1. The 20,000 Membership Rewards bonus points will be awarded onto your Account once you have been approved and you have spent and charged £4,000 within the first three months of Cardmembership. This introductory offer is subject to change and can be withdrawn at any time. Please note that it can take up to 60 days for bonus points to be awarded to your Account.
You earn one Point for each £1 eligible spend on your Card Account. The number of Points per £1 is referred to as your Earn Rate, and will be shown on your Card Account statement. We may permit you to earn more Points per eligible US$/€/£ for certain purchases with particular retailers, and we may contact you about this to ensure that you can benefit from the Programme (as explained in the ‘About additional benefits and other products’ section on the agreement for your Card Account). Membership Rewards points are not earned on balance transfers, cash advances, American Express travellers cheque purchases, foreign exchange, fees and interest charges for returned payments, finance charges, late payment and referral charges, fees/charges including joining, annual and Membership Reward fees. Membership Reward Terms and Conditions apply to all Membership Rewards points redemptions. Visit www.membershiprewards.co.uk/terms
2. In order to provide this service, American Express Services Europe Limited needs to share the information you have provided with Priority PassTM. We will also share your date of birth with Priority PassTM for ongoing identification and Account validation purposes. Priority PassTM will use the information solely for the purpose of providing their services, and will not share it with any third parties. These conditions are also available in full at prioritypass.com. If you wish to opt out of the Priority PassTM benefit please call your Platinum Travel service. Once we have completed your lounge access enrolment, Priority PassTM will send you and any Platinum Supplementary Cardmember Priority PassTM membership cards that will provide complimentary access to a network of over 900 airport lounges globally. A Priority PassTM Welcome Pack for each Cardmember will be sent out separately and should be received within 28 days of Card approval. In order to access Priority PassTM lounges, the Cardmember must present a valid Priority PassTM membership in his or her name, along with the boarding pass for same day travel. The main Cardmember and the Platinum Supplementary Cardmember may bring up to one guest into the lounge at no cost. Any additional guests will be charged a fee at the prevailing rate – currently £15 per person, per visit, to his or her American Express Platinum Card. Subsequent years’ renewal Terms and Conditions are at the discretion of Priority PassTM as detailed at prioritypass.com. He or she agrees to abide by the conditions of use as contained in the lounge listing.
3. Platinum basic and Supplementary Cardmembers are entitled to complimentary access to the Plaza Premium lounges. The Platinum Cardmember may bring up to one guest into the lounge at no additional cost. All lounge access fees for additional guest visits will be charged directly to the Platinum Cardmember's Card, and at the prevailing retail rate, per person, per visit. Lounge access to infants under two years of age is complimentary. To access the Plaza Premium lounges, the Platinum Cardmember must present the agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card and upon request, same-day or following day boarding pass on any carrier and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied.
Platinum Cardmember must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian where there is a self-service bar. Plaza Premium Lounge reserves the right to remove any person from a lounge for inappropriate behaviour or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability and is not guaranteed. The full Plaza Premium Lounge Facilities Terms and Conditions are available at plaza-network.com/terms. Facilities, amenities, services and hours of operation may vary among locations and are subject to change. Terms and Conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
4. Platinum Cardmembers have unlimited complimentary access to American Express Lounge locations. Guest access policies vary by location and are subject to change (see below). To access American Express Lounges, the Platinum Cardmember must present the agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card and upon request, same-day airline ticket on any carrier and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. Platinum Cardmembers will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates or policies. American Express reserves the right to remove any person from a lounge for inappropriate behaviour or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability. Use of American Express Lounges is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Express. American Express reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice. Amenities, services and hours of operation may vary among locations and are subject to change.
Argentina: Platinum Cardmember may bring up to 1 guest at no cost.
Australia: Platinum Cardmember may bring their children between the ages of 2-17 and up to 2 guests into the lounge.
Brazil: Platinum Cardmember and up 1 travel companion OR Platinum Cardmember's immediate family may enter the airport lounges at no cost. For any additional guests, the Cardmember will be charged R$22.00 per person (exception: no additional guests allowed in Congonhas lounges).
India: Platinum Cardmember and up to one complimentary guest allowed and any additional guests will be charged INR750 per person.
Mexico: Platinum Cardmember plus 2 guests or immediate family (spouse & sons/daughter no limit)
United States: Platinum Cardmember may bring immediate family (spouse or domestic partner and their children under 18) OR up to two (2) companions into the lounge.
5. Access is subject to lounge availability and is non-transferable. Benefit available to Main and Supplementary Platinum Cardmembers only. Guests are not permitted access.
6. Valid only for new FINE HOTELS & RESORTS bookings made through Platinum Travel service. Payment must be made in full with an American Express Card in the Platinum Cardmember’s name. Cardmember must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described. Noon check-in and room upgrade are based on availability and are provided at check-in. Breakfast amenity varies by property, but will be, at a minimum, a Continental breakfast. Complimentary In-Room Wi-Fi is provided, with the exception of explora Patagonia where In-Room Wi-Fi is not available. In this instance, complimentary Wi-Fi will be provided in a common space on property. In the case where a property includes cost of Wi-Fi in a mandatory resort fee, the Cardmember will receive a daily credit from the property for the standard amount that the property charges for Wi-Fi. The credit will be issued on the Cardmembers final bill upon check-out. Benefit restrictions vary by FINE HOTELS & RESORTS property and cannot be redeemed for cash, and may not be combined with other offers unless indicated. Advance reservations are recommended for services such as spa, dining or golf in order to take advantage of the FINE HOTELS & RESORTS special amenity during your stay. Benefits and additional FINE HOTELS & RESORTS promotions are only applied at check-out and expire at check-out. Limit one benefit package per room, per stay. Three room limit per Cardmember, per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. Participating FINE HOTELS & RESORTS properties and benefits are subject to change.
7. Valid only for new THE HOTEL COLLECTION bookings with participating providers of two or more consecutive nights made through Platinum Travel service, Business Platinum Travel service or Centurion Travel service, American Express Travel office or American Express Travel Online (online bookings currently only available to Basic Cardmembers). Available only for the following American Express Cardmembers: Consumer and Business Gold Cardmembers, Consumer and Business Platinum Cardmembers and Consumer and Business Centurion® Members (“Eligible Cardmembers”). The term “Eligible Cardmembers” does not include Gold and Platinum Credit Cardmembers. Payment must be made in full with an American Express Card in the Eligible Cardmembers name. Eligible Cardmember must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described. *A one category room upgrade is based on availability and eligibility at check-in to the hotel. **The Cardmember will receive the credit as a deduction from the final hotel bill when checking out of the hotel; they will receive $1 for each eligible dollar spent up to $75 USD. Eligible charges exclude charges for taxes, gratuities, fees and cost of room. Additional exclusions based on specific hotel restrictions may also apply (including without limitation purchases within the hotel that are unaffiliated and/or owned by third parties) - see hotel front desk for details. Credit must be used in conjunction with initial stay and cannot be carried over to another stay, is not redeemable for cash and expires at check-out. Credit is non-exchangeable and non-refundable and is applied in USD or equivalent in local currency based on exchange rate on day of arrival. May not be combined with other offers or programs unless indicated. Limit one credit per room, per stay. Three-room limit per Eligible Cardmember per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. Hotel nightly rates vary by property, dates, room category and occupancy. Participating providers and benefits subject to change.
8. Programmes are subject to change from time to time and subject to availability. We reserve the right to apply temporary spending limits in accordance with the Cardmember Agreement. Some partner programmes require enrolment on approval of Cardmembership. Terms and Conditions will be provided prior to enrolment on relevant partner programme. Flights are subject to availability and taxes, fees and charges are applicable.
9. The Platinum insurance excludes cover for pre-existing medical conditions. Cover for medical assistance and expenses is only available until you (or your family or Supplementary Cardmembers) turn 70 years of age. In order to receive certain insurance benefits, you need to purchase the trip on your American Express Platinum Card in full. Terms and Conditions apply. Full details of the travel protection benefits currently available can be found in the Terms and Conditions available at americanexpress.co.uk/PlatinumInsurance. Please read this to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply including the definition of immediate family. Subject to enrolment, for more information click here.
10. The benefit is only valid when full payment is made with an American Express Card. To redeem the benefit, restaurant reservations must be made through your American Express Concierge service, and the reservation must be in the Cardmember’s name. The benefit is valid for seated dining only and cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. The benefit is limited to one redemption per visit, per American Express Card, per bill, per table, unless otherwise stated. Blackout dates may apply, please check with your American Express Concierge service when making a reservation. Cancellation and no show policies may apply, please check with your American Express Concierge service when making a reservation. Benefit may be limited to a maximum number of people, please check with your American Express Concierge service when making a reservation. Benefit is subject to availability, the restaurant reserves the right to offer a benefit which they consider to be of similar value should the benefit described not be available.
11. Apple, the Apply logo, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc,. registered in the U.S and other countries. Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.
12. Examples shown are based on redeeming Avios through the British Airways Executive Club programme for return flights departing from and returning to London. *Terms, taxes, fees and carrier charges apply.
13. Addison Lee car service: Valid for private car rides booked through the Addison Lee website, mobile app and by phone. Available only for main Platinum Cardmembers (“Eligible Cardmembers”). The term “Eligible Cardmembers” does not include Platinum Credit Cardmembers. Payment must be made in full with an eligible American Express Platinum inthe Eligible Cardmember’s name. Benefit will be applied to Eligible Cardmember’s account in the form of a statement credit, on all qualifying transactions. Main Cardmember is eligible for one statement credit per transaction up to a maximum value of £10.00 cumulatively per calendar month. Statement credit will be credited to Cardmembers’ account within 5 business days of completing car ride – however this can take upto 90 days from the initial transaction date.
14. Benefit available only for main Platinum® Cardmembers (“Eligible Cardmembers”). Eligible Cardmembers do not include Supplementary Cardmembers, International Currency Platinum Dollar, International Currency Platinum Euro, and Platinum Cashback Cardmembers. Eligible Cardmembers must enrol in advance to register for the Benefit. Benefit will not apply if a reservation is made before Cardmember has enrolled into the benefit. Benefit will be applied to Cardmember’s account in the form of a statement credit in GBP (£). If the reservation is for a property in the United Kingdom the credit amount will be £150 (which is subject to change due to fluctuations in USD-GBP exchange rate). If the reservation is for a property outside the UK (excluding the rest of Europe) the credit amount will be USD$200. If the reservation is for a property in Europe (excluding the UK) the credit amount will be €170 (which is subject to change due to fluctuations in USD-EUR exchange rate). For reservations for properties outside the UK the credit amount will be converted into GBP(£) at the American Express Exchange Rate prevailing on the date the statement credit is applied to the Cardmember’s account. Credit available once per account per stay and is applicable to reservations of a minimum one night’s stay. Eligible Cardmember must travel on the reservation and at the time of reservation, payment must be made with an UK Platinum® card in the Eligible Cardmember’s name. Credit will generally be credited to Cardmembers’ Account within 5 business days of completing reservation – however this can take up to 90 days. Credit may be reversed if reservation is cancelled. Valid for reservations made between 11 June 2019 up to and including 31 May 2021, for travel starting from 11 June 2019 and completed by, and including, 31 May 2022. Credit valid only for reservations made through Platinum Concierge service or direct with onefinestay. Please visit americanexpress.co.uk/platinum for full terms and conditions.