maximum of 200,000 SQM. All Aeroplan Elite Status conditions apply and can be reviewed at www.aircanada.com/elite-termsandconditions.
6. Basic Cardmembers will receive one (1) Annual Companion Pass after spending more than $25,000 on net purchases (less any returns, credits, and adjustments) posted to the Basic Cardmember’s card account in the 12 months prior to their Card anniversary date. The pass will be deposited into the Aeroplan account 8-10 weeks after the Card anniversary date. On each Card anniversary date, the calculation of the annual net purchases resets to zero and Basic Cardmembers must qualify again in the new annual period. Purchases transacted or posted on the Card anniversary date will be included in the calculation of net purchases for the next annual period and not the previous annual period.
The pass entitles a companion to accompany the Basic Cardmember upon the purchase of a fixed base fare (plus taxes, fees, charges and surcharges), when the Basic Cardmember books a published economy fare on a flight marketed and operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or under the Air Canada Express brand. Valid against the purchase of one round-trip fixed based fare (plus taxes, fees, charges and surcharges) for a companion when travelling on the same itinerary and booked at the same time as the Basic Cardmember. Passes are valid for 12 months from the date issued. The pass is valid towards a new booking only, and not valid on existing reservations. Bookings must be made directly with Air Canada, via aircanada.com, the Air Canada Mobile App, or through the Air Canada call center (“Air Canada Reservations”)
Maximum of one companion pass may be used per booking. If one-way travel is booked, the full base fare will be charged, the pass will be deemed fully used and the return portion of travel will be forfeited.
Total pricing varies based on itinerary booked. Basic Cardmembers may use the pass only once on their choice of travel (i) within Canada and continental US (excluding Hawaii) for $99 CAD base fare (ii) to/from Hawaii, Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean for $299 CAD base fare, (iii) to/from South America, Europe, Middle East, and Africa for $499 CAD base fare, and (iv) to/from Asia, Australia, and New Zealand for $599 CAD base fare.
In addition to the purchase of a fixed base fare, the companion will be responsible to pay all applicable taxes, fees, charges and surcharges that apply above the companion’s base fare. All travel must originate or terminate in Canada or the United States. Valid for travel at any time with no blackout periods. Also valid against the purchase of fares on sale. The companion will be booked into the same fare brand as the Basic Cardmember and will receive all applicable benefits and services associated with that fare brand. The pass may not be used against the purchase of premium cabin fares, or in conjunction with Aeroplan flight rewards, Flight Pass, group travel bookings, Air Canada Vacations bookings, or any other discounts or promotion codes. The pass must be redeemed at the time of purchase, and if multiple companion passes are available in association with the same Aeroplan number, the pass that would expire first will be used. Booking must be made before the pass expiry date, but travel may occur after the pass expiry date subject to flight schedule availability at the time of booking.
Pass may only be used as described, cannot be transferred and has no monetary or exchange value. Changes or cancellations are allowed according to the fare rules of the fare purchased.
Changes and cancellations must be made at the same time for both the Basic Cardmember and the companion, and failure to do so may result in the companion pass being forfeited. If during a change or cancellation the pass is reinstated in the Basic Cardmember’s Aeroplan account, the original expiry date will take effect and the pass may then be considered expired. In the event of a change or cancellation, travelers are required to pay all applicable fees based on the fare type purchased for each ticket, plus the difference in fare, if applicable, and all taxes, fees, charges and surcharges that apply above the base fare. The Basic Cardmember’s account must be and remain active (not cancelled) and in good standing in order to receive and retain the reward.
Companions who are members of Aeroplan or other partner frequent flyer programs are eligible to accumulate points and/or miles for the ticket issued in exchange for the companion pass according to conditions of the fare brand purchased. Aeroplan Elite Status benefits and upgrades are applicable if the traveler holds appropriate status and the fare purchased allows.
Air Canada reserves the right to apply additional fees for bookings made via Air Canada Reservations. Unused passes will automatically be cancelled on the date the card account is cancelled, regardless of reason for cancellation, or if the card account is changed to a different product.
Air transportation services on Air Canada are subject to Air Canada’s General Conditions of Carriage & Tariffs (www.aircanada.com/conditionsofcarriage) at the time of booking.
7. You can earn Aeroplan points (“points”) for eligible consumer purchases at American Express retail merchants as follows: Earn 3 points for every $1 of eligible purchases made directly with Air Canada. Earn 2 points for every $1 at restaurant, quick service restaurant, coffee shop, and drinking establishments in Canada, and delivery of food in Canada as a primary business, but not including groceries. Eligible Air Canada purchases means only those purchases made directly with Air Canada as the merchant, including Air Canada Vacations packages purchased directly from Air Canada. Air Canada purchases using your card at another merchant or service provider that sells Air Canada goods or services would not be an eligible Air Canada purchase, such as purchasing (i) Air Canada tickets from an online website other than Air Canada, through a travel agent including American Express Travel Services, or as part of a vacation package from another merchant, (ii) Air Canada gift cards, (iii) Air Canada Maple Leaf Club memberships or (iv) if you make a purchase through Air Canada with another merchant such as a hotel or car rental booking on the aircanada.com website. Earn rate of 1 point for every $1 applies when the merchant code is not in an eligible category, using a payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone or online retailer that sells goods of other merchants or the merchant category is otherwise not identified. Provided your account is in good standing, points can be earned on eligible purchases less returns and other credits. Interest charges, annual fees, other fees and cash equivalent transactions are not purchases and do not qualify for Aeroplan points.
9. A Basic Cardmember or Supplementary Cardmember, and up to eight (8) other passengers traveling on the same reservation (up to a maximum of nine (9) travellers), are each entitled to Priority Airport Standby, and a higher priority for upgrade requests to a premium cabin. Priority airport standby and upgrade clearance are available on day of travel when travelling on a fare that allows for airport standby or upgrades, and upon satisfying applicable condition(s), such as payment of fees or use of upgrade instrument(s), such as eUpgrade credits. Benefit only applies for flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, or under the Air Canada Express brand. Priority on standby and upgrade lists is determined by several factors, including, but not limited to, holding Aeroplan Elite Status, an eligible Aeroplan credit card, and other rules as determined by Air Canada in its sole discretion and as may be changed by Air Canada from time to time. See www.aircanada.com/elite-termsandconditions for applicable Aeroplan Elite Status and eUpgrade conditions.
10. Status Qualification Boost – For every $5,000 in eligible purchases (less any returns, credits and adjustments) charged to the card and posted to the card account, Basic Cardmembers will earn 1,000 Status Qualifying Miles (SQM) and 1 Status Qualifying Segment (SQS) which will be deposited in their Aeroplan member account and appear on the next card account billing statement. Please allow at least three (3) days after being earned for the SQM and SQS to be added to your Aeroplan account. SQM and SQS are not redeemable towards Aeroplan rewards and only count toward Aeroplan Elite Status qualification. SQM do not count towards Million Mile Status. Supplementary Cardmember(s) are not eligible to receive SQM or SQS through this benefit; however, all eligible spend by Supplementary Cardmembers will count towards the Basic Cardmember’s spend. Basic Cardmembers may earn unlimited bonus SQM and SQS during an Aeroplan Elite Status qualification period. In the case of returns, credits or adjustments that reduce the amount of net purchases below a previously achieved threshold for which SQM and SQS was not previously awarded, you may not earn the SQM and SQS, but if you were awarded SQM and SQS, the amount deducted could result in you having negative net purchases and you will have to make purchases if you wanted to bring your net purchases to zero before earning towards your next SQM and SQS. All Aeroplan Elite Status conditions apply and can be reviewed at www.aircanada.com/elite-termsandconditions.
11. Basic Cardmember or eligible Supplementary Cardmember, and up to eight (8) other passengers traveling on the same reservation (up to a maximum of 9 travellers), are each entitled to a free first checked bag up to 23kg/50lbs. Benefit only applies when checking in with Air Canada, for a flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or under the Air Canada Express brand. Benefit is not available if check-in is with another airline. If the first checked bag is already complimentary (for example, as a result of Aeroplan Elite Status or fare purchased), there is no additional checked bag benefit that will be provided. Free first checked bag benefit may not be applied retroactively, and no refunds will be issued. Service charges for additional/oversized/overweight baggage may apply. For more information on baggage restrictions, please visit aircanada.com/baggage.
12. American Express Basic and eligible Supplementary Cardmembers with a valid Aeroplan Reserve Card are entitled to access the Pearson Priority Lanes ('Priority Lane') during peak airport operating hours. The Priority Lanes are serviced by the Greater Toronto Airport Authority. Priority Lanes are located at select departure areas at Toronto’s Pearson International Airport in Terminal 1 & 3. Access to a Pearson Priority Lane is available to eligible Cardmembers and companions travelling on the same itinerary upon the presentation of a valid, unexpired eligible Card. The name on the Card must match the name on the boarding pass. All passengers departing Pearson International Airport, including those accessing the Priority Lane are required to comply with airport security and customs screening requirements. The American Express Aeroplan Reserve No Fee Supplementary Cards are not eligible for this benefit. Priority Lane access is subject to change or cancellation at any time and additional terms and conditions apply.
13. Toronto Pearson Valet Service – Basic and eligible Supplementary American Express® Aeroplan®* Reserve Card members must charge the parking fee to their American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card for the associated $25 Valet fee to be waived. The American Express Aeroplan Reserve No Fee Supplementary Cards are not eligible for this benefit. Waived fee applies only to Toronto Pearson Airport Valet Services in Terminal 1 and 3. For more information on Valet Service visit www.torontopearson.com.
14. Toronto Pearson 15% Parking Discount – Basic and eligible Supplementary American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card members can receive 15% discount off the cost of parking (including taxes) which will be provided as a credit to your Basic American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card statement. The American Express Aeroplan Reserve No Fee Supplementary Cards are not eligible for this benefit. The parking lot is subject to availability. Discount available at Express Park in Terminal 1 and Daily Park in Terminals 1 & 3. 15% Discount cannot be used when reserving parking on Greater Toronto Airport Authority’s (GTAA) Parking Reservation system or in conjunction with any other offers or discounts offered by GTAA. For more information on parking lots visit www.torontopearson.com.
15. Toronto Pearson Discounted Car Care - Car Care services must be charged to your Basic and eligible Supplementary American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card. 15% discount off cost of Car Care services (including taxes) will be provided as a statement credit. The American Express Aeroplan No Fee Reserve Supplementary Cards are not eligible for this benefit. Only Canadian American Express Cards are eligible for the Car Care services. Subject to availability. Access to the Car Care services is available in Terminal 1 on level 5 of the Daily Park garage. For more information on parking lots visit www.torontopearson.com.
17. Destinations: Number of destinations based on the published 2019 route network of Air Canada and its airline partners. Due to travel restrictions, government recommendations and passenger demand resulting from the impact of COVID-19, available destinations may vary.
18. From time to time, eligible Basic Aeroplan Cardmembers can get access to preferred pricing, which means they can book flight rewards for even fewer points. The number of points required to book a flight reward is determined by several factors, including, but not limited to, holding an eligible Aeroplan credit card and a member logging into their Aeroplan account, along with other rules as determined by Aeroplan in its sole discretion.
19. Front Of The Line® - Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing terms, restrictions, verification procedures and fees. Tickets and packages may not be transferable and should not be resold. No refunds and no exchanges subject to merchant's obligations under applicable law.
20. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca.
21. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. This coverage can only apply when you are authorized and permitted by law to operate the rental car. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca.
22. Underwritten by Chubb Life Insurance Company of Canada ("Chubb Life"). Use your Card to book tickets for your spouse, dependent children (under 23) or any Supplementary Cardmember and they can also be covered. Spouse and dependent children (under 23) of Supplementary Cardmembers can also be covered. You may contact the insurer at 1-877-777-1544 in Canada or visit www.chubb.com/ca.
23. This is not an insurance. Costs associated with any out-of-pocket expenses related to your Travel Emergency Assistance inquiry are your responsibility. Services will be provided as permitted under applicable law and must be authorized and arranged by AXA Assistance.
24. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Applies to eligible items fully charged to your Card worldwide, provided the manufacturer’s warranty is valid in Canada and the U.S. and does not exceed five years. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca.
®, TM: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
®*, TM*: For trademark ownership details see: www.americanexpress.ca/aeroplantrademarks
Star Alliance®* is a registered trademark used under license.