American Express credit approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Fees and charges apply. All information is correct as at 4 October 2023 and is subject to change. This offer is only available to those who reside in New Zealand. Cards are offered, issued and administered by American Express International (NZ), Inc.
1. Offer only available to new American Express Card Members who apply by 6 February 2024, are approved and spend $1,000 on eligible purchases on their new Card in the first two (2) months from the Card approval date. Eligible purchases do not include Card fees and charges, for example annual fees, interest, late payment, cash advances, balance transfers, traveller’s cheques and foreign currency conversion. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product issued by American Express International (NZ) Inc in the preceding 18-month period are ineligible for this offer. 20,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points will be awarded to the eligible Card Member’s Account 8-10 weeks after the spend criteria has been met. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards Program available at americanexpress.com/en-nz/rewards/membership-rewards/terms. The American Express Gold Business Card has a standard annual fee of $95 and an annual Membership Rewards fee of $50.
2. American Express approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Fees and charges apply. This offer is only available to those who reside in New Zealand. Employee Card Members must be over 18 years of age. Prior to 1 August 2023, the Business, the Primary Card Member and each Employee Card Member are jointly and severally liable for all Employee Card spending. On and from 1 August 2023, American Express will be making changes to the Terms and Conditions of American Express Business Card products in New Zealand which will include the removal of the liability of Employee Card Members for charges incurred on their Employee Card. Each employee is entitled to only one (1) Employee Card.
3. No pre-set spending limit does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors, including current spending patterns, your payment history, credit records and financial resources known to us.
4. There is no expiry on points as long as the Card Account is active, enrolled in Membership Rewards program and is kept in good standing and not overdue.
5. Depending on when you make a purchase, when your statement is issued, and whether you are carrying forward a balance on your Account from your previous statement period. If you pay by direct debit, your payment will be processed 14 days after your statement is issued.
6. Points may be redeemed by the Card Member for a credit on the Primary Card Account. American Express may decline a Points for Credit request where the Card Account or Card Member’s other accounts with American Express are not in good standing. The redemption of Points for Credit will be administered solely by American Express within 3 business days and cannot be reversed. Redeeming Points for Credit is not redeemable for cash via Credit balance refund.
7. Membership Rewards: Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at https://www.americanexpress.com/en-nz/rewards/membershiprewards/terms. Enrolment into Membership Rewards is required (an annual fee may apply). Eligibility to participate in the Membership Rewards program depends on your Card product type, and is subject to the approval of American Express.
8. For full details of the insurance cover, including terms, conditions and exclusions, please refer to the Insurance Terms and Conditions. Please be sure to read the Insurance Terms and Conditions carefully and be aware of its various terms, conditions and exclusions.