Medical Emergency Expenses Cover
Additional Card Members are not entitled to cover under this section.
In an emergency:
You should contact Chubb Assistance as soon as an emergency arises on +64 9 374 1774 and provide Your American Express Platinum Card Account number, as much information as possible and a telephone or fax number where You can be contacted. REVERSE CHARGE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM OVERSEAS.
We will not pay medical costs over $1,500 without prior authorisation by Chubb Assistance.
If Your medical condition prevents You from calling, someone else should call on Your behalf, such as a relative, Your travelling companion, nurse or Doctor.
In the event of a Medical Emergency while You are on a Trip We will pay:
- repatriation/Evacuation if approved by Chubb Assistance’s senior medical officer and following consultation with the attending Doctor.
- the cost of Treatment to meet Your immediate needs up to a maximum of $20,000,000.
- emergency dental Treatment up to $1,500.
- $100 per complete twenty-four (24) hours that You are hospitalised as an in-patient whilst on a Trip up to a maximum of $8,000 to cover incidental expenses.
- reasonable extra accommodation cost up to $100 per night up to a maximum of $5,000 for You and any person who stays or travels with You based on medical advice to extend Your stay as agreed by Chubb Assistance.
If You are travelling alone, We will pay the reasonable return economy airfare and extra accommodation costs (room-only) for Your friend or Close Relative to stay with You up to $100 per night up to a maximum of $5,000 as agreed by Chubb Assistance.
In the event of Your death
In the event of Your death while on a Trip, Chubb Assistance will organise and arrange for Us to pay for:
- transportation of Your remains to New Zealand;
- or Cremation and subsequent transportation of Your remains to New Zealand;
- or local burial up to $15,000.
Excess: $250 for each and every claim