What is the "Lowest Rate Guarantee" for hotel bookings made with American Express Travel?
Valid only for American Express Card Members. If you book a qualifying prepaid hotel rate on amextravel.com and then find the same room, in the same hotel, for the same dates, the same number of children and adults, at a lower price online, before taxes and fees, we'll refund you the difference. Your claim must be submitted prior to your stay, before the date of check-in.
How do I identify a qualifying rate?
- Look for prepaid rates (easily identifiable with the Lowest Rate Guaranteed label) and check terms below to ensure no exclusions apply.
What's the deadline to submit my claim?
- You have all the way up until your check-in date to submit a claim. Expect a response to your claim within 72 hours.
How is the refund processed if approved?
- American Express Travel will refund the difference to the credit card you used to make your hotel reservation in approximately 15 business days after claim is received.
What are the general "Lowest Rate Guaranteed" terms for hotel bookings made with American Express Travel?
- The "Lowest Rate Guaranteed" policy applies only to online rates available to the general public and excludes rates or discounts that are not available to the general public, including, but not limited to, corporate, group, charter, meeting/convention, AAA, government/military, and senior citizen rates/discounts.
- The "Lowest Rate Guaranteed" policy does not apply to hotel rooms booked through or in combination with frequent stay, loyalty, points, or other reward type programs, rooms booked through coupon promotions, won through contests or sweepstakes or transferred, or rooms booked on opaque websites that do not allow you to see the name of the hotel until your reservation is complete.
- The "Lowest Rate Guaranteed" policy applies to the rate for the room night only. Promotional packages, all-inclusive packages, or bundles that may include additional amenities such as parking, meals, or entertainment are not eligible.
- The "Lowest Rate Guaranteed" policy does not apply to rates booked through the Fine Hotels & Resorts® and The Hotel Collection programs.
- American Express Travel reserves the right to deny any claims that cannot be verified, do not meet eligibility requirements, or for which you have provided incomplete information.
- American Express Travel will not be liable for the payment of any refunds under the "Lowest Rate Guaranteed" policy with respect to rates loaded in error by another party or any printing, typographical, administrative, or technological errors in materials relating to rates provided by other parties.
- These "Lowest Rate Guaranteed" terms and conditions include and incorporate by reference the standard American Express Travel Terms and Conditions and constitute an understanding between you and American Express Travel relating to your hotel reservation.
- Void where prohibited by law. American Express Travel reserves the right to modify or cancel the Lowest Rate Guaranteed policy at any time without prior notice. Any modification will be effective upon posting of modified "Lowest Rate Guaranteed" terms and conditions on the American Express Travel website. Any cancellation will be effective upon removal of references to the "Lowest Rate Guaranteed" policy and "Lowest Rate Guaranteed" terms and conditions from Amextravel.com.
If you wish to change or cancel your reservation, you must contact our support desk at 1-800-297-2977 (1-312-980-7807 if you are calling from outside the US).