Rose Gold Is Back – Here’s How to Make the Most of It
The American Express® Gold Card’s Rose Gold option lets you choose the card that fits your style while earning Uber Cash and more points on dining, groceries, and travel.
By Megan Doyle | American Express Credit Intel Freelance Contributor
5 Min Read | February 16, 2022 in Cards
Rose Gold is back by popular demand.
The card’s top-notch benefits include 4X points on restaurants and up to $25,000 in spending at U.S. supermarkets, plus points on travel.
Whether your color is Gold or Rose Gold, the Card comes with $10 a month in Uber Cash credits, up to $120 in credits every year.
Welcome to the new gold standard: Choice. Reward your appetite for life with the American Express Gold Card’s top-shelf benefits, now available in radiant Rose Gold – so you can choose the Card color that best matches your taste and style.
Here’s a close look at how the Amex Gold Card – whether in Gold or Rose Gold color – can help you get the most out of the purchases you make on the things you’re passionate about. Terms apply to all offers and benefits listed below and all offers are subject to change.
People with a particular sense of style have been drawn to rose gold ever since Carl Fabergé first used it in his famous jeweled Eggs more than a hundred years ago. The copper-infused, pink-hued alloy has come in and out of style ever since given what fans consider its vintage appeal and comforting aura.
But it’s not just the color of the Rose Gold Card that creates its allure, nor just its sleek form factor or the satisfying “clink” when tapped on a counter. The Gold Card’s benefits stand out just as much as its exterior. In fact, one CNBC analysis found the Gold Card to be one of the best credit cards, given its first-class rewards for everyday spending like groceries and dining out and its great travel benefits. And those benefits are the same whether you get the Card in Gold or Rose Gold.
New Card Members can earn 60,000 points after spending $4,000 in eligible purchases on their Card within the first six months of Card Membership.2 That could be worth as much as $600 depending on how you choose to redeem them with Amex – or even more if you transfer points to an Amex partner.
If you’re passionate about getting the most out of the purchases you make to enjoy your lifestyle – whether you like to host home-cooked dinners, grab weekly takeout through Uber Eats, or tour top restaurants around the world, Rose Gold lets you earn Membership Rewards points in style. Let’s take a look at the features that come with the Card’s $250 annual fee.3
Earning points. On top of the welcome offer, Rose Gold offers a number of ways to earn accelerated Membership Rewards points:
- 4X points at restaurants around the world, including Uber Eats purchases and other delivery services.
- 4X points at U.S. supermarkets on up to $25,000 in Card purchases a year.
- 3X points on airfare booked directly through the airline or through amextravel.com.
- 1X point on all other eligible purchases.
Credits and extras. Points are only part of the equation. Card Members can also get:
- $120 in Uber Cash Every Year. Gold Card Members will automatically get $10 in Uber Cash every month, up to $120 a year, after adding their Card to their Uber account. Uber Cash can be spent on orders with Uber Eats or rides with Uber in the U.S., your choice.
- $120 Dining Credit Every Year. Enroll to receive up to $10 in statement credits every month when using the Card at participating dining partners, including GrubHub, Seamless, Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, Boxed.Com, and participating Shake Shack locations.
- $100 Hotel Credit. If you love a good getaway, don’t overlook the hotel credit available when booking rooms at participating “Hotel Collection” properties through American Express Travel. If you stay for two consecutive nights, you can earn a $100 credit that can be spent on any qualifying dining, spa, or resort activity. Qualifying activities vary by property.
Beyond rewards and credits, either color of Amex Gold offers various extra benefits, including:
- Choose How You Pay. Enjoy the flexibility to pay in full each month, carry a balance with interest, or use Plan It® to split up large purchases into monthly payments with a fixed fee, up to your Pay Over Time limit, when eligible. For more detail on payment options, see “American Express® Gold Card – Points & Rewards.”
- Send & Split™: Once you enroll an eligible Card in Amex Send & Split – which you do inside the mobile American Express® App – you’ll have access to two distinct features: Amex Send, which lets you send money to any other Venmo or PayPal user, and Amex Split, which lets you split your Card purchases with any other Venmo or PayPal user(s) and get paid back directly to your Card as a statement credit.
- Amex Offers. Get rewarded at the places you love to eat, shop, travel, and more. All you have to do is log in to your account to add an Amex Offer to your Card, use the Card to pay, and earn rewards.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees. Never worry about surprise foreign transaction fees when traveling abroad.
- Free Two-Day Shipping. Enroll in a free ShopRunner membership to get complimentary two-day shipping on eligible items. Minimum order may be required.
If you’ve been looking for a rosier way to stand out, you’re in luck – American Express Rose Gold is back. The Amex Rose Gold Card rewards you for enjoying your life’s passions, from dining and grocery shopping to getting around town in style with Uber. And even if Rose Gold isn’t your color, the American Express Gold Card offers all the same great benefits and perks in Amex’s classic style.
Article Sources and Notes
2 For more on Offer and Benefit Terms for the American Express Gold/Rose Gold Card, click here.
3 For more on Rates and Fees for the American Express Gold/Rose Gold Card, click here.