1. Qantas Points are earned in accordance with and subject to the Qantas American Express Cards Points Terms and Conditions available here, and exclusions apply. Eligible purchases do not include cash advances, interest, balance transfers, fees and charges for traveller’s cheques and foreign currencies - these do not earn Qantas Points. For the full list of exclusions, please refer to the Qantas American Express Cards Points Terms and Conditions available here.
2. Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights with a QF flight number purchased on the Qantas merchant account i.e. with Qantas direct or some travel agents and Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays, and Qantas branded non-airfare products. Subject to the Qantas American Express Card Points Terms and Conditions.
3. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and have enrolled with Qantas Direct to earn Qantas Points. Qantas Points accrue in accordance with and subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Direct program for American Express Cards available here. Exclusions and limitations apply. Membership of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program available here. A joining fee may apply. Once Qantas Points have been transferred to your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account, they are governed by the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and cannot be reversed. Merchants where you’ll earn 0.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent are those classified as utilities including gas, water and electricity providers: government including the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation (Australia Post), federal/state and local government bodies; insurance excluding insurances offered by American Express; and telecommunications including goods and services purchased from phone, mobile and internet service providers. Industry specific earn rate may apply when you use a payment account, payment aggregator, services of a third party or online retailers that sell goods for another merchant. For example a payment made to Local Government bodies processed through payment aggregator may earn rates at the government earn rate.
4. Classic Flight Rewards are available on Qantas, Jetstar and partner airlines. Classic Flight Reward seats are subject to capacity controls and availability is limited. The number of seats available depends on the flight, date, season and destination and some flights may not have any Classic Flight Rewards available. For further information click here.
5. Classic Upgrade Rewards are available on Qantas-operated domestic and international flights with a QF flight number on your ticket, are subject to capacity controls, and availability is limited. Classic Upgrade Rewards are not available for all fare types. You must have a paid and confirmed ticket in an eligible booking class to request a Classic Upgrade Reward.
6. Points Plus Pay – Flights are available on any flight with a QF, JQ, 3K or GK flight number. Points Plus Pay – Flights can include flights on selected partner airlines when booked on qantas.com. For more information see qantas.com.
8. Please note: Additional Card Members must be 16 years of age or over. Additional Card Members were previously referred to as “Supplementary Card Members”. The basic Card Member will be liable to pay for all transactions made by Additional Card Members.