As a Platinum Cardmember or Business Platinum Cardmember, you will receive exclusive access to lower airfares on international premium class tickets when you book with the International Airline Program. Plus earn Membership Rewards® points and get air miles as you typically would when you book at American Express Travel.
Book now with the International Airline Program
Frequently Asked Questions:
International Airline Program (IAP) provides exclusive discounted fares to Platinum Card and Centurion® Members who are flying on one of the participating partners departing from the UK to one of their international destinations. If you are not seeing International Airline Program flights in your search results, the particular airline does not fly from a UK gateway to that destination, or the flight/seats may not be available.
Discounts are offered on all First, Business, and Premium Economy class tickets with participating carriers, and are offered on refundable, restricted, and non-refundable fare types.
The Cardmember may choose to travel alone or bring up to 7 additional travellers (8 total travellers max). The Cardmember must be travelling in order for all passengers to receive the discounted benefit.
The International Airline Program includes flexible payment options through Pay With Points for partial or full payment. You will have the opportunity to select your payment option during the booking process.
International Airline Program (IAP) Important Information:
1. Current International Airline Program Partners: American Airlines, Air Europa, British Airways, Etihad Airways, Qantas Airways, Qatar Airways and Singapore Airlines.
2. American Express reserves the rights to change these conditions from time to time with 21 days prior notice and/or to discontinue the whole program.
3. Airlines reserve the right to change, cancel or restrict flight operations without notice. IAP upgrades or specially negotiated fares may be limited by airlines to certain flights and/or dates (“blackouts”). IAP is subject to the terms and conditions of each participating carrier. American Express does not guarantee that seats or tickets will be available. Cabins of service and discounts vary by airline and route. Discounts are applicable to adult fares however some airlines extend savings to child fares.
4. To qualify for the IAP upgrades or specially negotiated fares:
a) Your journey must start and end at the same port as designated by the participating airline and be completed within the period during which your selected carrier participates in the program. You will be advised of any applicable dates at the time of booking;
b) IAP tickets must be purchased through the Platinum Travel Service and must be charged to a valid American Express Platinum Card which is in good standing;
c) The Platinum Cardmember who purchases the ticket(s) must be one of the travellers;
d) IAP tickets are non-transferable and non endorsable.
5. Any travel on non-participating airlines must be ticketed and paid for separately and is not part of the IAP. Certain code share or flights on the worldwide partners of the participating airlines may not apply.
6. Certain IAP airlines or non-participating airlines impose restrictions such as ticketing time limit on advance booking to indicate a timeline for ticketing upon making your reservations. For each individual airline Terms & Conditions, please check with the Platinum Travel Service for details.
7. IAP upgrade offers or specially negotiated fares may not be combined with any other promotion, discount, negotiated or corporate rate.
8. American Express acts only as an agent for travel service providers and does not own or operate any airline or means of transportation. American Express is not liable for service deficiencies on the part of airlines or other service providers, including but not limited to: accidents and injuries; delays; changes in routes or itineraries; loss, theft or damages to possessions. American Express strongly advises travellers to insure themselves against travel risks. Travellers are responsible for ensuring that they have valid documentation and for complying with the health, customs, currency and other laws of any country they enter or attempt to enter.
9. IAP is available to Platinum Cardmembers from a variety of participating airlines each with specifically designated ports of departure and arrival. Please refer to the Platinum Travel Service for details of participating airlines, applicable routing and timetables and fares in force at any particular time.
10. Other International Airline Program Terms & Conditions may apply.