1. Plan It™ Terms and Conditions. You can create an Instalment Plan as long as your account is in good standing. We may limit the amount that can be transferred to an Instalment Plan. Each Instalment Plan will begin from the date it is successfully created, as communicated to you in your Online Account. Payment of your first Monthly Instalment will be due in your next payment cycle. You will be charged a Monthly Plan Fee for each Instalment Plan created. This fee will be charged each month your Instalment Plan is active and will be notified to you before you create the Instalment Plan. View the full Plan It™ Instalment Terms and Conditions here
2. Travel Credit. The following Travel Credit amounts are offered on a yearly basis to holders of the following American Express Cards:
American Express® Platinum Card: $450 Travel Credit.
American Express Explorer® Credit Card: $400 Travel Credit.
American Express® Platinum Edge Credit Card: $200 Travel Credit.
American Express® Platinum Reserve Credit Card: $400 Travel Credit.
To redeem the Travel Credit, you must have paid the annual fee and minimum payment by the due date. The Travel Credit can be redeemed against any single eligible online travel booking. The Travel Credit can be used for 365 days from the anniversary date and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. For bookings less than the full Travel Credit value, any unused portion of the Travel Credit will be forfeited.
Annual Travel Credit. Book through americanexpress.com.au/travel or by phone through Platinum Travel Service for flights, hotel, car hire and experiences. All other bookings, such as Fine Hotels + Resorts and Hotel Collection bookings are excluded. Benefit available for the Primary Card Member only to redeem in a single booking. For bookings less than $450, any unused portion of the Travel Credit will be forfeited. The Travel Credit cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. To check the expiration date of your Travel Credit if you have not already redeemed it, please visit americanexpress.com.au/travel; log in and click Travel Credit Details in the top right hand corner. No refunds, including cancelled bookings. Travel Credit spend will not earn Membership Rewards points. For full Travel Credit Terms and Conditions visit americanexpress.com/australia/platinumtravelcreditterms
Qantas Travel Credit. To receive the Qantas Travel Credit, you must have paid the annual Card fee and minimum payment by the due date. The $450 Qantas Travel Credit can be redeemed for any eligible Qantas flight booked (i.e. a QF flight number on your ticket) and paid online through American Express Travel in a single booking. All travel is subject to Qantas Conditions of Carriage. The Travel Credit can be used for 365 days from the anniversary date and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. For bookings less than $450 any unused portion of the Qantas Travel Credit will be forfeited. The Qantas Travel Credit will be available each year of Card Membership, as long as you have paid the annual fee and your account is current and in good standing. Subject to Qantas Travel Credit, Terms and Conditions.
3. Airport Lounge Access. Includes the American Express Global Lounge Collection, International American Express Lounge and Centurion Lounge Network. Also includes access to the Priority PassTM program, which is subject to enrolment and the Priority Pass Conditions of Use available at www.prioritypass.com. For more details visit global.americanexpress.com/lounge-access/the-platinum-card
4. Fine Hotels + Resort. Valid only for new Fine Hotels + Resorts bookings made through Platinum Travel Service, Business Platinum Travel Service, Centurion Travel Service, or American Express Travel Online. Available for Australian Platinum Charge Card Members and Centurion® Members only, and excludes Platinum Credit Card Members such who are not also Australian Platinum Charge Card Members or Centurion Members. Payment must be made in full with an American Express Card in the Australian Platinum Card Member's or Centurion® Member's name. You may be able to use Membership Rewards® points and /or Travel Credit on the American Express Travel website as payment towards Fine Hotels + Resorts, if the selected hotel and room type provides you the option to prepay in advance. Platinum Card Member or Centurion Member must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described. Benefit restrictions vary by Fine Hotels + Resorts property and cannot be redeemed for cash, and may not be combined with other offers unless indicated. Advance reservations are recommended for services such as spa, dining or golf in order to take advantage of the Fine Hotels + Resorts special amenity during your stay. Benefits and additional Fine Hotels + Resorts promotions are only applied at checkout and expire at checkout. Limit one benefit package per room, per stay. Three room limit per Card Member, per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. Participating Fine Hotels + Resorts properties and benefits are subject to change.
1. Benefits vary by property; call Platinum Travel Services for details.
2. Breakfast amenity varies by property, but will be, at a minimum, a continental breakfast.
3. Certain room categories are not eligible for upgrade; call Platinum Travel Services for details.
4. Complimentary In-Room Wi-Fi is provided. In the case where a Property includes cost of Wi-Fi in a mandatory resort fee, the Card Member will receive a daily credit from the Property in the standard amount that the Property charges for Wi-Fi. The credit will be issued on the Card Member's final statement upon check-out.
5. Accor. Dining and drinks discounts may not apply to breakfast at selected hotels in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and French Polynesia; mini bars, room service or pool bars; public holidays or during special events; or children’s menu. For more information, please visit here: accorplus.com/benefits/more-flavours. Dining privileges are subject to the Accor Plus membership terms and conditions which are found here: accorplus.com/about/terms-and-conditions. Annual Accor Plus membership is valued at AU$399, found at accorplus.com/en-au/benefits as at 22 March, 2021. Accor Plus enrolment is required. Accor Plus benefit is available only to the Primary Platinum Card Member. Membership privileges will only be granted on presentation of valid card and member must identify themselves as an Accor Plus member at time of booking. Accommodation bookings must be made through all.accor.com. American Express reserves the right to instruct Accor to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Card Member or your account is not in good standing. Complimentary membership is a continuing benefit of your American Express Platinum Card, however American Express reserves the right to discontinue the benefit, upon providing you with reasonable notice. Once enrolled, enrolment continues for at least 12 months. If you become ineligible for this benefit or if this benefit ends, the Accor Plus membership standard eligibility criteria will apply to you. Visit accorplus.com for full membership conditions, benefits and participating properties. Complimentary night stay rooms are limited each night per participating property and must be made by visiting and booking through all.accor.com.
Please note Additional Cards are referred to as Supplementary Cards in some Terms and Conditions and marketing material.
6. Travel Insurance. The insurance on American Express Cards is subject to terms, conditions, exclusions, maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and other limits. Card Members get access to the Card insurance when they meet the activation and eligibility requirements. It is important that you read the Card insurance terms and conditions carefully to consider whether the insurance meets your needs. Chubb, Allianz Global Assist and American Express do not provide advice about the Card insurance or whether it is appropriate for your needs, financial situation or objectives.
The American Express Card insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy of insurance held by American Express International, Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208, AFSL No. 237996). Access to this insurance is provided solely by reason of the statutory operation of section 48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). Card Members are not a party to the group policy, do not have an agreement with Chubb and cannot vary or cancel the cover. American Express is not the insurer, does not guarantee or hold the rights under the group policy on trust for Card Members and does not act as Chubb’s agent (that is, on behalf of Chubb). American Express is not an Authorised Representative (under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)) of Chubb.