1. Rewards Advantage Travel Insurance. The insurance on American Express Cards is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits). You must use your American Express Rewards Advantage Card to pay for your trip in order to be covered under the travel insurance. It is important you read the American Express Rewards Advantage Card Insurance Terms and Conditions and consider whether the insurance is right for you. We do not provide advice about the insurance or whether it is appropriate for your objectives, financial situation or needs. This insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy of insurance held by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313). Access to this insurance is provided solely by reason of the statutory operation of section 48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). Card Members are not a party to the group policy, do not have an agreement with Chubb and cannot vary or cancel the cover. American Express is not the insurer, does not guarantee or hold the rights under the group policy on trust for Card Members and does not act on behalf of Chubb or as its agent. American Express is not an Authorised Representative (under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)) of Chubb.
2. Membership Rewards Terms & Conditions
To earn or redeem Membership Rewards points, Cards must be enrolled to the American Express Membership Rewards program, and your Card Account must be in good standing.
To redeem Membership Rewards Points with American Express Travel Online, you need to have available limit on your Card for the full transaction amount of the booking. You will then receive a statement credit within 3 business days for your points redemption. If the credit isn’t on the same statement as the transaction, it should appear on your next statement. Please pay all amounts due each month. You will earn Membership Rewards points on the full dollar amount charged to your Card.
All bookings are subject to the terms and conditions of our Membership Rewards Program. For full Terms and Conditions, please visit the Membership Rewards website.
3. Helloworld Travel and Webjet. Minimum redemption amounts apply. You can redeem points for prepaid travel of a nominated value through Webjet.com.au and helloworld with the point-of-purchase redemption capability. Travel bookings using points may be booked for any person, provided all your accounts are kept in good standing and are not overdue. Subject to the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions and the partners' booking terms and conditions.
4. Airline and Hotel partners. To redeem points, you must be a member of the applicable frequent traveller program. Enrolment in the partner program is solely your responsibility and fees may apply. Subject to the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions.
6. Taste by American Express Invites benefit is subject to the Terms and Conditions below. This benefit is only redeemable when paid for with an American Express Card.The benefit is fulfilled by making reservation bookings directly with the restaurant in the American Express Card Member’s name and is subject to table availability. American Express Card Members can either call or walk in to the restaurant to check availability and book. Card Members have to identify themselves as an American Express Card Member at the time of booking or before ordering to receive the benefits on the dining day.The benefit is valid for seated dining only and cannot be combined with any other benefit.Each restaurant offers one of the following offers as stated in their offer details and this is not negotiable: - a complimentary appetizer from the a la carte menu (up to ten guests) - or a complimentary bottle of wine (per table) - or a discount of 20% on food purchases (up to ten guests) and will be provided by the participating restaurants in accordance with the provisions set out here.The offer is non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash.Complimentary appetizer selection may be limited by the restaurant at its discretion and will only be valid when a main course and a dessert are purchased per person.The complimentary bottle of wine is selected by the restaurant and cannot be taken away or consumed off premises. The complimentary bottle of wine will only be valid when a main course per person is purchased.Exclusions may apply. The benefits are limited to one redemption per visit, per American Express Card, per bill, per table, unless otherwise stated; a restaurant may cap benefit availability to 10 guests per booking at its discretion.The benefit is available for lunch or dinner on any day of the week, unless otherwise noted.Blackout dates apply, please check with individual restaurants when booking.Should an American Express Card Member face any issues including any failure to fulfil the benefit, please contact the relevant restaurant. Alternatively, American Express Card Members may contact American Express Customer Services by calling the number on the back of their Card. American Express Card Members with Cards issued from a bank partner should complete the Contact Us form on American Express Connect.Fulfilment of this offer is the sole responsibility of the participating American Express restaurant.
7. Valid only for new The Hotel Collection bookings of a minimum of two consecutive nights with participating providers made through American Express Travel Online (americanexpress.com.au/travel or americanexpress.com.au/thc), Platinum Travel Service or Centurion Travel Service. Online bookings currently only available to Primary Card Members. Available only for Eligible Card Members of the following American Express Cards: American Express® Rewards Advantage Card, American Express® Explorer Credit Card, American Express® Platinum Reserve Credit Card, American Express® Gold Card, American Express® Gold Business Card, American Express® Platinum Card, American Express® Business Platinum Card® and American Express® Centurion Card. Excludes Gold Credit Card Members who are not also Australian Rewards Advantage, Gold or Platinum Charge Card Members. Payment must be made in full with an eligible American Express Card in the Card Member’s name. Card Member must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described. Primary Card Member may be able to use Membership Rewards® points and the Platinum Travel Credit on the American Express Travel website or on request through Platinum Travel Service or Centurion Travel Service as payment towards The Hotel Collection, if the selected hotel and room type provides you the option to prepay in advance. The eligible Card Member will receive the credit as a deduction from the final hotel bill when checking out of the hotel; they will receive $1 for each eligible dollar spent up to US$100. Eligible spend includes dining, spa and resort activities. Eligible spend does not include charges for taxes, gratuities, fees and cost of room. Additional exclusions based on specific hotel restrictions may also apply (including without limitation purchases within the hotel that are unaffiliated and/or owned by third parties) - see hotel front desk for details. Credit must be used in conjunction with initial stay and cannot be carried over to another stay, is not redeemable for cash and expires at check-out. Credit is non-exchangeable and non-refundable and is applied in USD or equivalent in local currency based on exchange rate on day of arrival. Limit one credit per room, per stay. Three-room limit per Card Member per stay. Back-to-back stays booked by a single Card Member, Card Members staying in the same room or Card Members traveling in the same party within a 24-hour period at the same property are considered one stay and are ineligible for additional The Hotel Collection benefits (“Prohibited Action”). American Express and the Property reserve the right to modify or revoke The Hotel Collection benefits at any time without notice if we or they determine, in our or their sole discretion, that you have engaged in a Prohibited Action, or have engaged in abuse, misuse, or gaming in connection with your the Hotel Collection benefits. If an eligible Card Member cancels their room, any additional rooms will no longer qualify for benefits as the eligible Card Member must be staying at the hotel. Participating providers and benefits subject to change. Taxes, surcharges and additional fees are as supplied by the hotel at the time of reservation; however they are subject to change and will be charged as applicable at the time of settlement of your hotel account. Note that payments made in foreign currencies will be subject to a foreign currency conversion and fee at the time of payment upon departure. A one category room upgrade is based on availability and eligibility at check-in to the hotel.