Cards are offered, issued, and administered by American Express Australia Limited ABN 92 108 952 085, Australian Credit Licence No. 291313.
American Express income and credit approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Interest rates, fees and charges apply. All interest rates are quoted as an Annual Percentage Rate. All information, including fees, charges and interest rates are correct as at 27 February 2020 and are subject to change. Applicants must be 18 years of age or over and reside in Australia to apply for the American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card.
1. Interest Rate. This interest rate does not apply for Cash Advances and associated fees.
2. Interest Free Days. You will have up to 55 days interest free on purchases provided you pay the full closing balance of your monthly statement by the due date each month. There is no interest free period on balance transfers or if you carry forward a balance from the previous statement period. The total of interest free days will depend on when you make the purchase and when your statement is issued.
3. Annual Fee. Card Members who cancel their Platinum or Centurion Card product will be liable for a $395 annual fee.
4. Membership Rewards. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available here. You will earn 1 point per $1 at government bodies including the Australian Taxation Office, Australia Post, federal/state and local government bodies. Industry specific earn rate may apply when you use a payment account, payment aggregator, services of a third party or online retailers that sell goods for another merchant. For example a payment made to Local Government bodies processed through a payment aggregator may earn points at the government earn rate.
5. Additional Card Members. Additional Card Members must be 16 years of age or over. Additional Card Members were previously referred to as “Supplementary Card Members”. The basic Card Member will be liable to pay for all transactions made by Additional Card Members.
6. The Hotel Collection. Valid only for new The Hotel Collection bookings of at least two consecutive nights with participating providers made through American Express Travel Online (americanexpress.com.au/travel or americanexpress.com.au/thc), Platinum Travel Service or Centurion Travel Service. Online bookings currently only available to Primary Card Members. The following American Express Card Members are eligible to book through The Hotel Collection: American Express® Rewards Advantage Card, American Express® Explorer Credit Card, American Express® Platinum Reserve Credit Card, American Express® Gold Card, American Express® Gold Business Card, American Express® Platinum Card, American Express® Business Platinum Card® and American Express® Centurion Card. Payment must be made in full with an eligible American Express Card in the Card Member’s name. Card Member must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described. Membership Rewards® points and Platinum Travel Credit cannot be used towards The Hotel Collection bookings as payment.
The eligible Card Member will receive the credit as a deduction from the final hotel bill when checking out of the hotel; they will receive $1 for each eligible dollar spent up to US$100. Eligible spend includes dining, spa and resort activities. Eligible spend does not include charges for taxes, gratuities, fees and cost of room. Additional exclusions based on specific hotel restrictions may also apply (including without limitation purchases within the hotel that are unaffiliated and/or owned by third parties) - see hotel front desk for details. Credit must be used in conjunction with initial stay and cannot be carried over to another stay, is not redeemable for cash and expires at check-out. Credit is non-exchangeable and non-refundable and is applied in USD or equivalent in local currency based on exchange rate on day of arrival. Limit one credit per room, per stay. Three-room limit per Card Member per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. If an eligible Card Member cancels their room, any additional rooms will no longer qualify for benefits as the eligible Card Member must be staying at the hotel. Participating providers and benefits subject to change. Taxes, surcharges and additional fees are as supplied by the hotel at the time of reservation; however they are subject to change and will be charged as applicable at the time of settlement of your hotel account. Note that payments made in foreign currencies will be subject to a foreign currency conversion fee at the time of payment upon departure. A one category room upgrade is based on availability and eligibility at check-in to the hotel.
7. Insurance. The American Express Platinum Reserve Card insurance is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) - see the full Terms and Conditions available here. You must use your American Express Platinum Reserve Card to pay for your return trip in order to be eligible for the travel insurance. You are not eligible for the travel insurance if you use Qantas Points to purchase your trip. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313). Card Members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This webpage does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full Terms and Conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.